nrLjoie.png

TSZJjRL.png

AY5Mn53.png

It was long before the rise of Iblees that the Aengul Tahariae first revealed himself. In the visions of the Prophets and His rare manifestations on the mortal plane, Tahariae is seen as a golden, radiant stag. Tahariae guides His followers through the Five Tenets bestowed upon the First Prophets, and through the mouth of the current Prophets. Those whom He deems worthy also receive His divine blessing, granting the mortal the ability to work miracles through prayer to Him and to wield His great power against evil. His power manifests in the palms and staffs of His clerics in the form of a brilliant light, which the worshiper is able to control in whatever way they deem fit. For both war clerics and priests, Tahariae is very strict about the uses of His gift, as described in the Five Tenets. If a cleric were to violate one of the Tenets, Tahariae would send one of His Itharel to strip them of their blessing and banish them from the Order. His power is to be used only to establish purity and justice on the mortal plane, not for the whims of those He has bestowed His grace upon.

MliKrpU.png

[*] Shelter and protect thy brothers and sisters of Tahariae. [*]

[*] Do not stray from thy dedication to the Pure One. [*]

[*] Guide and protect the Descendants of the Four against the Impure. [*]

[*] Do not spill the blood of the innocent. [*]

[*] Do not use Tahariae’s blessing for anything other than His Will. [*]

yQKCaPo.png

Above all else, the history of Tahariae’s children is sacred. It has been passed down to each generation of clerics through journals, tomes, and oral tradition. With the founding of the Atheran Order by Grandmaster Katari Stirling, the High Priest Heshakomeu Sohae compiled everything known of the cleric’s history into the Elnaeran’Tahariae - “The Clerics of Tahariae.”

… In the early days of Aegis, the First Prophets were chosen...

Rebekah and Jacob, brother and sister, were mere initiates to the sacred order of the Cloud Temple monks when the visions began. Seen for their unwavering dedication to the Aenguls and Daemons they worshiped, Tahariae, Aengul of Purity and Justice, appeared before them in their dreams in the form of a brilliant golden stag. He commanded them to be His hands on the mortal plane, and through them He would channel His power to heal the sick, restore the wounded, and purge the servants of evil from creation. Rebekah and Jacob, in awe, submitted themselves to Tahariae, and were bound body and soul to Him. Together, they wandered throughout the realm of Aegis, working great miracles among the Descendants and slaying the unholy creatures who hid in the dark corners of the world. Tahariae’s Light was revealed by the Prophets, and many Descendants swore fealty to the Aengul as well. The Clerical Order, as it had come to be known, grew quickly, and its many priests and paladins protected the Descendants from darkness.

… However, the Light of Tahariae began to fade, and the Light of His Sister was lit…

After the deaths of both Rebekah and Jacob, the Clerical Order began to fade. Its many adherents disappeared, died, or rebelled against Tahariae and had their holy connection ripped from them. When Iblees, the Corrupter, and the Undead rose to destroy Aegis, they were little more than a collection of . As the last lights of those who first channeled the powers of the heavens faded, the arch-Aengul Aeriel, Aengul of Peace and Love, and caretaker of the souls of the Descendants, chose followers of her own to lead the Descendants against the Betrayer. These heroes became known as the Ascended, and all memory of the first Clerical Order was smothered by the light of Aeriel.

… But it was not enough to stop the Darkness of the Corrupter…

As the battle between the Undead and the Descendants raged, the numbers of the Ascended were greatly diminished. Many had fallen in the war against the Betrayer, and too little were joining to fight off the endless hordes of the Dark One. With the Light of Aeriel diminished, Tahariae was forced to make Himself known again. From among the thousands of refugees, Thrym Silverfist, a young dwarf smith, was chosen. His dreams were filled with the visions of His Glory in the form of a golden stag, commanding Thrym, as He had the First Prophets, to submit himself to Him and serve Tahariae body and soul. As the First Prophets did, Silverfist bowed, and received the Blessing of Tahariae.

… Without history, a future cannot occur…

Although he was granted the powers of a cleric, he knew nothing of the ancient clerics of the first Order. Intent on discovering the history of the clerics to serve as a basis for a new Order, Silverfist retreated to the Irongut manor, the isolated property of his clan. There, he spent weeks searching through the Irongut library. Finally, buried deep within the tomes of Urguan history, was the diary of Heron Irongut. As Silverfist read through it, he saw mention of a tome kept in the Cloud Temple Library that had been written by an order of clerics before the war against the Undead began.

… And so the Second Prophet sought to resurrect the Clerical Order…

It took Silverfist days to find the tome, and several more to convince the monks of the Cloud Temple to allow him to copy it. After receiving the tome, Silverfist set out to found a new, better, and more stable Order, one that could protect the Descendants after the passing of the Ascended. With his new holy powers, Silverfist fought against the Undead, initiating a growing army of clerics into the Order to combat the forces of the Corruptor.

… After the arrival to Asulon, the Order retreated from the affairs of the world…

The Clerical Order, although reclusive, did remain after the transition to Asulon. The Prophet Thrym Silverfist led them as they watched over Asulon, healing and slaying as they were needed. The cleric Areon Baldwin, especially, is remembered for his great deeds. So the Order stood, even through the fleeing of Asulon to Kalos and Elysium.

… But such days were not meant to last…

Soon after the arrival to Anthos, Braxis, the current leader of the Order, went missing, and Saint Areon Baldwin the Honorable fell victim to mortality. Leaderless, the Order fell into chaos. It was only then that Hosper Blackthorne, a dark elf cleric, returned. A remnant of the Order of Asulon, he took control of the Clerical Order and reestablished them within the walls of Ac’Talareh, the ancient Malinoran ruins in which the Arcane Delvers dwelled. With time, more clerics were inducted into the Order, but a previously small group of necromancers did as well. The forces of Light and Death clashed for the decades the Descendants made their home in Anthos. Their war was complicated by the appearance of the Scourge and the Harbingers that led them, who slowly led the ice and darkness of the north southward to the great cities of the Descendants. It was further complicated by the rise of wraiths: dark beings created by incredibly-powerful mages with ancient rituals condensing the Void. Even the greatest of the clerics could not stop them.

… And so Tahariae’s Light found new form…

To fight the growing number of threats in Anthos, Tahariae chose the four greatest clerics of the Order to be granted a higher control of the Pure One’s power. The Four became known as the Itharel, Tahariae’s power manifested in the bodies of mortals. Their light banished the darkness that had cast its shadow over Anthos in the forms of holy fire and sword. After the fall of Anthos and the flight to the Fringe, the Order established themselves in the Temple of Vallendar, led by the Itharel; Ivanus, the High Sentinel Doctor Mandru VonSchlichten, the High Priestess Saint Lenia Ith’ael the Gentle, and High Paladin Jakir Axem, and the clerics and Itharel fought the infernal forces of the drakaar Setherien alongside the other Descendants.

… Even the brightest lights shall dim with time…

After the fall of Setherien, the Itharel began to disappear one by one, vanishing until such a time they would be needed again. Clerics disappeared one by one, leaving the Temple empty save for a diligent high elf initiate tending the crops, praying, and feeding wanderers passing through. The shrine of Alras was eventually established, leaving the Temple to fall to ruin, and Saint Lenia disappeared. Without a High Priestess, or any consistent leadership, the Order again fell apart, leaving only a loose coalition of clerics. Few lived to see Thales, and even fewer the realm of Athera, upon which the last of the Itharel, Daniel, disappeared for a time.

… Unaided by Prophet or Aengul, Tahariae’s followers withered away…

The servants of Xan, Aengul of Order and Guardianship, and the some of the clerics of Tahariae united to form the White Lance. However, conflicts between the followers of the Aenguls lead to its collapse, and Xan’s followers left to form of the Brotherhood of the Lion. It would be several years before the servants of Tahariae would unite again. After several attempts to reunite the Order, Doctor Mandru Vonschlichten, the oldest of the clerics, finally did. Castle Vertigrey, a stark fortress near what was left of Polaris, was erected as the new home of the Clerical Order. It lasted a few years, but a lack of dedication from the surviving clerics lead to its inevitable downfall, and Castle Vertigrey, still unfinished, was left to fall into ruin. Mandru Vonschlichten bestowed leadership upon Katari Stirling, a relatively young paladin inducted into the White Lance but had remarkable leadership qualities. It was then that the Itharel Daniel reappeared, sent by Tahariae to purge His clerics who had fallen to corruption. Among those condemned were Jakir Axem, former High Paladin of the Fringe Order, and one of the few apprentices of  Mandru VonSchlichten, Cheza Greyhammer.

… But the Order is reborn. A new dawn approaches for the children of Purity…

8Td0DiR.png

Tahariae’s blessing was, is, and shall always be of a dual nature. His will is to purge the unholy, but it is also to heal those hurt by the unholy; to destroy and to rebuild; to slay and to restore. The Clerical Order of Tahariae is divided into two branches: the Sacred Priesthood and the Holy Guardians. Those who have accepted the Clerical Trials and Tahariae, but have not yet received Tahariae’s Gift, are known as Acolytes. In the absence of a prophet, the Order is led by the Grandmaster and the Council of Light.

0Wa2dKP.png

The Grandmaster, the High Priest, and the High Guardian make up the Council of Light. In addition to their individual roles within the Order, they oversee granting Initiates the sacred abilities of Tahariae, diplomatic relations with organizations outside the Order, and assigning tasks and missions to Order clerics.

wiUQpLg.png

Through faith and dedication, Rebekah and Jacob were blessed by the Pure One. Over the hundreds of years of the followers of Tahariae wandering the realms, the sacred traditions, rituals, and prayers of the Priesthood have been passed down and kept virtually intact by each generation of cleric. Its members represent Tahariae’s grace and unwillingness to let the impure and unjust leave permanent mark.

Initiate

Their Trials finished and the ritual of connection complete, Initiates are taught how to use the grace of Tahariae for healing purposes. After much work and dedication to the Order and Tahariae, they will display their skills to the Council of Light and decide whether to join the Priesthood or follow the path of the Guardians.

Priest

After obtaining the blessing of the High Priest, an Initiate is welcomed into the Sacred Priesthood. Their duties are mainly dedicated to learning the rituals and prayers of the Priesthood, hosting lectures and lessons for Initiates and Acolytes, studying the teachings of elder and long-past clerics, tending to the Temples and Shrines they are dedicated to, and channeling Tahariae’s power to heal the wounded and sick.

High Priest

The High Priest is the current leader of the Priesthood. They are typically a cleric whose connection with Tahariae is beyond that of the other members of the Priesthood, and can use His Light to work miracles among mortalkind. Along with their duties as a Priest. the High Priest is responsible for leading the Priests, welcoming Initiates into the Priesthood, holding the ancient lore of the Order, declaring sainthood of fallen clerics, establishing doctrine for the Order to follow, and representing the Priesthood on the Council of Light.

vFJNIwA.png

If the Priesthood is the voice of Tahariae, the Guardians are His sword and shield. They are the instruments He uses to purge the world of the unholy creatures of darkness, the Light of Tahariae manifesting in their palms in the form of spears, fire, and blinding radiance. These followers of Tahariae have watched over the Descendants since the blessing of the First Prophets, and they shall continue to until the sun ceases to rise and the world is dead.

Protector

If an Initiate chooses to follow the path of the Guardian, they cease their passive lessons and become a Protector. The Protectors, although without the boons of Tahariae’s holy fire, are dedicated to fighting the unholy. They are watched over and instructed in the art of battle by mature Guardians. When they have completed the Trials given to them by the High Guardian and are of sufficient skill, they are judged by the High Guardian, and with their blessing are granted the powers of Tahariae’s war clerics.

Guardian

Blessed by Tahariae, the Guardians of the Order use Tahariae’s light to purge the impure and unholy creatures of the lands. They spend their days sparring, exercising, training Protectors, and traveling throughout Athera slaying dark creatures that cross their paths.

High Guardian

The High Guardian is the current leader of the Guardians. Usually a war cleric whose abilities with Tahariae’s Light stands out among the other members of the Guardians, the High Guardian’s responsibilities include leading the Holy Guardians, welcoming Protectors into the Guardians, identifying and leading the battles against the greatest threats to Athera and the Order, and representing the Guardians on the Council of Light, as well as their usual duties as a Guardian of the Order.

AYKv2rO.png

Those who profess to follow Tahariae and the Prophets whom He chose to bless. The ways of old cannot be forgotten, lest the truth of Tahariae’s purity be corrupted by mortal tongue. Currently, the members of the Order worship and offer their wisdom from the Sanctum of Tahariae across the river from the Cloud Temple, and from the Shrine of Saint Lenia in Leyulin.

Grandmaster - Heshakomeu Sohae

Priest - Beros

Priest - Neopolitina

Priest - Mia de Silvaros

Priest - Skale

Priest - Kaun Crotania

Protector - Alakagh Uuthlini

Initiate - Ramza Mantisuku

Robes are given upon completion of the initiation ritual.

9CMDZsK.png

The powers of Tahariae’s clerics of peace:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/110635-priest-healing-guide-update/

The powers of Tahariae’s clerics of war:

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/110634-war-cleric-guide-update/

Credits to Ventusyr for compiling this together! He's worked quite a bit on this.

OOC: Joining the Clerical Order is an IC process, much like the Druids or other guilds. If you're interested in joining, you can either find us in-game, or leave an RP letter here, addressed to the Clerics' main base on the Stone Road. Afterwards, we will contact you back on the server and proceed with RP from there.

- Reserved for future announcements-

~A letter is written and sent to the Clerical Order, and smells much like a swampy willow tree.~

"I have some questions regarding this. If I already know voidal magic, am I able to serve Tahariae and receive his blessings? Also, can plants be healed? I am a Dryad, see, so this is of interest to me.

~Willow Dryad Magissa"

~A letter is written and sent to the Clerical Order, and smells much like a swampy willow tree.~

"I have some questions regarding this. If I already know voidal magic, am I able to serve Tahariae and receive his blessings? Also, can plants be healed? I am a Dryad, see, so this is of interest to me.

~Willow Dryad Magissa"

[!]A letter is written back, which smells like... paper[!]

"If you know voidal magic, you will have to give it up in order to receive Tahariae's blessing. Much like the Druids' gifts, the blessing of Tahariae does not mix well with the powers of the void. As for the plant related healing, that's the business of the friendly neighborhood Druidic Order! If you're still interested in the matters of Tahariae and the Order, feel free to send a bird back to organize a meeting between yourself and I. Until then, have a pleasant day and may the Creator and his servants guide you."

-Grandmaster Katari Stirling

~ A note is left at the main base of the Clerical Order, and it reads as follows ~

“Addressed to the Clerical Order; a letter of application.

Greetings to whoever ends up reading this letter - My name is Jean, and I’d like to inquire about joining the Clerical Order. As for the reason I would like to serve Tahariae? To provide some context, I’m a former member of the 4th Era Scions where I served as a warrior. I saw action against dreadknights and on one occasion dealt with a dark arts practitioner.

In my opinion, I have skills that the Clerical Order could utilize in the pursuit of the great good, and now that the Scions are long gone (to my knowledge at least) it would give me a chance to carry on where I left off with the Scions.

I hope to hear back from the order soon.

Yours faithfully,

Jean”

~ A note is left at the main base of the Clerical Order, and it reads as follows ~

“Addressed to the Clerical Order; a letter of application.

Greetings to whoever ends up reading this letter - My name is Jean, and I’d like to inquire about joining the Clerical Order. As for the reason I would like to serve Tahariae? To provide some context, I’m a former member of the 4th Era Scions where I served as a warrior. I saw action against dreadknights and on one occasion dealt with a dark arts practitioner.

In my opinion, I have skills that the Clerical Order could utilize in the pursuit of the great good, and now that the Scions are long gone (to my knowledge at least) it would give me a chance to carry on where I left off with the Scions.

I hope to hear back from the order soon,

Yours faithfully,

Jean.”

Katari glances up from the construction of the base, taking the letter held out to him by one of the workers. He glances it over, nodding to himself before heading over to his makeshift office to pen a reply!

"Dear Jean,

I'd be happy to meet with you in person to further discuss your interests in our Order. If this is the same Jean that I met back in Thales, it'd be a pleasure to have you join. I'll send a bird or someone to find you once I'm available. Until then, continue your work for the Realm, and may the Creator and his servants guide you.

Sincerely,

Katari Stirling, Grandmaster of the Clerical Order."

Another letter is sent, smelling suspiciously like,....Willow trees!!!!!1!

"I have high interests in protecting my tree from many threats, as well as interests in seeing that which seeks to harm nature, and by extension my tree, destroyed. Nature being, well, anything from trees to people. But...for reasons I don't want to get into, I dislike the druidic order and could not in good faith join them.

Tell me, please, is there anything that can help me accomplish this? I know I'd be granted, should I pass the initiation rituals and such, powers to heal. I'm always looking to help out! But is there more than that? I heard of the war clerics, how do they operate? What's the catch, other than following the teachings and guidelines of Taheriael?

~Willow Druid Magissa"

*A white dove brings a letter to the clerical order*

"I wish to serve Tahariae and receive His holy blessing.

≈Sul'onn"

-snip-

[!]A letter is sent back on the back of the original letter[!]

"Dear Magissa,

I understand you dislike the Druidic Order, and there are plenty that do dislike those lazy bums. As you've put in a small handful of questions, I think it'd be better if we met in person. I'll send someone to fetch you once I am available."

-Katari Stirling

*A white dove brings a letter to the clerical order*

"I wish to serve Tahariae and receive His holy blessing.

≈Sul'onn"

[!]A letter is sent back with the white dove[!]

"Dear Sul'onn,

Your interests have been duly noted, and I'd like for you to report to the Clerical base to fully explain why you wish to serve Tahariae. I'll send you another note once I am available."

-Katari Stirling, Grandmaster of the Clerical Order

An ornate letter of elegant handwriting, as if put upon a glass platter that should shatter if touched, is delivered to Grandmaster Katari.

~~Dear Katari,

Myself underneath the name of Jack Viellsinch; am a cleric of His guidance: A powerful one at that, with skills that still need to be honed underneath His leadership; the skills of war. I've gone under many titles in the areas that I have helped to heal, and have only recently heard that the first Clerical Order had been disbanded. I wish to come underneath a meeting with either yourself or another to discuss my abilities.

I am a high tiered warrior, and a powerful Cleric; serving in many based groups, yet not quite perfecting my war clerical skills. If you are available, I'd like to meet with yourself personally.

Signed,

-Jack Viellsinch.~~

-An overly large bird swoops down upon the Order, leaving behind loose feathers, some scratches and a note.-

~To Whom it May Concern,

'Ello! First and foremost I would love to apologize for Fluffy, she can be rough at certain times! So sorry if she scratched ye!

Now, with that put all aside, I, Gawldon Stonebelly, would like to officially extend a hand towards your faithful Order! Not only that, but my services of blade and shield!

Despite my yearning to do battle against those that must be purified, I must indeed ask that I be trained as a Priest aswell. I am no fool who simply wants to cleave the heads off the undead, nay, if I were to choose, then it shall be to heal others, not bring harm.

Respectively,

Gawldon Stonebelly.

-snip-

Katari squints at the letter as he reads it over, scratching his chin idly. "Huh..." He sits down at his desk, dipping his quill in ink before penning a response.

"Dear Mister Viellsinch,

It would be a pleasure to meet someone of your stature in person and discuss what you wish to discuss. Feel free to drop by the Clerical Order's base or to send a personal bird to me, Katari Stirling, whenever you're free. Until then, Creator and his servants guide you."

Sincerely,

Katari Stirling

-snip-

((Whoops, missed this one.))

As Katari rises to his feet after penning back to Jack, a worker brings in another letter. He sighs, sitting back down and flexing his hand before responding to this particular one.

"Dear Gawldon Stonebelly,

It's always a pleasure to see another person ready to serve Tahariae, I'd like to discuss this further with you in person. When you have the time, do send a personal bird to myself, Katari Stirling, or drop by the Clerical Base on the main road."

Sincerely,

Katari Stirling, Grandmaster of the Clerical Order

[!]A letter is sent to the Clerical Order. It reads:

Dear Clerics, I have lived most of my life roaming these lands, watching myself fall into a darker pit of shallowness. I have stolen from many and I believe it is time to look towards the light again, I wish to join the Clerical Order, I am just a simple Wood Elf, but I can help as much as possible. Please feel free to send me a bird so we may meet up.

IGN:Silver_Espio

Character name:Sildriel

[!]A letter is sent to the Clerical Order. It reads:

Dear Clerics, I have lived most of my life roaming these lands, watching myself fall into a darker pit of shallowness. I have stolen from many and I believe it is time to look towards the light again, I wish to join the Clerical Order, I am just a simple Wood Elf, but I can help as much as possible. Please feel free to send me a bird so we may meet up.

IGN:Silver_Espio

Character name:Sildriel

[!]A letter is sent in return to the sender[!]

Dear Sildriel,

I'm glad you've taken it upon yourself to repent for your sins and face the light. I will be sending you a bird once I am available so we can schedule a time and a place to have a meeting. I look forward to discussing the ways of Tahariae with you, until then, stay safe."

Sincerely,

Katari Stirling, Grandmaster of the Clerical Order