[Parasite]The Conjurer's Bane

cman64

((This is mainly for those who may want to kill off a character or wish to give them a motive to find "immortality'. Yosi will contract the disease as the first subject once he begins using the magic more often, the written lore (by him IC) is to give the lore more structure))

*A new book lies within the mage’s library, a copy sitting on their desks after being delivered by a red hawk*

The Conjurer’s Bane

My name is Yosi Te’vel, the first of very few who have contracted the Voidal parasite. The parasite itself is very rare to ever leave the void, but will have unnerving effects to those it comes into contact with.

Over the time I have spent learning this magic, i have concluded that there is more within the void than we can see. What little I have studied with these parasites, is that there are various species living in oblivion, all only sums of mana and elements that have yet to manifest themselves. This has lead to their powers and effects upon the conjurer’s mind, body, and soul.

Contracting the Parasite:

The Conjurer’s bane begins as a cluster of mana and elements, microscopic in scale. They can only fully manifest themselves once their matter is drawn by the conjurer. This, however, will usually kill the parasite with the mass amount of energy created in the conjuring process, causing for such events in its forthcoming to become a rarity.

It is unknown how often this may occur, but i have concluded that the conjuration process is the only way to kill off the creatures, and has caused them to become few in number. However, their presence is still there.

The Parasite, it is does survive the conjuration process and is drawn into our plane of existence, the creature you summon will glow a sickly yellow upon its entrance into our world. this will die out, and turn into a blueish hue that reaches towards the conjurer. Once this has been done, the lights disperse, and the Conjurer feels no change….Yet.

Parasite’s Influence:    

After Contacting the Parasite, its uncontrolled and chaotic form has no definite structure. The creature is more so an aura surrounding your own. The creature’s sickly yellow aura will show in your eyes, rimming your pupils. this is the first sign that you have the parasite.(1-2 days)

The second sign of the parasite is a growing weakness in the mind and consciousness. You will often times feel nauseated, unbalanced, and weak. with this, your magic will deteriorate slowly, since the creature feeds on your mana within your body. (3-4 weeks)

The Third sign of the parasite is your mental aging. The mana in your body decreases more and more, bringing your mind to believe that this decrease is due to age, or a slower flow of the mana. With this change, your body will age rapidly, causing the loss of hair and teeth.(2-3 months)

What comes After:

I am still alive, but i fear not for long. i have reached the third sign of the parasite, and conclude that I will die soon. that is the final sign of the Parasite, death, as it drains the body of all mana and ultimately, lifesource.

The parasite may die from starvation, or may return to the void upon my own death. I do not know as far as my own research has gone, but in my death I hope that this creature will never see our world and learn to reproduce at uncontrollable rates.

For now, this ends my research,

The Conjurer’s Bane.

Rundown of lore:      

This creature has only been documented to affect conjurers when they summon creatures specifically. It is unknown if it can be summoned through other magics from the void, and Yosi is the only documented case. that means there may or may not have been other cases of the parasite.

This is little known of this parasite since it is a creature of the void. Also, it does not affect the conjurations, but the conjurer him/herself. Thier capability to summon is weakened greatly from mana loss.

(Lore)

pros:

-Great RP for magic users/ conjurers

-something to fear when using magic

-events to try and cure said conjurer

-events to research said parasite

cons:

-may not be used as often due to rarity

-may cause for arguments during rp fights with magic

(parasite)

Strengths:

-no definite form

-feeds on mana

-no known cure

Weaknesses:

-Dies easily in conjuration process

-can starve if mana supply is gone

-is a short-lived parasite after victim dies

((This parasite is to add a more intricate background for Yosi, who will eventually give his teachings to an arcimali that will serve as his legacy. That is why this parasite is so rare, so it can happen to others, but for now to only one victim))

I'm afraid to say that this lore has been  [Denied] .

There are a couple of reasons behind this decision and I'll try to name a few.

For starters; the very concept itself only brings confusion to the table. How does this being exist within the void consciously? How does it come forward? How can it exist in only a form of mana and elements, how does that interaction occur? How does it cause physical issues such as yellowed eyes despite a lacking physical presence? Why only conjuration, evocation also brings forth stuff from the void? 

These are just a few of the questions I can point out by reading over what you've presented, although it's a nice base idea I feel it hasn't been properly developed with the already existent magic based lord. I highly recommend considering a correct means of interaction between the two.

Thanks for submitting and good luck for the next attempt!