The Beginning Of The End

Only nation leaders comment on this post, any other posts will be removed. Want a place to cheer and shout, make a post in the roleplay section.

To be stated since this is a capital city;

1. TNT, unless the defending party agrees to it's unmoderated usage, is disallowed except by in small amount by overseeing GMs.

2. As you are attempting to siege the underground city of the Dwarves there is something to keep in mind that it is going to naturally be difficult to siege. What this actually means is up for debate, but I believe it's safe to assume underground fortifications will be heavily prevalent and this is the one case where it's not only acceptable but expected.

Postponing this till next saturday, so we have ample time to prepare and discuss our next move, not mentioning the fact that 4th of April is easter day, which makes it a rather inconvenient date for a major battle.

EDIT: On a side note, DDoS is not going to speed up the process, so please stop, whoever is responsible:)

Alrighty, so this has been an awkward set of advances that I have come back to. This warclaim has been moved out of denied with a few circumstances concerning the supposed "war debt" and what have you.

-The attackers must pay what they owe as well as the defenders. Attackers/Defenders will not be paying for the weeks it has been pushed back and will only pay for the upcoming battles. As for the previous debt, due to miscommunications on my side, the Attackers war debt has been cut.

-The battle must be pushed back another week and will require discussion from leaders on both sides.

This thread will remain unlocked until both sides have agreed to the new date.

Sorry about the troubles everyone and have a good rest of your day.

Well, this has been quite a confusing process, with little to no communication between the two nations, even less from the staff and their reasoning as to first denying the warclaim in question, only to see it revived out of the blue a week later. I'm hoping such can be avoided in the future.

Regardless, the Dwarves have reached a conclusion and will accept the warclaim as a pillage, presenting the following terms for the battle:

- No TNT

- No climbing the snowy mountains (makes no sense in RP, and we'd rather not have to landscar said area in order to prevent this)

- Items in the region can be moved

- If Urguan & Allies are successful in defending Kazradin, said region cannot be warclaimed again for 2 months

As for time, this weekend Sunday the 19th. Questions, concerns, let me know. 

Well, this has been quite a confusing process, with little to no communication between the two nations, even less from the staff and their reasoning as to first denying the warclaim in question, only to see it revived out of the blue a week later. I'm hoping such can be avoided in the future.

Regardless, the Dwarves have reached a conclusion and will accept the warclaim as a pillage, presenting the following terms for the battle:

As for time, this weekend Sunday the 19th. Questions, concerns, let me know. 

While it is disappointing to see the Gall and destructive attitude of denying a conquest in place of a pillage, we are happy to have the warclaim on Sunday, April 19th, at 3PM EST (As per discussed in skype)

No TnT - This request is denied. TnT is not disallowed by any war rules, (and, rather, actually allowed with GM coverage) and it is not within the rights of the defender to deny it. TnT will be enabled if used by attackers, as per the standard. 

No Climbing up the mountain - This request is denied. It is not within the defenders right to make such a claim as "not climbing up a mountain." Along side of this, The use of "RP sensibility" to prevent such is crippled by the fact that not only can human beings climb, but RP sensibility would also call into question most if not all of dwarvish architecture and will almost certainly call into question many defenses that will presumably be built before the warclaim. 

Items can be moved - Accepted, as it's impossible to enforce and it typically has already happened by this point when most warclaims are posted 

2 months no warclaim - Accepted

The Above request you made have been denied by us, which is well are within our rights to do so, as none of them are guaranteed to you by any present war rules, and this warclaim is trivial enough with conditions such as pillage only and the delays so far. We look forward to the warclaim, and hope everyone has a good time! 

"To be stated since this is a capital city;

1. TNT, unless the defending party agrees to it's unmoderated usage, is disallowed except by in small amount by overseeing GMs."

No TnT - This request is denied. TnT is not disallowed by any war rules, (and, rather, actually allowed with GM coverage) and it is not within the rights of the defender to deny it. TnT will be enabled if used by attackers, as per the standard. 

I believe this is already a thing regardless, considering 501's response.

No Climbing up the mountain - This request is denied. It is not within the defenders right to make such a claim as "not climbing up a mountain." Along side of this, The use of "RP sensibility" to prevent such is crippled by the fact that not only can human beings climb, but RP sensibility would also call into question most if not all of dwarvish architecture and will almost certainly call into question many defenses that will presumably be built before the warclaim. 

Allow me to re-iterate, if not clarify what we request, as I believe I worded said term poorly: laddering up said mountain is something we will argue is not sound in RP, considering the mountains in question (tall, snowy peaks behind the capital etc), cannot be climbed by iron-cladded legions with a few rickety, wooden ladders (of which would have to be ridiculously large, and clunky to transport up a massive mountain ridge anyway). Climbing up without the usage of ladders however, is of course acceptable.As for small hills and walls, where using ladders would RPly be a sound solution in overcoming said obstacle is okay as well. 

I, for obvious reasons, will not be moderating this WC. However, to reiterate the TNT part

TNT usage can be denied by defenders on capital citys regardless. You may still have limited, GM moderated usage to act as rams and other seige equipment

The rule against TNT on capitals is simple; We don't want for capitals to be torn up and destroyed as it's the pinnacle of player hard work and effort. In an ideal situation we continue forward and instead of allowing for un-regenerating TNT which will vastly destroy the dwarven city we will handle it in bit by bit we use it in moderation so it does regenerate over time and leave little scarring.

I said it; The rules here might not favor Oren. This is an underground city, the ground is frost encrusted and hardened to most forms of assault. The fact you are attacking this location with knowledge of how well dug in the dwarves are means you are ICly taking a risk. Due to this logic TNT, as it has been denied by the defending party, will not be allowed. You have siege equipment among other things; if that proves not to be enough then I'm afraid I would consider you out of luck rather than an error on our part.

Wars can't always be won but no one is stopping you from trying.

The rule against TNT on capitals is simple; We don't want for capitals to be torn up and destroyed as it's the pinnacle of player hard work and effort. In an ideal situation we continue forward and instead of allowing for un-regenerating TNT which will vastly destroy the dwarven city we will handle it in bit by bit we use it in moderation so it does regenerate over time and leave little scarring.

I said it; The rules here might not favor Oren. This is an underground city, the ground is frost encrusted and hardened to most forms of assault. The fact you are attacking this location with knowledge of how well dug in the dwarves are means you are ICly taking a risk. Due to this logic TNT, as it has been denied by the defending party, will not be allowed. You have siege equipment among other things; if that proves not to be enough then I'm afraid I would consider you out of luck rather than an error on our part.

Wars can't always be won but no one is stopping you from trying.

1. How do you sleep at night passing off this bastardization of policy, rules, and GM responsibility as official, without formal community announcement, nor even an addition to the war rules?  

We don't want for capitals to be torn up and destroyed as it's the pinnacle of player hard work and effort.

2. How do you sleep at night passing off a city that was built in creative mode by a development team before 4.0 was released as player made, let alone an underground bunker as "the pinnacle" of anything?
 3. How do you keep the moon-sized balls in your shorts needed to claim you don't want capitals torn up when the defenders go out of their way to agree to a pillage, rather than a conquest, in which it would be kept intact? 

Hiding OOC entitlements and butthurt behind bogus "RP" reasoning (br, it's cold!) is almost as bad as voting liberal. 

Only nation leaders comment on this post, any other posts will be removed. Want a place to cheer and shout, make a post in the roleplay section.