[Shelved][Lore] The Notes Of Kalameet Izalith - The Holocron & Lexicon

Moot

After project Obelisk concluded, and success achieved, it only stood to reason that I had to find reasonable applications to suit this device. I was hard pressed to come up with suitable, original ideas. Magical lifts, arcanic lights all seemed quite simple, and frankly trivial. It was even suggested by a stranger to create illusionary flowers, to create an immortal sense of beauty, however I still felt it wasn’t suitable; until I had met with an old friend of mine in elcihi only months later.

He invited me to his home for tea, an activity I rarely enthrall myself in considering my isolationism, even amongst the Mali’aheral. I took the chance to have my rare bout of social interaction, upon entering his home my attention was promptly removed from his formal welcome, instead placed on a curious tetrahedron shaped ancient stone. I inquired upon it, my old compatriot informed me it was infact and ancient device which had apparently held information, a “Lexicon”. And with this, I began work on domestic applications for such technology.

wv70jee.png

Lacking the prowess of ancient arcane engineers, I was forced to separate the functions of this technology into two separate devices, due to limitations of the current age. I opted instead to focus on these two devices independently, to better allocate their traits and to ensure their efficiency is optimal.

Lexicon: The Lexicons function is quite simple and mundane, it’s like a record, like a book or tome. Audio, imagery, or written information can be held within these Lexicons, which serves as a capsule of past messages or records. The base of the Lexicon is made with a large focal crystal, imbued with very little mana, so it offers a consistent glow. The outside casing it made from a tampered Carbarum, which holds the strings of enchantments, which is the information.

Unfortunately due to technological restraints, the Lexicon alone serves as nothing but a simple light stone, and actually needs another device to properly function; the Holocron.

Holocron: Holocrons are generally small monuments which serves as the output for the Lexicons. If a Lexicon is inserted into the Holocron, the information which is stored on the small stone will project from the Holocron. The main requirement for these devices, is the two focus crystals which act as the catalyst for the enchantments; the first is at the base which connects to the Lexicon, and transfers the information. The second is at the top of the Holocron, which projects the information which is inputted.

b48NNrB.png

The Holocron is what holds the majority of the mana to fuel these series of enchantments, and generally needs to be connected to a Mana Obelisk to function with efficiency. Furthermore, the shape of the Holocron is up to the designer, as long as it posses enough energy to power the images and audio with the Lexicon provides.

This concludes my studies on this section of Arcane Engineering,

Kalameet Izalith, Journal entry:  Lexicon, and Holocron, information transmutation devices.

((Another Arcane Engineer post. This goes in tandem with Mana Obelisks, and really can already be done to a more simpler degree. Illusionary images which act as holographs. This lore complicates it, and gives it a little beef to be more interesting! I hope you guys like it, more soon to come))

Eath reads the entry and gets angry as he discovers that high elves had tea and neglected it to him.

That's why he'll kill every single mali'aheral and destroy every single mana machine

This seems to be far to futureish for the server. I dont know how many times I have been stonewalls by loremasters with the reason, no the server is not ready for it. I'm sorry but thinking as we are on a medieval role play server. -1

This seems to be far to futureish for the server. I dont know how many times I have been stonewalls by loremasters with the reason, no the server is not ready for it. I'm sorry but thinking as we are on a medieval role play server. -1

bea9d99bf7.jpg

Cease, this is a fantasy server, not medieval. We have magic, wraiths, dragons, talking pigs (love you Porkour), and the list keeps going on. What is being proposed isn't that far off what we can already do, such as the whole illusionary pendant. This is just a more powerful thingo, and doesn't really seem to do much harm. Maybe if you can provide a different reason for a -1 besides "to futureish", then we'll see :^)

bea9d99bf7.jpg[l]&&0){for(var>

Cease, this is a fantasy server, not medieval. We have magic, wraiths, dragons, talking pigs (love you Porkour), and the list keeps going on. What is being proposed isn't that far off what we can already do, such as the whole illusionary pendant. This is just a more powerful thingo, and doesn't really seem to do much harm. Maybe if you can provide a different reason for a -1 besides "to futureish", then we'll see :^)

How about this then, It's literally stolen from starwars (holocron) and Elder scrolls: Skyrim (lexicon). If the person(s) that are writing this lore want to call it their own. Make it original like everyone else does. I remember darkdragon getting bitched at for stealing someone else art work. This lore here is stealing Starwar's and Skyrim's idea's. Which I do believe are still copyrighted. 

Proof:

a198225c121e2b24efe24c9338fbf18e.png

2ee3b434c4b267f725257fbde611f966.png

IF they wish to write something creative and original to add to the server. Sure I say let them try. But I do not say let them simply steal someone else's creative idea and call it their own. 

Actually, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexicon

Lexicons are not defined by Skyrim.

I won't deny I've taken inspiration from Star wars, however clearly the two don't function similarly. Holocrons In Star wars don't require a Lexicon, and actually function off the force. The lore was created with Lotc in mind, and made from elements found in Lotc and previous lore I've personally written. Which turns out, isn't the force!

Insinuating I stole someones work is a little silly, and clearly you holds some sort of vendetta!

Edit: Also, I'm unsure how the functions of those two other fictional devices correlate with the two I wrote about. They're the same in essence, however their purposes and uses are far different. Just because a man made table, doesn't mean he holds every right to said idea.

Besides, clearly, the Simpsons did it first.

-snip-

See, was that so hard? Also, it wasn't darkdragon, it was Darklord2002 who was selling stolen/modified art for money, much much different than simply copying a name.

We have necromancy, druidism, paladins, dryads, mimics, trolls, drakes, alchemy, and the list continues. Don't talk about original when a vast majority of our lore is simply based off another idea and tweaked. If Kalameet changed the name of the object, then I don't really see any further issues.

I really like this, but my only thought is that the name should be changed. Lexicons and holocrons are thought to be related to futuristic devices and may give the wrong impression, as well is a bit lacking in creative. Besides that, pretty simple and rad.

I like this, but have it require mental magic for the memories to be stored. Makes sense, and would work quite well.

I don't think they sound very futuristic. Specially Lexicon, as it's just wordplay on my end. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexicon

As for Holocron... Eh, holographic imagry = Illusion images. The jump isn't that far!

I like this, but have it require mental magic for the memories to be stored. Makes sense, and would work quite well.

Not quite. Sensory Illusion has a similar ability to replicate memories, simply not in a first person perspective, which this Holocron/Lexicon isn't doing. It is, after all, a holographic image.

Actually, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexicon

Lexicons are not defined by Skyrim.

I won't deny I've taken inspiration from Star wars, however clearly the two don't function similarly. Holocrons In Star wars don't require a Lexicon, and actually function off the force. The lore was created with Lotc in mind, and made from elements found in Lotc and previous lore I've personally written. Which turns out, isn't the force!

Insinuating I stole someones work is a little silly, and clearly you holds some sort of vendetta!

Mana (Aka the void) is LoTc's force. In star wars they may not require a lexicon but they DO require a codex and a trained Jedi to read them. The names have been taken from clear sources that I was able to find after a 20 second Google search. 

I would say, add a bit more thought and creativity into this, maybe some one who first made it, maybe you found a book to go along with it, talking about how they might have been made. Along with that, I would say change the name. 

As for you believing me to have a "vendetta" I would ***** at you even if you were my best friend and you came up with this. I'm a logical person. Seen as mean and cold to the bone. :) I dont need to hold "vendetta's" I treat everyone equally. 

Edit : This is the type of lore I could see coming from someone new to the server. But not an aged experienced Lore master. A Lore master is someone who is meant to judge over what is good lore for the server. If they create lore, it is only common sense that they should know what they are making and have the ability and thought to add creativity and originality to it. Not to be called out on it by someone who isn't a loremaster.  

I agree with Zarsies.

I'm a logical person.

Your posts aren't indicating that. Your grasping at straws because it seems like you dislike Kalameet, which wouldn't be all too surprising. Your argument centers on reasons that change in each post, and either a misunderstanding or misrepresentation of lore. Just take a chill pill bro, your dislike of the lore has been noted.

I don't agree with Zarsies and I think this is perhaps one of the most intriguing pieces of lore put out.

I'll explain why by noting what this lore reminded me of.

I remember playing Skyrim and being enraptured in the scene of discovering the lexicon in the Dwemer ruin. I can't remember specific names, but I have to salute Kalameet for this - this is damn impressive and hopefully forebodes well for some interesting fiction being written.

Skyrim-Review-Lexicon-Elder-Scroll-620x3

Image in case I am calling the above by the wrong name, could have sworn it was known as the Lexicon though.