[Shelved][Lore] The Notes Of Kalameet Izalith - The Holocron & Lexicon

Moot

Not quite. Sensory Illusion has a similar ability to replicate memories, simply not in a first person perspective, which this Holocron/Lexicon isn't doing. It is, after all, a holographic image.

I'm aware, but how does the memory get put into it in the first place? Illusion can't pull memories from heads, can it?

I'm aware, but how does the memory get put into it in the first place? Illusion can't pull memories from heads, can it?

It's not pulling memories. An illusions/enchanter places the images/sounds into the Lexicon when making it. A mental mage, in theory, could help by actually putting in real memories. But it isn't required.

Reading through a second time, I really don't get why folks would be against this. Like... it's literally just transmitting information. It's not like it gives some superb advantage in complex technology. To say it's futuristic implies that it has some special ability that can't be achieved with medieval-fantastic technology, which is nonsense. It just allows for the display of information in a more interesting way, which is cool and gives its users more creative freedom to roleplay interestingly. This lore gimme dat good good, jah feel homes?

#TeamHolocron&Lexicon

#TheFutureIsNow

I'm pretty sure that's cannon for Shades.

Mana (Aka the void) is LoTc's force. In star wars they may not require a lexicon but they DO require a codex and a trained Jedi to read them. The names have been taken from clear sources that I was able to find after a 20 second Google search. 

I would say, add a bit more thought and creativity into this, maybe some one who first made it, maybe you found a book to go along with it, talking about how they might have been made. Along with that, I would say change the name. 

As for you believing me to have a "vendetta" I would ***** at you even if you were my best friend and you came up with this. I'm a logical person. Seen as mean and cold to the bone. :) I dont need to hold "vendetta's" I treat everyone equally. 

Edit : This is the type of lore I could see coming from someone new to the server. But not an aged experienced Lore master. A Lore master is someone who is meant to judge over what is good lore for the server. If they create lore, it is only common sense that they should know what they are making and have the ability and thought to add creativity and originality to it. Not to be called out on it by someone who isn't a loremaster.  

aren't you the person that said they changed their race with magic

More on topic, I like the lore, but maybe another name could be chosen that isn't quite as futuristic. Memory machines, or something like that.

Both the words are fitting in the fantasy world. Lexicon being the ye olde word for dictionary. Holocron sounds much better than hologram. To me futuristic words are like, SH1-0151 (The serial number for our orbital gun). Also I think it's cute that people get mad over ideas being "rip-offs" of other universes. There is literally no such thing as an original idea in this day and age.

copy-of-a-copy.gif

All one can hope for is an original spin on an existing idea to let it relate to the universe it needs to. Last I checked this was called Lord of the Craft (Lord of the Rings) not Medieval McJangle's 15th CenturyPremier Roleplay Server.

THE FUTURE IS NOW.

Shades have a dolphin screech cannon???????

I'm pretty sure... It only makes roleplay sense :///

I agree with Zarsies.

Your posts aren't indicating that. Your grasping at straws because it seems like you dislike Kalameet, which wouldn't be all too surprising. Your argument centers on reasons that change in each post, and either a misunderstanding or misrepresentation of lore. Just take a chill pill bro, your dislike of the lore has been noted.

Yes, I will admit I am not the best writer and on paper I lack in making very convincing arguments. Though grasping at straws is not what I am doing. 

As for disliking Kalameet, He/she has wronged me in no way in which would cause me to not like him/her. You mistake my nit picking as trying to find someone that I do not like about their lore, because I do not like them. If this way the case i would also do it to every other lore they have written. 

As for taking a chill pill, Clearly, as with most things involving this server it is clear this is also not being taken seriously. As a great man once said " Whatever is worth doing at all, is worth doing well. " Saying that, I hold great hope in Kalameet as I have seen the work that they can produce so to see something like this, is frankly sad. *End of note*

aren't you the person that said they changed their race with magic

More on topic, I like the lore, but maybe another name could be chosen that isn't quite as futuristic. Memory machines, or something like that.

No, my character was changed to look completely and flawlessly like another race but her race was not changed. I only used the other card so to remove meta. Also it was not changed by magic of the voidal type, more of an event back in early anthos. But I dont understand how this has anything to do with the current topic. 

I'm pretty sure... It only makes roleplay sense :///

Can I be a shade then? I want a dolphin screech cannon!

No, my character was changed to look completely and flawlessly like another race but her race was not changed. I only used the other card so to remove meta. Also it was not changed by magic of the voidal type, more of an event back in early anthos. But I dont understand how this has anything to do with the current topic. 

It was just you were questioning Kalameet's ability to follow and create lore. Like I said in my post, it was off-topic, and so was your rather personal dig at Kalameet, despite your adamance that you had nothing against him.

Glad you put my theoretical explanation of how we would make hard disk drives in LotC to good, coherent use. I actually agree that holocron is a bit too futuristic sounding, but I like Lexicon. +1