I've got a small question, how are they actually made ?

Or how did they come to existence ?

Thanks in advance :)

A Dread Lord kidnaps a fella, stuffs him into armor, kills him, draws blood runes, and such. That's the real basic of it.

Alright, does the lord has a will of it own ?
Or does he, as well, take orders from someone ?

Depends on the lord. Orginally, DKs served Blood Mages. The main bulk of the group/what it turned into, doesn't. Thus, yes, the Lord typically has free will, though, is still subject to the commands of his predecessor, if one exists.

Since the Dread Knight rebellion in 2.0 when Mogroka had to abandon the Blood Mages, the Dread Knights are bound to a Dread Lord who is autonomous. There's currently a split in which some Dread Knights have returned to the original power of the Blood Mages.

To clarify: You're just placing anything considered potentially evil under the title 'edgy'? 

wtf no

its just that the majority of evil things are played by 12 year olds who are like "evil xdddd" and just randomly kill ****

That's a bit rude, given my characters are mostly evil. Not everyone who plays a villain is like that. In fact, I've seen some improve.

Many, if not most villains I meet are terrible. There are a few people I know who are very good, though.

Alpine is right, mostly. Most villains are just very selfish and neglect other players.

Eh. Perhaps my view is limited, the villains is see are quite impressive and know their RP. Then again, most of the villains I hang out with are Necromancers. All in all, there are the bad and the good, but you shouldn't define villains on just a certain amount of "bad" RPers.

There's no real reason for so many characters to be as they are. They were made the way there were with no character progression. Magnus was tricked into becoming a Dread Knight with promises of power and immortality, which he craved. I had a solid two years with him before he became a 'villain' at all. I understand where both of you are coming from.

A villain needs to have actually character progression, not a made up bio because that's ****-tier roleplay and a poor excuse to be a bad guy. Look at the White Rose. They were technically 'villains', with great character background.

You are then making assumptions predetermined by how you've witnessed other people act in the past? There are truly wonderful roleplayers throughout the server, and then there are those who are just inexperienced. Villainy does not need to be a label - just judge a person individually if you even have to judge somebody at all.  

im basing my assumptions on the three years i've been here, and my recent experiences