[✗] [Magic Idea/lore] Sonomancy (Acoustic Magic)

There is actually already bardic magic. Let me go get a link and edit it into this. But, still, good idea. Bardmancy seems a bit specific, maybe this can be more 'sound evocation' or whatever, you know?

edit - https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/113209-bardmancy-guide/

From what I'm reading, these seem to be different. His seems to be more along the line of bardic music and it's affect on people, where as this is the literal affect on sound, not necessarily music. I may be wrong though. Maybe I should just take the bard out of the name.

Edit: I took bard out of the name, hopefully this clarifies. I'm sorry about that.

Illusion.

Illusion works if it's logical and believable, if it isn't.. how does it work at all? 

Illusion and Sonomancy don't equate one another. What Piercing noted is important. This is a physical force, like that of the elements, not an alteration of perception. An illusionist can't do the effect of Alert, nor can they channel sound. They can message someone or make them think that they are hearing something, but it is all but real. This is real sound or the lack of.

What is the source of this magic?

So it's basically just controlling sound frequencies with magic using the void.

I like this idea!

As there is no regulatory body for magic I am never in favour of magic types that are a bit fringe like this. People are already well prepared to make complaint that magic is too complicated and has too many forms. In my mind something has to be unique while fitting in to canon, accessible to many, and be obvious once someone points it out (as in filling a hole that was not previously known to be there).

So it's basically just controlling sound frequencies with magic using the void.

I like this idea!

Essentially yes and thank you.

As there is no regulatory body for magic I am never in favour of magic types that are a bit fringe like this. People are already well prepared to make complaint that magic is too complicated and has too many forms. In my mind something has to be unique while fitting in to canon, accessible to many, and be obvious once someone points it out (as in filling a hole that was not previously known to be there).

I do understand, but I did believe that that was the case. I actually considered the idea after looking at the most common magic types, specifically what was being affected and how. I looked at the common evocation based magic types and broke down two principles of them; pressure and movement. Sound, at it's core, is made up of pressure and displacement/movement. From what I read an evoker's powers followed the same principles as well. The case of water stuck out to me in particular. They can create, move, and control the pressure of it.

This is a quote from the Guide for Magic Canon:

The element summoned by an Evocationist, in this case water, is under the control of that Mage. It can be grown, shrunk, compacted, reshaped and moved through space by thought.

I tried to make it follow the principles that I read in the current magic lore. Accessibility is the same as others presumably. However accessibility to understand and study sound is much more common than even the elements possibly. Sound is all around beings of the realm, in variations as well. As far as it being the unnoticed hole, I assumed that was the case. As I posted above, it is essentially two principles present in all evocation types. The difference being the intended result. In this case the user isn't trying to move something so much as change it's pressure and resulting displacement. This was some of my thinking behind the idea.

* Looks at the title, not bothering to read any of the acutall post "We already have a acoustic magic, it is called Bardmancy. I admit it is known by few but still, we already have one. I would simply like to point that out."