[✗] Steam Golem & Steam Heart

Z3r05t4r

This is very well written lore, but this would LITTERALLY need hundreds upon hundreds of tiny parts, one misplaced or even slightly damaged piece could result in complete shutdown or a explosion that would render this thing useless. In a fight between a steam golem and a magical golem the shear force of the magic golem would damage internal parts, a olog could very easily punch this steam golem and damage internal parts also. I very much like the idea, I mean Athera is somewhat in a rennasiance age. The current year is 1500, I admit we could make small advances eventually leading up to a steam golem. Like making small steam machines and such, and over time make the advances towards a steam golem. But being able to make a steam golem right now, without making small advances in steam technology seem far fetched at best.

This is very well written lore, but this would LITTERALLY need hundreds upon hundreds of tiny parts, one misplaced or even slightly damaged piece could result in complete shutdown or a explosion that would render this thing useless. In a fight between a steam golem and a magical golem the shear force of the magic golem would damage internal parts, a olog could very easily punch this steam golem and damage internal parts also. I very much like the idea, I mean Athera is somewhat in a rennasiance age. The current year is 1500, I admit we could make small advances eventually leading up to a steam golem. Like making small steam machines and such, and over time make the advances towards a steam golem. But being able to make a steam golem right now, without making small advances in steam technology seem far fetched at best.

Good thing this is a fantasy role-play server.

As I said before, the ability to create and maintain one would need some advanced machinery and processes that we do not have on this server.

Plus, if this is allowed, then the work Alras had done so long ago to create blimps should be reconsidered due to it's nature.

As I said before, the ability to create and maintain one would need some advanced machinery and processes that we do not have on this server.

Plus, if this is allowed, then the work Alras had done so long ago to create blimps should be reconsidered due to it's nature.

Hm, I do not see where blimps are related to a land-based heavy piece of engineering and machinery (with the partial magical aspects of it of course). Blimps are more about avionics, less so about engineering of fine parts. And as I hopefully noted before, the most complex part of the golem is in the end the steam heart.

Alrasian engineering guild didn't actually work on blimps. They just bothered Shiftnative with it as he seemed to have a massive hate-on for anything 'steampunk' related. We did create Cannons though, and kept them in our sole possession for a little more than a year.

Alrasian engineering guild didn't actually work on blimps. They just bothered Shiftnative with it as he seemed to have a massive hate-on for anything 'steampunk' related. We did create Cannons though, and kept them in our sole possession for a little more than a year.

And when they left my grasp I cried real tears and realized that for the health of the server and technology we absolutely cannot go the route of real life in the slightest because metagaming is real.

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been Denied.

There are multiple reasons for denial of this lore. One of the first reasons is how a golem is created. The runes on the body and core have never been fully understood. The golem makers know they have to place the correct runes on the correct spots and do them right then something happens and the golem can move. The fact that the steam golem doesn't do that means that the golem would not be able to move.

The advancement of the technology in LOTC doesn't follow the IRL equivalent but there is a limit on how much something can evolve in terms of techonology. You have not only adapted a machine which does not work outside of a place without constant supply of water (the sea), but also added independent movements (it's not just a propeler moving, it's arms, head, legs, hands, mouth, torso, etc), automation (controling of the different independent movements), the implementation of magical valves and bendable tubes, the removal of explosion risk (which was huge in steam boats), and the ability to move a lot of weight of steel.

It flows out of the setting of the server. The fantasy setting of the server does accept a little steam punk, but a robot movable by steam is a bit too out of it. Accepting this also would enable the creation of many other things which would make steam punk stuff just almost auto accept. I mean, how can we accept a steam robot and deny steam lifts, trains, mining machines, and so on?

And in the end, an iron steam golem is just a golem in the end. The differences between them are simply an overpowered golem (it has a protected core inside an armor of an inch of steel) with no differences besides the material used in it's building and the fact that it moves with steam instead of with magic.

This Lore has been denied.

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.