The Official Lore Team Stance On Aeldin

I'd say this ruling may cause another Exodus, but where will their characters go now?

:^)

I mean i'm not pk'ing my char because of an ill made decision made by a highly incompetent lore team, so yh ark is right. 

Actually the best question that I can ask is honestly this;

What harm could it cause if being able to be accessed from Athera?

Yes, it's not actually mechanically represented but can be easily said "The place is a set place that cannot be accessed in-game." and BAM, I fixed it for you. I expect money to be in my mail in a fortnight's time.

Genuine questions here;

-Does this mean that those that are there now, cannot return?

-Because they cannot return, we can assume that they might as well be dead?

-Does this mean, in some regards, this is a force permanent kill of characters due to the above two questions?

Means they aren't actually there. If that place is for many players just a spot to story their character while they aren't playing them, then they can just say they were somewhere else. Also no matter what we tell you that your character can no longer go to Aeldin or come from it, nothing stops you from lying IC and then no one will ever know IC. I still don't understand why players simply don't use the "it's a story" loophole... It's so simple and effective...

Means they aren't actually there. If that place is for many players just a spot to story their character while they aren't playing them, then they can just say they were somewhere else. Also no matter what we tell you that your character can no longer go to Aeldin or come from it, nothing stops you from lying IC and then no one will ever know IC. I still don't understand why players simply don't use the "it's a story" loophole... It's so simple and effective...

The most simple and effective thing would be to simply say that it's accessible, and have an OOC note that it's not an in-game feature. That's more simple, seriously.

What harm could it possibly do? Seriously, no one has said a single negative point about it being allowed.

Yeah but we don't want to use the 'its a story' loophole.

While things that occured on Aeldin were on another server, they still happened, we still used our LotC characters on it and we would still like to use the things that occured, as they affected our characters. I honestly don't see why Aeldin can't exist, we can just as easily bring in homelands for the other races. I remember hearing somewhere that Athera was the homeland of the dwarves, right? So why can't Humans have Aeldin? Why can't Elves have something else? Why can't Orcs have something else? It's a really dumb thing you've done here, sorry to say it.

The most simple and effective thing would be to simply say that it's accessible, and have an OOC note that it's not an in-game feature. That's more simple, seriously.

What harm could it possibly do? Seriously, no one has said a single negative point about it being allowed.

Well, it screws up lore, a lot. Like a LOT.

On the other hand, something else humans can also say. Since Aeldin is told to be so big, maybe they find a new land and think it's another side of Aeldin.

Well, it screws up lore, a lot. Like a LOT.

On the other hand, something else humans can also say. Since Aeldin is told to be so big, maybe they find a new land and think it's another side of Aeldin.

Please list the lore it screws up.

Yeah but we don't want to use the 'its a story' loophole.

While things that occured on Aeldin were on another server, they still happened, we still used our LotC characters on it and we would still like to use the things that occured, as they affected our characters. I honestly don't see why Aeldin can't exist, we can just as easily bring in homelands for the other races. I remember hearing somewhere that Athera was the homeland of the dwarves, right? So why can't Humans have Aeldin? Why can't Elves have something else? Why can't Orcs have something else? It's a really dumb thing you've done here, sorry to say it.

Because it's on another world.

Think of us being on Azeroth, and Aeldin being on Dreanor.

Because it's on another world.

Think of us being on Azeroth, and Aeldin being on Dreanor.

Swgrclan accounted for this, but of course he was denied.

I think the issue is that if Aeldin-Athera travel is accessible, then Asulon/Anthos-Athera travel becomes available and that opens a can of worms. I'm pretty sure we switch between Aos and Eos every few maps so sooner or later Aeldin will be accessible again.

I don't agree with the idea of having places for your character to pretend to be important when they aren't being played but on the same vein I don't agree that Aeldin lore should be dismissed as it is one of the few decent 'other' continents that exist, so overall I'm content with this ruling. That being said, I hope the LT takes a lax stance on this since banning people over RPing Aeldin characters would be quite foolhardy and just stir the pot more.

The only thing I'm currently seeing being used against Aeldin is the travel to and from dilemma, Swgrclan provided a perfectly good reason for this yet was denied. You could've simply allowed it and we wouldn't be having this dispute now.

i am from aeldin and so i guess i just popped out of existence thanks guys