[Complete Rework] The Pick And Hammer Guild Of Owynswood

Lojo613

The Pick & Hammer Guild of Owynswood

Forging a better future!

What are we?

The Pick & Hammer Guild of Owynswood is a trading organization bent on providing better opportunities and a stable workplace for Smiths, miners, and any merchants working in the industry of refining metals and gemstones!

How does this work?

The Pick & Hammer Guild has a list of benefits and responsibilities listed below,

and all of these must be followed, and these are always subject to a change by popular vote! A ranking system for individual branches allows for individuals who have shown outstanding loyalty, trust, skill and innovation to be promoted and gain benefits worthy of their dedication.

The List of Responsibilities and Benefits

Responsibilities of a Smith

The responsibilities of a smith are as listed:

To participate in the guilds activities and remain at least reasonably active within the guild community

To sell your crafted goods excess of registered amounts to registered merchants of the guild for sale to non-guild members

Benefits of a Smith

The benefits of a smith are as listed

Smiths receive a non-competitive and stable workplace to pursue their craft

Smiths may buy Iron from the guild at 4 mina apiece

​New smiths may receive training and apprenticeship under older or higher ranking guild members

Smiths may bring up issues in their work environment to guild attention, allowing for these to be addressed as the guild progresses (For example, if the price of leather is too high, we can have a meeting to hire cow breeders and leather workers for the guilds convenience)

Responsibilities of a Miner

Miners must sell goods to the guild, at negotiable prices.

Must participate in the guild's activities and be at least reasonable active in the guild community

Benefits of a Miner

Miners may keep any ores they dig up for themselves, but, if they wish to sell them for more mina, may sell directly to the guild. Miners may vote on issues to improve their workplace. Miners will be provided with established mining locations, first hand information on the prices of the goods mined, and training on how to better mine and locate ores Miners may also take up apprenticeship under more advanced miners, and be scheduled to go on join mining operations.

Requirements of a Merchant

Must be able to set up a shop ((Be VIP)) or show documented proof of sales if they cannot. ((Screen Shots))

Responsibilities of a Merchant

To sell and buy goods from miners or smiths at a reasonable price

To adjust prices, if in an iron recession, or to adjust prices if selling price of items is too high compared to buying price

To maintain shops and restock goods

Benefits of a Merchant

Stability and assurance that your goods will be sold, rather than be outsold by smiths who can create and sell weapons independently for cheaper

Direct suppliers

The ranks of the Guild

Miner Ranks

Strip Miner: The strip miner is the starting and basic form of miner. While everyone starts out as a strip miner, one does not have to stay in this position if their mining level is at least Apprentice. To be promoted for strip miner, one must actively participate in the guild for at least a week. Strip miners receive all the rewards and benefits listed in the initial Responsibilities and Benefits, but no extra.

Iron Hunter: The Iron Hunter is the second mining rank, and is rewarded to Apprentice miner or higher who has lasted a week in the guild. The Iron Hunter is given the ability to attend Guild meetings, although, may not have a say in the going on's or actions of the guild. An Iron Hunter may enter the dark mines. An Iron Hunter will receive free pickaxes and weapons for the dark mines. An Iron Hunter may apply to join a mining expedition, should he be experience enough, and go on mining expeditions with Deep Miners. For an Iron hunter to advance, he must gather 768 guild points. Guild points are earned by selling iron to the guild at 2 points apiece, or donating it for 4 points apiece, which makes a massive difference.

Deep Miner: The Deep miner is the third mining rank, and is rewarded to a proficient miner or higher that has earned 768 guild points. The Deep Miner has a say in the meetings and can vote on things such as councilmen, public voting bills, and even present their ideas before the council and public. The deep miner may apply to lead expeditions into the mines (an expedition is a singular person or a group of people entering the mines to set up an entirely new mine-shaft leading into fresh land), eligible to apply for food and workstations for these expeditions, as well as Iron Hunters to be sent into the mines with them. To get any higher in the guild, you have to be voted in by a group of peers, or selected by either the Founder or Adviser

Mining Council: The mining council is the selection of leaders (The number of councilmen varies on number of miners) voted into office by their peers, or selected by the Adviser or Founder. The council will lead and conduct meeting, as well as have the final say (unless the Adviser or Founder is present) in a disputed bill. Councilmen will also meet with the Adviser and Founder to determine if the current bills in effect are helpful or damaging to the overall economy of the guild. The Councilmen are also in charge of attempting to recruit miners, keep miners informed, and determine which expeditions to grant and what workstations, tools, and Iron Hunters will be allotted to the Deep Miners.

Smith's Ranks, Merchant Ranks, and High Councilmen Ranks coming soon!

Want to apply?

The format of your application should be as follows:

Name

MC Username

Current skill in your profession

What you want to be registered as in the guild (Miner, smith, or merchant, or if more than one please specify)

VIP?

Skype Name?(If you do not have Skype this is not mandatory but is recommended)

What region(s) or guild(s) are you currently apart of?

Golden Fortune from The Pick and Hammer Guild

Name John Dystov
((In game name))
Current skill in your profession Blacksmith
What you want to be registered as in the guild (Miner, smith, or merchant) Smith
((Are you VIP if you are applying for merchant, or do you have the ability to travel and make sales, specify)) No I'm not.
What region, guild, or house are you currently working for or are apart of? Dystov
Are you willing to make weapons for the Dystovs? I.. Already am

Name John Dystov
((In game name))
What you want to be registered as in the guild (Miner, smith, or merchant) Smith
((Are you VIP if you are applying for merchant, or do you have the ability to travel and make sales, specify)) No I'm not.
What region, guild, or house are you currently working for or are apart of? Dystov
Are you willing to make weapons for the Dystovs? I.. Already am

*A man in a black cloak pulls you aside from your daily tasks, he says "Ello....I am Elijah Alister, and ye have been accepted to ta Pick and hammer guild" He then hands you a note before walking off*

*the note reads "Greetings, you have been accepted to the Pick & Hammer guild of Owynswood as a smith, report to Dargrind Floreck or any other guild head for a brief of local rules and regulations, Golden Fortune -Pick & Hammer Guild"

Name Amias Gandharva
((In game name))
((Are you VIP if you are applying for merchant, or do you have the ability to travel and make sales, specify)) No, I'm not
What region, guild, or house are you currently working for or are apart of? Dystov and Salvus
Are you willing to make weapons for the Dystovs? Yes

Name Amias Gandharva
((In game name))
((Are you VIP if you are applying for merchant, or do you have the ability to travel and make sales, specify)) No, I'm not
What region, guild, or house are you currently working for or are apart of? Dystov and Salvus
Are you willing to make weapons for the Dystovs? Yes

*a crow flies up to your window at night and takes the small application letter away, days later, it comes back around the same time at night, dropping off a letter that reads "Greetings, you have been accepted to the Pick & Hammer guild of Owynswood as a smith, report to Dargrind Floreck or any other guild head for a brief of local rules and regulations, Golden Fortune -Pick & Hammer Guild"

ame
((In game name)) Jean
Current skill in your profession Veteran
((Are you VIP if you are applying for merchant, or do you have the ability to travel and make sales, specify)) Yes
What region, guild, or house are you currently working for or are apart of? Owynswood
Are you willing to make weapons for the Dystovs? Yeah

ame

((In game name)) Jean

Current skill in your profession Veteran

((Are you VIP if you are applying for merchant, or do you have the ability to travel and make sales, specify)) Yes

What region, guild, or house are you currently working for or are apart of? Owynswood

Are you willing to make weapons for the Dystovs? Yeah

*you notice a note tied to one of your horses, a black one in particular, it reads "Greetings good sir, you have been accepted to the pick and hammer guild! Due to your current skill in smithing you have greatly impressed the guild. We would wish to honor you as a veteran member, and such, will be adequately rewarded as so in the guild. Report to Dargrind Floreck or a local guild leader for a brief on rules and regulations. Golden Fortune, the Pick and Hammer Guild!"

Name: Tylos

((username)) james2k

Current skill in your profession: Clumsy leatherworker

What you want to be registered as in the guild (Miner, smith, or merchant): Merchant

((Are you VIP if you are applying for merchant, or do you have the ability to travel and make sales, specify)): Yeah VIP.

What region, guild, or house are you currently working for or are apart of?: I'm in the Vojak or whatever it's called.

Are you willing to make weapons for the Dystovs?: What?

Name sean_desed (Alexandre Cossete)

Current skill in your profession Blacksmith/leatherworker

((Are you VIP if you are applying for merchant, or do you have the ability to travel and make sales, specify)) I travel the map quite a bit, however I'm not good with the names of certain areas.

What region, guild, or house are you currently working for or are apart of? I work for the Roost Family and I live in Leuvaarden.

Are you willing to make weapons for the Dystovs? Sure

Name: Tylos

((username)) james2k

Current skill in your profession: Clumsy leatherworker

What you want to be registered as in the guild (Miner, smith, or merchant): Merchant

((Are you VIP if you are applying for merchant, or do you have the ability to travel and make sales, specify)): Yeah VIP.

What region, guild, or house are you currently working for or are apart of?: I'm in the Vojak or whatever it's called.

Are you willing to make weapons for the Dystovs?: What?

*When you wake up and go outside, you find that a note is pinned to your door with a dagger, the note reads "Welcome to the Pick and Hammer Guild of Owynswood. You are now an honorary merchant and will be briefed on this special and important position by Dargrind Floreck. Please report to him as soon as possible for this breifing!"

Name Alarica Diari
((EmoGuyGothic))
Current skill in your profession: ~~~~~
What you want to be registered as in the guild (Miner, smith, or merchant) Merchant.
((Are you VIP if you are applying for merchant, or do you have the ability to travel and make sales, specify)) Yes I do Have VIP.
What region, guild, or house are you currently working for or are apart of? My Own Region.
Are you willing to make weapons for the Dystovs? I'm a low level smith, but sure! ^-^