[Final] The Polum

onm224

~*< THE POLUM >*~

The Polum or the red death is a zoonotic disease caused by a virus. The most commonly infected are farmers, who because of being in a direct contact with animals are more prone to the disease.

Lwc3bET.jpg

The Polum has never been a big thing because a lot of people are immune to it or it lies dormant inside the individual. However, if a high number of people are infected it can create a big problem, yet the virus is highly infectious and can kill cattle, infect rats which die in hay supplies, rivers, wells... and as a consequence of that: periods of hunger and thirst.

Cure: dandelion tea (cures 2% of infected)

Symptoms

- Red eyes

9EaTKCR.jpg

- Coughing blood

dvyszhn.jpg

- Rashes

mc6uBsY.jpg

History

The first case was detected in a halfling village, infecting a large part of the population. The infected were expelled of the city and so, forced to leave the civilization. Infected camps were constantly attacked and burned down by armies because of the fear that people had of getting infected.

A8AHKDX.jpg

Those settlements were marked with red "X"s so that travelers would avoid the area. The infected from cities covered their faces with masks and traveled to those settlements through the forest so they weren't killed by the frightened crowds. Those paths were also marked with "X"s.

Nowadays not many people know of the existence of the disease, but there are still a few people with it and much more who are immune and may be unknowingly spreading it.

OOC Reason

Simple

It is a disease that won't bring problems.

1. Noone will get angry because the choice of being infected is only the Player.

Can bring a lot of RP.

1. Players could build small settlements

2. Nations could attack them

3. Pandemics: if players want to collaborate

There aren't a lot of this kind of disease

1. Most of them are deadly or caused by cannibalism or other origins which only affect a small number of characters

You can still have a proper RP when infected

"Dandelion tea (cures 2% of infected) "

If you get tired of it, there's no need of PK your char, just be part of this 2%

Edited by onm224

Excellenze. +1

Nooooo not my rat people...they're already dead... I like the idea of a new disease, it gets boring after all of the common af ones like the cold

+1

This lore has unfortunately been  [Denied]

Now I was actually in favor of this one however was only one of few, so I'll just try to relay others reasoning behind it's denial.

The reason behind such an opinion is the overall fear that it would go unused, perhaps being used by one or two players and after a couple weeks falling into the maelstrom of unused lore. Because of this such concepts are judged quite harshly and unless we see possible future use it concerns us about accepting it, however I do have some viable alternatives should you want it.

http://wiki.lordofthecraft.net/Khorvad%27s+Grip
http://wiki.lordofthecraft.net/Plague

We've already a few illnesses that exist, perhaps you could just go ahead and roleplay minor symptoms of these, only spreading to others with strict OOC permission? 

Thanks for submitting.