The Marked Men - School Of The Stag.

Achilles

The Marked Men

a5oSlE2.png

School of the Stag

OOC Purpose

The Purpose of the Marked, is event driven RP that focuses on Monster Hunting, the eradication of monstrosities and the study of all things considered abnormal or abominable as well as the encouragement of folklore driven RP.

Be Warned

We are a serious RP Guild that spends weeks to months training you as an initiate, we hope to give you an enjoyable RP experience. For quality assurance anybody that joins the Marked should know that any of our existing members will perma-kill their characters during events or by legitimate role play at the hands of a fellow Marked. In joining the Marked we expect the same from you, filling out an application means you agree with our ideals. TL;DR - If you die at the hands of another Marked, or in a Marked Event, you are to permanently kill your character.

Short Description

The Stag is the youngest Marked school, created in order to curb the steep climb in monster numbers after the disbandment of the Ouroboros. Its master, Coren Isil, leads them by example as a school created to bolster their numbers and spread the ideals of the Marked within the realm of Athera and to provide a place for lone Monster Hunters to learn new skills. Within the lush and untamed woods of Flotsam their school exists, taking in those who wish to become one with the Marked. The students of the Stag are represented by Stag medallions which can be acquired through the same trials taken by those from the Ouroboros and Hexicanum.

The Code

Steel for men, Aurum for monsters.

Never to marry.

Never to produce offspring.

Never to ascend beyond the status of a commoner.

To remain loyal to the code.

To remain neutral when possible.

To never fight in a war between men.

To not solve with swords what can be solved with words.

To protect the mundane and innocent.

To persevere to the end in any hunt begun.

To slay those who refuse payment.

To defend your life when it is threatened.

To take responsibility for personal actions.

To not choose between a lesser or greater evil.

Ranking of The Marked

Master

The Leader of the Marked. Has final say in all matters.

Coren Isil

(TheWildHunt)

Veteran

Tried and tested many times, the Marked's senior members are now recognized as Veterans.

Marked

The Fully trained and bulk force of the Marked, these men attend Hunts, gather required resources and function under the guidance / teachings of the Marked.

Initiates

These people are untrained, inexperienced and are considered absolutely useless in combat.

Typically very young, these are the recruits of the Marked. These people are given the general training of the marked and are expected to specialize within a particular branch of training, be it Medical, Magical or something else entirely.

_________

Honorary Titles

These titles command a certain amount of respect but do not give men any command above the standard rank. The titles are purely cosmetic and will be difficult to obtain.

Master of Arms

The Master at Arms creates the arms and armor used by the marked. He is responsible for assigning proper arms and armor to match the talents of each man within the organization.

Master of the Arcane

The Master of the Arcane knows a great deal about all things considered magical in nature. Furthermore, this figure is expected to be an experienced mage and possess significant knowledge on how to neutralize magical threats.

Lorekeeper

The Lorekeeper is in control of all matters involving the study of unknown plants, creatures and substances. They will be expected to maintain the private libraries. They will also be expected to have an in depth knowledge of all known creatures, herbs and folklore.

With Minor research into the Marked, a common location is mentioned across each rumor and kill, a small ruin in the Flotsam Woods. Should you pursue the minor bit of information that you've been given and approach the ruins, you'd spot a crude carving of a Stag’s head on the bark of a nearby tree. You will stand there before its decrepit gate, without really knowing why. Should you enter the ruin, 3 men, each wearing different mixtures of chain and leather armor and with a longsword across their laps would be seated on fallen rocks.

((For the RP Environment involved with the application or contract))

Application Format

MC Name:

IC Name:

Race:

Minor Backstory:

Contract Format

MC Name of Contract Writer:

IC Name of Contract Writer:

Creature of Hunt:

Requested Proof of Kill:

Payment upon Completion:

Viktor Carrion sends a bird to Coren Isil after hearing news of this new monster hunting group.

"Privej, friendo of Orenia! You am doing many holy workings of Godanistan by removing magus plagus! You am always having goodly good welcomes in Sunny Orenia! Ave!"

Viktor smiles the Sun's Smile.

Application Format

MC Name: Kitten_Mittons

IC NameGwyn

Race: Heartlander

Minor Backstory: **** off Coren, you know me well enough.

A note is left.

"Will your school accept Mali'aheral if they prove useful?"

Application Format

MC Name: cman64
IC Name:  Yosi Te'vel

Race: Human (No specific)

Minor Backstory: A young farmer who has kept to himself for most of his life, his ambitions are unknown to most. He has specialized his skills for more productive was of actions, using the strength of his work to drive his one sword. Being a conjurer, his understanding of creatures if ever increasing, as well as his books for research that he has taken upon himself to write. His mind is strictly his own, and his knowledge is ever growing for a mere commoner. 

Aeran nods slowly. "Wihuns coming back?" he mutters to himself.

Application Format

MC Name: colaone1

IC Name: Sammy Connor

Race: Human Southerner

Minor Backstory: Born a pauper in Petrus to a litter of several brothers and sisters, no father, barely fed, got in with the wrong crowd at a young age and began to rob and mug, drink and gamble what little minas he scrounged up, though his mentality changed when he observed many of his criminal companions being hung, cut down and shot, beggining to realise that this isn't the life where you live long and die in a soft bed, so he left the city of Petrus to become a nomad for a short while, taking jobs where he could, travelling from inn to inn, every now and then being welcomed by trusting citizens to stay for the night, now at a certain point in his life that he seems to want more than to just drift by, Sammy wants to live as good a life as he can.

Application Format

MC Name: cman64
IC Name:  Yosi Te'vel

Race: Human (No specific)

Minor Backstory: A young farmer who has kept to himself for most of his life, his ambitions are unknown to most. He has specialized his skills for more productive was of actions, using the strength of his work to drive his one sword. Being a conjurer, his understanding of creatures if ever increasing, as well as his books for research that he has taken upon himself to write. His mind is strictly his own, and his knowledge is ever growing for a mere commoner. 

Application Format

MC Name: colaone1

IC Name: Sammy Connor

Race: Human Southerner

Minor Backstory: Born a pauper in Petrus to a litter of several brothers and sisters, no father, barely fed, got in with the wrong crowd at a young age and began to rob and mug, drink and gamble what little minas he scrounged up, though his mentality changed when he observed many of his criminal companions being hung, cut down and shot, beggining to realise that this isn't the life where you live long and die in a soft bed, so he left the city of Petrus to become a nomad for a short while, taking jobs where he could, travelling from inn to inn, every now and then being welcomed by trusting citizens to stay for the night, now at a certain point in his life that he seems to want more than to just drift by, Sammy wants to live as good a life as he can.

Both applicants are sent a brief yet neatly written reply made out in black ink on a small roll of parchment.

"Under consideration, report to Kaer Caed and speak with Coren Isil to advance the process."

Pm me on the forums with a time and date and we'll have that RP.

As night begins to fall, the High Elf Iatrilemar finds himself strolling along a path, following the outskirts of a forest. His destination is near, but he has little familliarity with it, and as he arrives as the old fort, finding his way in becomes another matter entirely. He is left with little time to contemplate this however, as in the darkness of night, a figure perches in the branches above. The shrill cry, an order to depart the forest is the only warning the elf receives, before a blast of green light strikes the ground near him.

The confused elf is able to do little more than conjure a shield to protect himself, as blast after blast of green energy are thrown down at him. The commotion draws out the castle's current occupant, Adeon, and a traveling soldier, Drake, both of whom come to investigate, only to find themselves under attack as well. The shrill cry once again returns, demanding the men leave.

Howls are heard from the forest as the bombardment of spells stops, and a large pack of wolves emerges, forcing the men to retreat through the castle gates as Adeon raises them. They are followed by the wolves, who seem driven to attack even when the portcullis is lowered. The smaller of the wolves make it through, only to be cut down by the men. The slaughter of their own drives the pack on, and they begin viciously gnawing at the thick wooden gate. The men inside see no choice but to sally out, and many of the wolves are killed in the attempt. Those the survive quickly retreat into the forest, the witches' hold over them broken.

The next night:

Adeon, Drake and Iatrilemar remained at the fort that day, dressing their wounds, talking about the attack and resting. The ominous crash of thunder and rain pouring from dark clouds blocked out the light of the setting sun early, unleashing a long and dark night upon the forest. The forest hag had returned, and begun testing the defences. This time the attack would come from the river, as men began to rise out up its muddy banks. These men were soldiers slain in the recent wars, whose bodies had gone forgotten, left in the river to be infected by parasites.

The return of the shrill cries alerted the trio inside that their enemy had returned, but the thudding of fists against their backdoor had them all surprised. The door soon began to shudder and splinter, with flashes of green light to be seen around its edges. The men prepared themselves for an unknown enemy, which came pouring into the room once the hag had blasted open the door.

The elf unleashed a torrent of magical bolts of his own, and both men met the corpses with their swords, one wielding a blade of aurum while the other, steel. Although greatly outnumbered, they would find themselves in luck. The doorway chosen for the attack had proved too narrow, and the corpse-men could not effectively swarm their targets. The advantage their numbers offered dwindling as creature after creature was cut down or blasted apart. The soldier's steel proved far less effective than the hunter's aurum, though it was made up for by a merciless onslaught of blows.

Even as the remaining corpses tried to swarm the mage their attack proved a failure, lacking the numbers to overwhelm him, and the last of them were brutally dispatched. The hag once again retreated into her forest, no doubt plotting her next attack. For now though, it was over.

Later:

The forest would remain quiet for several days after this, until the castle’s occupants gathered together there. The hag had been waiting for this moment, when enough of her foes would be together to play her hand. Once again she announced her presence with shrill cries and shouted demands, until the men had assembled themselves. It was then that she unleashed her greatest minion, sending the forest’s resident troll into battle.

Stone crashed and crumbled as the troll barged through a decaying portion of the wall, holding an oversized wooden club in hand. The men opened fire, sending arrows, bolts and magic down at the beast. With each attack being retaliated by rocks and eventually the club being hurled up at the old battlements, the men feared the structure would collapse before the troll did. As Coren shouted his orders, the rest moved into position. Torian to the gate controls, Adeon to the ground, while Iatrilemar began preparing a spell.

Moments later a furious troll was chasing Adeon through the open gateway. Though the gate wasn’t released quickly enough to crush the troll, it did lock the beast out in the open, where Iatrilemar’s spell struck it with devastating effects. The troll was left dazed and vulnerable, until Adeon's sword pierced its thick neck and put it down.

It was only then that the furious hag showed herself, intent on finishing what her minions had failed. When the troll-slayer approached to negotiate, she blasted him aside with a bolt of green energy. Any plans for revenge quickly disappeared though, as Coren’s crossbow embedded a bolt in her flesh. The hag stumbled and bled, slowly retreating into the forest. Had she gotten away, she would have no-doubt returned with more minions, but Coren had followed close behind. Cut down before she could cast another spell, the witch’s dying words were unmistakably a threat. A green stone of magical power was found on her body, and thus ended the story of the witch of the forest.

Application Format

MC Name: xDK

IC Name: Sereg.

Race: Elf

Minor Backstory: I was a Wihun council member, who only served to slay impurity and magical beings. My previous guild has been forgotten in time, however with this new opportunity, I see a way to restore my former glory via this guild. 

Aeran nods slowly. "Wihuns coming back?" he mutters to himself.

((Speaking of the devil...))

Xyli_Snowy_Owl.jpg

An owl would fly to the School of the Stag, as it swoops over a small note would be left.

MC Name:

CryoJax

IC Name:

Arayon Limlugon

Race:

Elf

Minor Backstory:

I am an elf of knowledge, I seek to obtain this through many means. I was raised under heavy education, eventually being forced into a war. This war led to many dark things, the wars of the Fringe are a war of death. My father died in this war, shortly after my mother went missing. Through out time I have gained heavy expertise upon the arts of magic, and I seek to use this to aid the guild.

The note would be signed, in ornate handwriting with a strange aquatic hue to it.

Arayon Limlugon

OOC Reason for wanting to join: Getting involved in more events!

MC Name: Booklight12

IC Name: Ni'Klaus Verdian

Race: Human lltalian

Minor Backstory: Twas born in t'e time of t'e fringe, I lived a simple life, and found much fun in t'e sport of spearmanship, being taught by my uncle.. Simply put signores, I am but needing to make money for mine family, and t'ese is t'e only profession I both am good at and enjoy. Killing t'ings. I have never loved, nor do I wish to have kids. So I am willing to put my life on t'e line to work here. T'ese not much else to me I am quite a simple man.. T'ank you. 

An eagle flies by and drops a note on the floor.                                                                         

MC Name: funny981

IC Name: Rundon Tissruth

Race: Human

Minor Backstory: I was a farmer living outside of Kaedreni born to a poor family. I was trained in hand-to-hand combat by a mysterious note that my grandparents left for me. One night I was training, I was kidnapped. A man called the 'Unseen One' had me chained up to a wall. My grandparent bursted in the door and he put me in a chokehold threatening to kill me. They just nodded to me and I flipped him over my shoulder, knocking him out. When we escaped, I found that I was under my grandparents graveyard. They told me to leave but I stayed and trained even harder. One day I was doing my jobs on the farm on my horse named Roomva and armored men rode on horses to my farm. They said, "One of your family members must come to fight with Oren." and I replied with, "I'll go with you!" and I rode off.

MC Name:Soul_Ripper

IC Name: Fjólar Stigrssøn

Race: Human

Minor Backstory: A young man from the Northern canyon, he spends his time as a working blacksmith and trainer in the arts of fighting within Salvus. His father was attacked and kidnapped by some unkown person/thing at the age of 15. His mother died when he was 7. He hopes to put his fighting ability and steel craftsmanship to good use in some kind of brotherhood rather than some rich people in Salvus who take life fro granted.