The Branches Will Break, Pt 1

Shar'ku/jenspelao

That seems completely counterfactual (hue) to everything tdfootball has said and has acted on so we'll believe it when we hear it from him. Seems like that's something he would've told at least Aelu about no?

How is walking into a city demanding goods not a raid? You're literally grasping for a reason to Warclaim us (Read the links I posted where you admit exactly that).

I believe, as seen with the High Elf/Wood Elf conflict, that things are being taken into OOC. I want that to stop.

Let's take some things into mind here, shall we?

Orcs are creatures who thrive in and heartily seek out warfare. While you may call their slave-raiding of your city baiting, or the presence of a slavemaster similar, I would attribute that to the fact baiting, in character, is in their culture. Orcs seek combat, and are not adverse to goading others into it.

Although you might argue they do not have proper casus belli for this skirmish, I think it is not only logical in RP but plausible for such a response to occur, even stemming from the smallest of actions done against them such as a few orcs being killed.

I believe, as seen with the High Elf/Wood Elf conflict, that things are being taken into OOC. I want that to stop.

Let's take some things into mind here, shall we?

Orcs are creatures who thrive in and heartily seek out warfare. While you may call their slave-raiding of your city baiting, or the presence of a slavemaster similar, I would attribute that to the fact baiting, in character, is in their culture. Orcs seek combat, and are not adverse to goading others into it.

Although you might argue they do not have proper casus belli for this skirmish, I think it is not only logical in RP but plausible for such a response to occur, even stemming from the smallest of actions done against them such as a few orcs being killed.

I'd simply disagree. Killing raiders is definitely not a valid reason. Especially when there is proof that the attacking group is literally just looking for a new war.

Let's keep this between the wood elves and the orcs and not involve random third party input from someone who has a long and obvious dislike of this playerbase's leadership

If it's in their culture to raid then they can by all means keep raiding, but by war rules standards it's not a valid reason to make a warclaim, simple as.

Let's keep this between the wood elves and the orcs and not involve random third party input from someone who has a long and obvious dislike of this playerbase's leadership

If it's in their culture to raid then they can by all means keep raiding, but by war rules standards it's not a valid reason to make a warclaim, simple as.

Worded it better than I did.

We have been raiding, like you have pointed out. However, we stopped when we started to collect tribute. Then one time you refuse to give us tribute, and your alleged leadership threatens and insults our leadership, and attempts to kill us. Tribute collection is not raiding.

Let's keep the passive aggressive comments down. I am a Global Moderator, and I saw a thread that needed moderation. I will repeat, I want the injection of OOC gone from this thread. Let's all keep our heads in-character and try to reach agreeable terms based on such.

We have been raiding, like you have pointed out. However, we stopped when we started to collect tribute. Then one time you refuse to give us tribute, and your alleged leadership threatens and insults our leadership, and attempts to kill us. Tribute collection is not raiding.

It's the use of force to collect materials. That's essentially the definition of raiding.

It's the threat of force to collect them, and your leadership had agreed to it at the time. Basically it's "give us tribute, or we attack you". Hence this warclaim.

Let's keep the passive aggressive comments down. I am a Global Moderator, and I saw a thread that needed moderation.

I'm sorry but no one on this side of the conflict respects your ability to be un-biased in your ability to moderate us based on your past horrendous attitude. Please don't insult mine or Nathan's intelligence by denying how you've acted towards me in the last 4-5 months Raelplayer.

It's not passive aggressive, it's plainly stating how it is. Let's have a more neutral GM step in to handle this affair. Anyone other than Supremacy and Raelplayer. Preferably not one who plays a high elf either though we won't be as adamant about that since Raptor and others can be reasonable.

I'm sorry but no one on this side of the conflict respects your ability to be un-biased in your ability to moderate us based on your past horrendous attitude. Please don't insult mine or Nathan's intelligence by denying how you've acted towards me in the last 4-5 months Raelplayer.

It's not passive aggressive, it's plainly stating how it is. Let's have a more neutral GM step in to handle this affair. Anyone other than Supremacy and Raelplayer. Preferably not one who plays a high elf either though we won't be as adamant about that since Raptor and others can be reasonable.

I'm not handling this warclaim, as I understand one side dislikes me to the point where they feel my judgement is inadequate. However, as I will repeat for a third time, I am a Global Moderator and I am attempting to enforce a clean situation on this thread. If you are adverse to such, it can be handled accordingly.

It's the threat of force to collect them, and your leadership had agreed to it at the time. Basically it's "give us tribute, or we attack you". Hence this warclaim.

As the leadership, there was never any official agreement. Any other actions were those of an individual. Truth be told this is the first time I'm even hearing of such.

Let's keep the passive aggressive comments down. I am a Global Moderator, and I saw a thread that needed moderation. I will repeat, I want the injection of OOC gone from this thread. Let's all keep our heads in-character and try to reach agreeable terms based on such.

We're trying to work out an issue with a war rule. While I'd like to word it a bit differently, given the amount of ooc drama we've had in the past, Rael, I do agree with Leo that it's probably prudent that a GM who doesn't have long-standing conflicts with Wood Elf players oversee this.

As the leadership, there was never any official agreement. Any other actions were those of an individual. Truth be told this is the first time I'm even hearing of such.

A person claimed to be your leadership, and set up that tribute. 

So far the reasons of this warclaim boil down to

1) The killing of two orcs which no other orcs were there to witness

2) Refusal to live up to a tribute agreement which none of us remember RPing out

http://gyazo.com/15de0e6dca7c6db3cdd1a8b4a1b62b5f

Oh and a blatant confession you picked us out for war OOCly

So far the reasons of this warclaim boil down to

1) The killing of two orcs which no other orcs were there to witness

2) Refusal to live up to a tribute agreement which none of us remember RPing out

What are you talking about, I remember you being present when we've come for tribute multiple times. I also remember that in most of those cases, you inexplicably appear to disappear.