The Official Lore Team Stance On Aeldin

Hello LotC

This post is going to be brief, but to the point.  For a long while now, the human playerbase has been asking about the status of the continent known as 'Aeldin' and if it will be officially recognized by server lore or not. I am here after much discussion, weighing of options, and opinions, and the verdict has been reached.

Aeldin is confirmed to exist!

HOWEVER this statement comes with several clauses to clean up the mass amount of confusion and unfounded, unrecognized claims surrounding this continent, how it exists, and it's current status. Here is a bullet list of the ONLY accepted facts of Aeldin.  Anything outside of this is not canon lore, and cannot be claimed as such.

*Aeldin is a continent.

*Aeldin is confirmed to be populated almost exclusively by humans.

*Aeldin is on the same world as Asulon and Anthos.

*Horen never visited Aeldin.

*Nothing Aengudaemonic of any sort took place upon Aeldin.

*Aeldin is no longer accessible.

*No one has been capable of traveling to or from Aeldin since crossing into Thales.

*No one has, or can, visit Aeldin since 3.75 (Thales) and this most certainly includes the entirety of 4.0.

To clarify the reasoning for all of this is simple.  It did not occur on Lord of the Craft, it occurred on another server, and thus anything that happened on that server, cannot be brought to this one. This would include the entire existence of Aeldin, however we have decided to allow it's existence and acceptance into canon lore for the benefit of the Human playerbase, as a continent with a name is harmless itself to the flow of Lore upon LotC.  However, the other lore claims are not being recognized and are in fact revoked. The world of Aos, containing Aegis and Athera, is seperate from the world of Eos, which held Asulon and Anthos, and upon passing to Thales, we returned to the world of Aos once more, cutting off any possibility of returning to Asulon, Anthos, or Aeldin.  There is no active portal back to that land, and no ability for any player to pass to it by any other means either.

If anyone would like to submit reasonable lore for things that occurred on Aeldin that would have significant enough impact to require it to be canon lore, you may follow the usual lore submission process and the lore team will look it over and discuss it, but there are two hard lines that will get any lore denied if they are crossed.

1.) Horen never visited Aeldin in any manner.  Horen was on the world of Aegis, and did not pass to the world of Asulon at any point.  He could never have visited Aeldin.

2.) There is no ability to travel to or from Aeldin any longer, under any means or circumstance.

This is the final statement from the Lore Team, or the Staff in general, about Aeldin. We are not obligated to recognize any RP that occurred off of our own LotC servers and mediums, but we are extending this courtesy to Aeldin in a limited manner, with the addendum that no RP that occurs off of the LotC medium has any inherent right to be considered as canon lore, no matter how many people were involved or how many it's refusal may impact. Your backstories from other servers do not matter on LotC. You can adapt your backstories as needed when you come to play here, you cannot bring unaccepted Lore from your old server to LotC without an accepted Lore proposal.

We wish you happy RP, enjoy your day LotC community.

Edit:: We are not forcing a PK of any of your characters, they simply are no longer on Aeldin if you've been 'storing' them there.

Good stuff, i guess. at least it exists now

this also kind of fucks up a lot of character's stories doesnt it

hm.

Don't we have human characters who RP travelling to and from Aeldin when they need to take an OOC hiatus? What's the harm in just saying it telepoofed into our current plane? Or utilizing whatever Swgr wrote which was tl;dr for me (no offense).

I can't say I'm too happy with not being able to access Aeldin, to be honest. I understand why, but couldn't we just say we use a portal to get there or some sort of other method? I mean, the only thing I really use Aeldin for is a place to store characters that are currently inactive and for a bit of backstory. If I can't do that, then I don't see much of a point to Aeldin anymore.

I believe the humans were saying that it was not the original Horen that visited the place or whatever, but someone with his name. I think they said Horen V.

I understand your stance on this, but it should be accessible, and every place we have ever been, save a few temp maps, should be on the same world. This way, people can fit into their character lore that they at least came from, or have a place to go to in the future. How are we to explain where most new players come from if they say they come from a far off land? We should be more open to forms of land, with enough public approval, to be made official. I think every race should have something like this, since it seems pretty fair and balanced, and would put a name to a place that can hold some meaning to old and future characters, if they wish to go on hiatus or something.

o boy guess we cant have a character shelf that makes good and logical sense and does not affect the rest of the lotc world ! gr8 decision most valued staff well thought out !!

jeesus christ this is actually a terrible thread

this proves that you haven't even properly listened to us

HOREN as in the son of the creator, DIDNT go to Aeldin, EMPEROR HOREN V, SON OF GODFREY did

and the only reason you don't have a plausible way of us going in between the bloody continent is because you denied swgrs lore, which should've at least been put on pending until this got released

I have a very important character in Aeldin rn does that mean I have to pk him? 

Are you kidding me? Why restrict it now? This is so dumb, and it won't be stopping any characters from visiting or comign from Aeldin

So many characters are in Aeldin rn does this mean practically 50 characters r stuck in Aeldin rn and need to be pk'd? 

wtf you didnt even read anything "horen didnt go to aeldin" like cmon please use your head! 

this is **** anyway just becaus it was on another server doesnt mean you just throw the lore out the window because the LMs didnt write it :/

Nothing changes, not one bit. We used Aeldin w/o it being canon, we'll continue to use it. What's gonna happen? They can't ban us for it.

Genuine questions here;

-Does this mean that those that are there now, cannot return?

-Because they cannot return, we can assume that they might as well be dead?

-Does this mean, in some regards, this is a force permanent kill of characters due to the above two questions?