[Magic] ~ Arcane Shifting ~

BrandNewKitten

How would clothes be affected?

They are technically in the way.

Instead to cast the shift you pump your own body full of mana and contain it there. The active mana travels through the veins until the spell is unleashed, sending your body to the targeted location.

You only speak of moving the mana through your actual body, not something around you like how I believe aura works. In the end, you would just be teleporting naked, or not at all depending on your outlook of it, am I right?

I feel it's one of those 'magical occurrences' we don't dare explain nor talk about.

I feel it's one of those 'magical occurrences' we don't dare explain nor talk about.

I like teleporting nude, it allows me to make my character a nudist!

Basically what pandann said magic shouldnt be and isnt bound to excess amounts of depth. In the end its magic no need to be overly explained.

You only speak of moving the mana through your actual body, not something around you like how I believe aura works. In the end, you would just be teleporting naked, or not at all depending on your outlook of it, am I right?

Actually that is because the magic no longer directly uses aura. What I had before was stretching the concept of aura which is just like Kalameet said. If using mana is equivalent to a burning fire then aura is the smoke that rises off of it. It could possibly be a thing but I didn't want the lore to be denied due to that.

Clothes going with you doesn't need to be explained imo. It just happens! You cast a spell on your body and it causes you, your clothes and possibly weapons to come with you.

Though it would be quite comical if that weren't the case.

-waggles fingers-

*POOF!*

-teleports-

*POOF!*

-is suddenly wearing birthday suit-

At last! A solution to that pesky "clothes" problem!

-waggles fingers-

*POOF!*

-teleports-

*POOF!*

-is suddenly wearing birthday suit-

At last! A solution to that pesky "clothes" problem!

Behold! The real reason I created this magic!

Suddenly my interest in this has returned.

I say you should at least need to be an illusionist to learn this spell, since leaving your clothes behind is, to me, a major problem. This server runs on the ideals of how cybering, or any form of visual profanity, is a no strike deal, and people will be immediately banned for those actions. So, using this magic would result in many bans if players get a hold on it.

So, as I said, a skilled illusionist should only learn this spell, so they may "create" new "clothes" underneath the ones they are wearing to avoid this problem, so they do not appear nude and get banned.

Please, think of this. I bet you think I am joking too, this is going to be a serious issue for me since I am pro-clothes and seeing anyone without any form of clothing triggers me.

I say you should at least need to be an illusionist to learn this spell, since leaving your clothes behind is, to me, a major problem. This server runs on the ideals of how cybering, or any form of visual profanity, is a no strike deal, and people will be immediately banned for those actions. So, using this magic would result in many bans if players get a hold on it.

So, as I said, a skilled illusionist should only learn this spell, so they may "create" new "clothes" underneath the ones they are wearing to avoid this problem, so they do not appear nude and get banned.

Please, think of this. I bet you think I am joking too, this is going to be a serious issue for me since I am pro-clothes and seeing anyone without any form of clothing triggers me.

I don't think you know how magic lore works very well! ahha.

Illusionists cannot create anything, only fake it.

I already explained that the spell accounts for clothing. You don't lose clothing 

by shifting. That would be stupid :P

I don't think you know how magic lore works very well! ahha.

Illusionists cannot create anything, only fake it.

I already explained that the spell accounts for clothing. You don't lose clothing 

by shifting. That would be stupid :P

Please read my post seriously and stop patronizing me. I put quotation marks there so I could give the guise of the creation of clothes. I know illusionists can make clothing, cause if they did it would trigger my not-so-pro-magical-clothing-creation trigger.

I will warn you one more time before I call an FM to warn you about my personal triggers and making light of them.

But ok, I will calm myself down with my squeeze ball and get to your lower level. I am fine now. I almost had a PTSD attack there, but I caught myself. 

---------------------

To be for cereal though, I do like the lore. Fits well with what we have and should be given a test run at least to a notable member, maybe you Kitten, and see how people react to it's RP.

Please read my post seriously and stop patronizing me. I put quotation marks there so I could give the guise of the creation of clothes. I know illusionists can make clothing, cause if they did it would trigger my not-so-pro-magical-clothing-creation trigger.

I will warn you one more time before I call an FM to warn you about my personal triggers and making light of them.

But ok, I will calm myself down with my squeeze ball and get to your lower level. I am fine now. I almost had a PTSD attack there, but I caught myself. 

---------------------

To be for cereal though, I do like the lore. Fits well with what we have and should be given a test run at least to a notable member, maybe you Kitten, and see how people react to it's RP.

karma stop cyber-bullying me and my thread! my feels oo oo!! you triggering is triggering me!

Thanks tho bud. I appreciate it. I would be pretty excited over a test run.

I'll say I like it if BNK tells me I'm b00tiful.

Seriously though, Arcane Shifting looks pretty cool!