The Ratlins V2 [Racial Lore]

Dragonslayerelf

((Notes:

1.a  Xx means that it will be referenced in a picture. a xmeans it will be put in a description

2. I am aware that there are a few too many races but this is for a time when there are more players and less player division, even when and if RP gets too crowded. This is meant to be a long lingering post, not for something that is to be confirmed as quickly as possible

3. These are basically Skaven. I have (very much) tweaked it but the very core and inspiration is that of the skaven. Now they arent as brutal, and are much))

THE RATLINS

The Ratlins are ratlike humanoids that are very primitive  that have no correlation with [current land], and have a "Hive Mindset" to the community, but no reason to be racist to any of it's inhabitants. They sailed from a land far away in kayaks, each clan and a leader in a different location, and dug their tunnels, caves and holes, having only 3 or 4 people per. They had forgotten the place from which they traveled as it had taken a few generations to get there, and not much information was passed between the clans that had arrived. The ones that had arrived were the Plagbrigas, the Niterunnes, and the Fagarras and the Ratlord1. Their precious supplies1 that were brought were either items or rotten food, but they were able to handle it as they were practically always sick and had dealt with it. They quickly learnt the language and adapted to it, translating what little they had into it. It was still very limited but it was close enough to be understood among the clans and foreigners. They were also all nocturnal and resorted to sleeping in the day and staying up in the night.

Plagbrigas Clan

The Plagbrigas clan members were always sick, and oftentimes were unable to do much physical work because of it. They were perfect test subjects for alchemy though, and often made potions to test on themselves, sometimes killing them, but sometimes making them immensely powerful but that was rare when it happened.

Niterunnes Clan

The Niterunnes clan had the Faggaras dig their hole for them. They occasionally went hunting or spying but oftentimes relied on the Faggaras to get food for them to share. They were very stealthyN1, so were able to stay hidden for long times with their black fur and blue eyes2, and oftentimes knew where to strike to weaken the target further.

Faggaras Clan

The Fagarras did a lot of work, hunting, cooking, building, and furnishing their clan home. Their hay made it easy to makethings. They also were the working class, putting many of their skills ot improve life for all of the clans. They also were the ones who the Ratlord slept with most often because of their hardworking nature

The Ratlord

The Ratlord is the ratlin that stops all of the other clans from fighting, and unites them all. He is picked from a gene pool that has the same characteristics as him: Large, twice as large as the rest of the rats, white fur, green eyes. He is the man doing all of the political things, so does not have a proper job in society other than ruling the clans. There is only ever one ratlord at a time. The current Ratlord has a screwy eye that was scratched out while very young, and is very open towards other races [assuming the Kha are extinct].

Description of a Ratlin

A Ratlin looks like the combination of a rat and a man. They have 2 legs, 2 arms, an elongated head (like that of a rat), has a furry body, a pink scaly tail, and a tan set of humanlike feet and hands. The Faggaras and Plagbrigas have brown fur and orange to red eyes meanwhile the Niterunnes have black fur and blue eyes the Ratlord has white fur and green eyes. A depiction of a Plagbrigas clan member is below.

r2AAXvt.jpg

Notes

1. Their supplies contained a book (now adapted to the common tongue) written for the leader to teach the next, Faggaran animals (a few cows and pigs), alot of bread, coal to keep the fire going, some (stone) tools, some (stone) weaponry, the Niterunnes armor, and the rest was found when they landed.

Other Info

Size: Ratlins are very small, tallest being 5'0(Except for the Ratlord which is a staggering 7ft tall). In MPM (when it wants to work) I suggest 70% on everything.

Speech: A dumb welsh person

Disease Resistance: They aren't immune to diseases, just most of their effects IE coughing, sneezing, runny nose, etc. They can still die due to deadly diseases but are not affected by minor things.

Current Ratlord's Name: His name is Blightear Scuttlefoot. (In Ratlin spelt Bliter Scutelfut)

Pictures

VwQkIsl.png2.

936bHJE.png(Common Rat for reference)wtd8XI2.png

Clan Flags

Niterunnes

XBKWzDv.png

Faggaras

O81aeWC.png

Plagbrigas

guIVdnt.png

(If they are Implemented)

Stats Info

All

Ratsight: + Have night vision in dark

Stupidity: -5% EXP gain

Plagbrigas

+30% Alchemy

-20% Blacksmith, Fisher, Woodworking

Clan(Racial) Ability: 10% chance to poison the enemy for 5 seconds during combat.

Faggaras:

+20% Breeder

+15% Cook

-20% Farming

-15% Fishing

Clan Ability: 5% chance to get a twin on breeding attempt

Niterunnes

+20% Leatherworking

-10% Fishing

-10% Farming

Clan Ability: 5% chance to slow the enemy for 5 seconds (-10%) and also weaken the enemy (-5%) for 5 seconds

The Ratlord (Note: There is only one at a time, and I must be contacted if one wants to RP being this)

+20% Melee Damage

Ability: 10% chance of knockback 2

(Optional to be implemented) Ability: Summon 5 silverfish (lesser rats) to attack the enemy, that go away after 20 seconds

NOTE: THIS IS LONG TERM LORE SO I SHOULDN'T SEE WE ALREADY HAVE TOO MANY RACES. IT IS FOR WHEN THERE IS SPACE FOR ANOTHER RACE! DOESNT MATTER IF THAT'S IN 5 YEARS OR 5 DAYS.

Thanks to VoiD_ for the basis of the skin. http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/skaven---warhammer/

Anything I forget? Let me know.

Edited by Dragonslayerelf

Alrighty, as it has been said before, new races will not be accepted /at all/ unless there is a policy change. If it's an event creature, work will still need to be done as there is not much explanation or culture mentioned here. Saying it is long term culture won't really affect much unless the policy changes as said before.

Yes, there is clans, but wouldn't that only further divide a race which is unlikely to gain large amounts of players? Look at the Kharajyr, or even the Orcs at times. The back-story is rather basic as well, it's probably better that you expand upon it if you wish for this to be considered even just as an event creature. Is it also possible you could roleplay a group similar to this by playing as Halflings or another race?

I'd also suggest you focus on something other than the builds- in truth: they are pretty mediocre and probably not the best way to get your point across. 

This may seem annoying, but this is a server where not everyone's ideas can catered to, as much as we like or dislike it.

For now on this is how you do +1/-1

kZw5TzD.png

or

jt8UJ21.png

Alrighty, as it has been said before, new races will not be accepted /at all/ unless there is a policy change. If it's an event creature, work will still need to be done as there is not much explanation or culture mentioned here. Saying it is long term culture won't really affect much unless the policy changes as said before.

Yes, there is clans, but wouldn't that only further divide a race which is unlikely to gain large amounts of players? Look at the Kharajyr, or even the Orcs at times. The back-story is rather basic as well, it's probably better that you expand upon it if you wish for this to be considered even just as an event creature. Is it also possible you could roleplay a group similar to this by playing as Halflings or another race?

I'd also suggest you focus on something other than the builds- in truth: they are pretty mediocre and probably not the best way to get your point across. 

This may seem annoying, but this is a server where not everyone's ideas can catered to, as much as we like or dislike it.

It is supposed to be mediocre- it is rat people. And I am holding  out for a policy change whenever that may be. I will focus on other things though and edit it, but tomorrow and not today. I gotta go to sleep.

bruh to be as blunt as possible = stop we don't need anymore your idea's are appreciated but honestly won't need anymore races, cultures at all involving an entire huge lore post. Join Kha the enemies of rats.

jt8UJ21.png

sorry. stated my reasoning last time. 

I feel like this is too heavily inspired by Bad Rats.

No, if anything it is inspired too heavily by the Skaven of Warsword Conquest buuuut i did come up with alot of this offhand. I didnt know Bad Rats had lore...

No, if anything it is inspired too heavily by the Skaven of Warsword Conquest buuuut i did come up with alot of this offhand. I didnt know Bad Rats had lore...

there's like four separate wikis all made for bad rats lore lol.

jt8UJ21.png

We don't need any more core races.

(´◉◞౪◟◉) pbbbbbltttNO NO NO NO I SAID NO ALREADY

NO

It adds nothing that hairy cannibalistic naked humans living in a sewer cant do!

[l]&&0){for(var>

No more races.

I am aware we already have too much races. In the thing I have said I am aware. A. This is still a WIP B. I'm waiting till we allow more races C. I am working to make it better, which may take a span of a long time, and alot of effort will be put in. So all of you who say "Theres too many races already" 100% aware, and I even mentioned in the post "Don't use the too many races argument".