[Lore] Serthek'fikt, 'harbored Souls'. (Edited)

Drak3

Serthek’Fikt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H55T21LEvlM

9d4MvEM.jpg

Backround & info

These undead beings are a result of a necromancy ritual based on another route to escape death’s inevitable embrace. Though in a sense, being taken into it’s cold grasp at the same time. It’s based around the same basic principals of Wight creation, though differs on how the actual soul travels in form from the plane of the living, to that of the dead when being destroyed. As well as the actual process in having such a being formed. These heartless creations of the darkest of arts are attuned to the world of the living by binding their very soul to an object, mainly a weapon in this case. Which would act as a restorable phylactery. Though some have been known in the past of using staves or other, not so original choices for such a task in ancient recordings. In this ritual carried out.

HGTesmg.png

The one binding to the object would be put under a heavy amount of strain for the short time it takes to complete the process. Two other experienced necromancers are needed in this as well as a set of certain runic symbols. Both being carved into a golden obelisk and the object that’s used. In this all being carried out. The rare phenomenon takes place as a bridge to channel one’s soul directly through and into the object, which binds it and the soul together in a limbo-like state of existence. Though they’re corporeal while in the world of the living. Once either the body or object is shattered. Both are then forced back out of their corporeal forms. This is why the body and weapon/object turn to dust after being vanquished.

5u1pu3R.gif

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Process of Creation

Dark looming shadows covered the uneven walls in which three figures sat inside a cavernous hole in the earth. Small flickering torches lined the damp area as some of the rocks over their heads sprung beads of water from the soil interlaced between. Though it didn’t hinder those who sat below at a squared table. A masked figure, an elderly man and another hooded figure were stationed evenly around. Each had been here for the last weeks, the air now riddled with the thick stench of rotting bodies and blood that have left nearby.

On the table before those there was a dagger fashioned from obsidian. Along the flat sides of the jagged blade were runic symbols etched into the very fabric of its substance. Though it wasn't the most captivating part of the weapon as a faint light glow seemed to cover it from a previous enchantment. Hours past. Than days, though the studies continued. Bodies collected from the past were brought into the newly dug catacombs. Tests proceeded with the aid of tattered records. Written by, though found after the late Gravelord Chrodraeos death. The carefully constructed notes gave a firm understanding on what was trying to be produced.

From what most would consider to be an unholy abomination in the very creation of thought.
Though the process in which was written had finally been learned and taken into their minds with every task to be carried out. Now, as preparations were made. A golden obelisk was brought in by a large group of Ghouls. clawing and grasping to set it into place before the trio. Along each side of the standing, altered block of gold lay the same strange etchings that mimicked the blade’s edge that now sat directly in front of it. The masked individual stepped forth. His breath steady and calm under the guise he wore. The other two moved to each of his sides. Both raising an arm at the golden pillar as wisps of blackened mist poured from each of their hands.

The foul smog flowed into the pillar, though only to reverse its course. Now flowing back into the two, the ebony stream continued without faltering as they each raised their other hand to send another pair of tethering essence into the masked figures frame. The man stood, only to hunch forward after some time. Strain seemed to write across his actions as each of his shoulders bobbed repeatedly as he took in the very force that drives every living being.With a whirl of both hands. The masked one raised both hands to erupt a stream of the same black mist from each of his palms. It spiraled down to connect with the resting dagger before the three.

As the two broke their own connection from him and the pillar of gold. He let a single yelp of pain out as he lurched forward, though the life force coursing from his palms didn’t halt it’s path. It continued to be leached out on it’s own accord. As it did so, the masked one’s body began to wither. The skin under the man’s clothing turned an ashen color as more of the supply of essence leaked from his body like a running faucet. The masked man gasped to heaved for gulps of air. Though as soon as he attempted. It all ended as quick as it began. The trail of smog leaking from his hands disconnected as the body it was attached to lurched forward before falling face first on the floor.

There, as the other two watched on. The dagger that sat idle now glowed with a faint greenish hue before the body. As if the glow was permeating the very air around it’s unholy structuring. The aftermath was noticeable by the elderly man and hooded woman. The remains of the masked one. That stood just before the ritual they proceeded with. Was now sprawled out on the floor. All signs of life now fled from the corpse. Though after a minute. Signs of life started to spark up. Not from the body that laid nearby. But the dagger itself. It started with one simple sputtering of a small flame. Which grew around the blackened blade. Consuming it to lash out in a tether of life force.

The elderly man and woman stayed still. Shocked and awed as the weapon that sat before them began to refuel the corpse. As this happened, wisps of ethereal flames wrapped just around the body, though vanishing once fully enveloping it. After this happened. The robed body that was thought to be dead twitched with a sudden jerk. It’s gloved hands grasping at the stone floor, though only succeeding in scrapping it’s nails through the gloves. Tearing one off as it slowly made it’s way to a knee. After lifting it’s head to stare at the other two betrayers of nature. It’s made clear that it’s hollowed eyes behind the mask now cast a fiery illumination from the guise.

vL7fhi2.png

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Abilities & Weaknesses

*The Serthek’Fikt can transfer their essence into another dead body if available. Though the process takes time to bind properly and cannot be used in the midst of combat.The original body would also turn to dust upon abandonment. Never to be regained again.

*One can only become a Serthek’Fikt by attuning themselves to a mastered level of understanding necromancy. As is, they’d still be able to manipulate life force all the same as when they were alive. Though the body they control has to have the object/weapon in hand that holds their soul in order to taint, drain, curse, bone meld and reanimate the dead. Losing the hold on such would render any ability they were producing to be nullified.

*The Serthek’Fikt can use magic they had in life. Though they cannot learn after going through the ritual of becoming a Serthek’Fikt. (This does not affect magic types such as soul puppetry, contract magic, shamanism, Dark Shamanism, Druidism or any type of deity-based magic. It only mainly severs the tie with learning Voidal magic.)

*The Serthek’Fikt’s body can only last as long as it’s not damaged too drastically. If the bones inside the body of this being are smashed to bits, the remaining pieces and the object the soul is bound to turn into dust. Though not permanently killing them as they, like Wights are in a constant limbo of life and death. Eventually, the body and object holding it’s soul reanimate back in around a week’s time in game. The same rules of death apply as the monks. Memory loss is always placed upon death for these beings.

*The Serthek’Fikt are only as strong as their possessed body will allow. this means if one of these beings takes control of an Uruk body. It would be limited to the strength of such. Though any of these beings are able to wield heavy armour and weapons. It would still slow them down in moderation to that of the living.

*If the Serthek’Fikt’s object or weapon that holds their soul is taken out around 15 meters from it’s body. It would slowly lose control of it’s senses, causing the controlled body to fall under the impression of being in a blinded state. Both the body and weapon would turn to dust as a result of the tether breaking between the corpse and the soul if separated for too long. In return though, if one tries to hold the object/weapon barehanded, they’d be greeted by the soul’s whispering thoughts from within. Though it would pose no real threat in being held.

*The Serthek’Fikt are injured by all forms of holy magic. Whether it’s on a healing basis, or holy fire. It can easily disrupt and cause these beings to turn into dust just by having too much exposure to such. That means wards based on holy magic also repeal them and prevent them from crossing or entering such locations. Gold also affects them in a negative manner as it can ultimately sever the connection the Serthek’Fikt has with the cadaver it’s bound to. Leading to both the phylactery-weapon and body to turn into dust.

Red lines

*Under no circumstances can they be stronger than an Uruk on any basis. They may only gain up to the strength of one, only if using the deceased body of an Uruk.

*They cannot swap bodies in an instant. It’s a heavily focusing procedure that takes their full attention to complete and time as well.

*They cannot control the bodies of the living.

*You cannot go back to whatever race you’ve played before. This is the same is becoming a Lich.

*They are not indestructible. their bones can be smashed to bits with the ease of blunt force such as two handed mauls and the sort.

*The weapon or object they bind their souls is only as strong as the material it’s made out of. Thus it’s durability would be based upon such. Though in most cases It could be smashed as well. Leading to the body and remaining hunks of the said phylactery to turn to dust.

*They can only transfer into the bodies of sentient corpses. They may alter them, add or exchange parts by the use of bone melding. But never can they take on a whole animal body for their own bidding. This does not affect reanimating the dead by traditional necromancy functionings.

On the guidelines to lore it suggests not to propose anything that is already covered by existing lore. We already have Liches. Though admittedly, it may be hard to track lore down for it.

As another method for creating a Lich (because the PG-ing that came from them meant it getting shutdown) I think its nice. This could be a good way of re-introducing them. Particularly because they are destroyable by brute force like any brittle bone, while for some reason the players of Liches seemed to think their bodies invincible.

Though they resemble a Lich by appearance, how their souls are stored and their operating bodies are governed by so. They're very different from that of a Lich. That being a Deathstalker, or one that uses magic solely. Also on how they would be able to reanimate themselves back into the world of the living, which they can usher themselves into existence by draining the life from the very landscape. They'd be drawn to plentiful abundances of flora as well in their incorporeal form. I'd hope they'd stand in their own classification when being compared to a Lich or Wight. I'd also add that only a necromancer can become one of these beings, as listed above. Simply put. It's a way for necromancers to ascend from mortalities hold.

I really like this. They sort of remind me if Warcraft's first generation Death Knights in a way. Their whole creation process and the time/investment it takes in making one is really interesting. I assume they're not bound to the people who raised them, yes? Like a lich or a ghoul is bound to the one who created them.

As another method for creating a Lich (because the PG-ing that came from them meant it getting shutdown) I think its nice. This could be a good way of re-introducing them. Particularly because they are destroyable by brute force like any brittle bone, while for some reason the players of Liches seemed to think their bodies invincible.

But this is one of the things I like most about this idea. After fighting a few liches in the past (or just being present when someone fought one) I can say I've seen a lot of power gamey things.

They would not be bound to anyone, since the other two necromancers in the ritual are only supplying a large amount of life force into the person who's to be transformed. As it calls for such to complete a task as this.

How does the manipulation of souls even work, though? I see this with so many ideas in necromancy but it's never explained. I didn't know necromancy had power over souls.

When creating a Lich. The person being made is dead. And it take three necromancers to fuel a ritual used to yank the soul of the person being revived back into existence. Which is placed inside a phylactery. The soul itself is what fuels the skeleton to hold together operate and talk. This ritual is slightly based on that idea. But with the creation of a Wight more in mind. Instead of yanking one's soul back into say, a crystal, as a normal Lich. The person funnels their own through with the use of certain, complex runic markings. That are placed on the obelisk and object used. This is what makes that bridge in the lore. Which in turn, destroys the living tissue of the body and encases the soul into that said object. Necromancy has a way of mysteriously dealing with reanimation in such a case.

It works with current lore and could be found in rp. Get's a +1 from me.

I'm unsure, tell me why you think this would be a good idea for the server and I will think on it myself. 

Perhaps to bring more role play to LotC? That seems like a good reason to start with.

Perhaps to bring more role play to LotC? That seems like a good reason to start with.

It's a good reason, but the intentions behind the lore should to rather be the actions of providing a more subtle antagonistic force, to me it sounds like you Necromancers get another new toy while a lot of us other folk coyly watch, and kind of veer off to try and find a true antagonist.

I've no doubt it's good lore, but I don't feel it'll create more role-play. It could certainly make RP interesting, though. Mhmn, for now a +1

but, I don't want it to be another of those clique things that are kept away from those who wish to try and play as one, that'd be rather cheap. 

Yeah I like this, very well done.

+1