[✓] [Metal] Bluesteel

Lark

Bluesteel

Blue_Steel_Ingot.png

In the time of Anthos, when the name Steelwall was spoken with respect and awe, the smith Lark had spent decades as Kralta’s smith, honing his art and becoming renowned even amongst dwarven blacksmiths for his prowess and skill. To solidify himself in human history as one of its greatest, Lark began to study the properties of Carbarum. Surely forging a strong set of Carbarum armor, of which the likes have not been seen since the times of Asulon, would cement his status as a smith whose skills would be seen as mythical. So he set to work, draining his supply of carbarum ore until he only had a small portion left. Met with total and utter failure, Lark erupted in a frenzy, iron and carbarum into his forge. The metals began to melt within the intense heat and the molten metal began to drip into the ingot cast, forming a new alloy. Bluesteel.

2423_L-champion-knight.jpg

Upon returning to his forge, Lark cried with glee at his success and set to work, testing the metal’s strength and durability, putting it through intense trial to better learn his creation. To his surprise, unlike previous carbarum ingots, they did not break apart or shatter upon use. In-fact, the metal seemed stronger than normal steel, not quite the level of ancient carbarum, but strong enough to the point that it lasted longer than any previously known metal. With this new metal, Lark used it to create his legendary weapons and armors that kept Orenian soldiers alive during the Dwarf vs Oren conflicts.

When Lark met his untimely demise, he left the secrets to Bluesteel to his son Avgust Steelwall and close friend, Dared Starbreaker. Avgust in turn, left the secrets to the Cloud Temple Monks so that they might spread the alloy’s existence and so that the inhabitants of the realm may put it to use should the techniques to Carbarum smithing ever be lost once more.

OOC: Bluesteel is a 4:2 alloy of iron and carbarum that is roughly the durability of Carbarum, but lacks its strength. The metal can be forged through intense heat (roughly 3000 degrees celsius, hot enough to melt LotC Carbarum and Ferrum into something entirely new.) It has a bluish tint and basically is used to create armor that is step up from Iron, but below or at diamond's durability. In terms of armor strength, it is the same as iron.

I like it. Would there be an MC representation (such as nerfed diamond armor or something along those lines)?

Exists in the original materials lore, just doesn't have a name.

Now it does!

So to be clear, it is as robust as carbarum, but it cannot be worked to the same degree of edge?

So to be clear, it is as robust as carbarum, but it cannot be worked to the same degree of edge?

Yup.

I like it. Would there be an MC representation (such as nerfed diamond armor or something along those lines)?

Thats the idea

Thats the idea

Would this item be a casket based recipe or something that is unlocked at a certain level? Also, I don't know if nerfed diamond is possible, unless it was buffed iron with prot or something? But that would disable enchanting. So I don't know, I guess that would be something for Kowa to figure out.

I'd love to see this IG personally, it looks like it could add lots of interesting role-play and gear into the game. +1

You've got my support, Lark. 

Would this item be a casket based recipe or something that is unlocked at a certain level? Also, I don't know if nerfed diamond is possible, unless it was buffed iron with prot or something? But that would disable enchanting. So I don't know, I guess that would be something for Kowa to figure out.

Not Prot 1. More like Unbreaking V or something. But aint nobody got time to enchant that so..might as well make it craftable lol

As for distribution, I think of caskets like I think of plague. I dont want 'em. Either it'll be unlocked or I'll run it as an event and people will have to placate an old drunk ghost.

Although we can accept lore (put it through the review process eteetc) we cannot exactly guarantee mechanical representation.. Especially something that may be considered to undermine enchanting. For that sort of thing you'll need both permission and work from the GM/Tech/Admin teams!

Although we can accept lore (put it through the review process eteetc) we cannot exactly guarantee mechanical representation.. Especially something that may be considered to undermine enchanting. For that sort of thing you'll need both permission and work from the GM/Tech/Admin teams!

I created this knowing that we needed a replacement for diamond armor in terms of strength level, so as far as mechanical representation goes, up to when coders have time I suppose.

I like this a lot.