The Branches Will Break, Pt 1

Shar'ku/jenspelao

Since we've descended into he-said-she-said I'll just simply state that if a tribute agreement had been RP'ed out with the orcs it is almost 100% certain that either I or Aelu would have heard about it, which neither of us did.

If you have the screenshots/video to prove me wrong then I'll concede.

Grr, wood elves, grr.

But, yea, my Laureh'lin peeps. Can we perhaps try to lead by example and get the ball rolling with a solid reaction to this threat? Phaedrus has warned some of you in RP that this aggression was going to occur based on the disdain he gathered among the Orcs during his time in the trog. You've avoided conflict in the past due to diplomatic RP, and you did an awesome job.

Jenspelao from what I've observed is a pretty cool and reasonable dude, making a point to avoid harassing players that are obviously new, from the directions I've heard him give in TS to others.

We can have a solid skirmish and then RP the aftermath and reactions, go from there. For now though we just need to hop this initial fence and get past this inertia.

C'mon, it's Laureh'lin. Don't drag its name through the mud.

My attitude on the last warclaim in case anyone thinks my current position is biased.

5d1663cd293e6acbc31eb66ed3ae3ee3.png

1124dea985ebcdca071906bbae5b7ff6.png

Let me point some things out here, and I'll try to be clean on the OOC and just address RP as clearly as I possibly can.

1. We thought we had a tribute system set up with the wood elves. When Orcs set up a tribute system they're strict on it, this is not the first time in Orcish history Orcs have warclaimed/killed others for not paying their tribute.

2. Killing an Orcish representative who is posing a peaceful appearance is a dishonor, and a direct threat to the Orcish way of life.

3. Orcs are built around conflict, they will not hesitate to retaliate if something goes wrong in their eye.

TL;DR, you poke the bear in the slightest it'll attempt to eat you. 

If you're claiming that in the many times Orcs have visited Cerulin either on raids or tribute collection, that your people have refused to give tribute each time, then we still end up at the same point of "you refused tribute, and here we are".

And I didn't take screenshots because I honestly didn't expect the Wood Elves to stop providing tribute, or that we would be in this situation where the Orcs are being asked to provide OOC evidence in order to be able to go to war.

Okay, few things here. 

1. A caution to some of the woodelves. The attitude you took with Raelplayer as a member of staff just trying to moderate a situation was rather poor. It's not doing you any favors and I don't want to see this again. 

2. Failure to heed "tribute" is a very poor reason for war. I understand you are Orcs and all, but that doesn't mean you are in any way above a server rule more then anyone else. The matter of officials being killed however seems perfectly reasonable. If there is any issue with said reason, they can be PM'd to me and I will investigate the matter.

3. I'm locking this thread. Quit with the OOC, contact each other on skype or through PM's and have the final resolution brought to a GM so this thread can be updated.

4. This thread will be cleared of all posts but the OP to keep it clean for the war. You have an hour to save whatever argument you had on here if you really need it.