I'm quite sure dragons already share the same points as wyrms, albeit not sharing their smaller sizes and higher population count. Dragons are already feral and the fact that any have sentience, greater intellect or a degree of magical power would imply some kind of anomaly, likely brought about by a higher power (cut for Malghourn). The idea that wyrms are just more numerous, devolved offspring of dragons sounds like it could work, though.

The lore is now [under Review]

Please expect a result within a week or just afterward as the team reviews this piece!

The lore is now [under Review]

Please expect a result within a week or just afterward as the team reviews this piece!

accept it your king commands it.

yes

tumblr_moie5dgCIE1sqlo2go2_500.gif

but in all seriously +1.

i love this.

This is very well written, I would love to see this implemented into the game. Would be lots of fun

Very interesting. One of the better pieces of Lore I've read. +1

To be fair this is what the dragons were meant to be (dangerous feral flying lizards), hence the old dragons being reclassified as Dragaar. That being said, wyrms are something you could reasonably kill, whereas we were under strict instructions back in the day to keep the player ability to kill dragons to an absolute minimum (Watyll's dragon being slain by Kais in Anthos wasn't actually authorised), the appearance of which were meant to be a major catastrophe.

You forgot to add the Wyvern's barbed poison tail or whatever it is they have.

To be fair this is what the dragons were meant to be (dangerous feral flying lizards), hence the old dragons being reclassified as Dragaar. That being said, wyrms are something you could reasonably kill, whereas we were under strict instructions back in the day to keep the player ability to kill dragons to an absolute minimum (Watyll's dragon being slain by Kais in Anthos wasn't actually authorised), the appearance of which were meant to be a major catastrophe.

I was not aware at the time, I was told Viper authorized it. However by now the RP is RP and we can't really do anything about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLEi39UOy_4

Dragon Tales, Dragon Tales
it's almost time for Dragon Tales
Come along and take my hand
Let's all go to Dragon Land!!!

An event involving maybe one of the smaller, less overpowered Wyverns or smaller dragons would actually make for an incredible experience in my opinion. Also this is amazingly well written and full of detail. +1

I was not aware at the time, I was told Viper authorized it. However by now the RP is RP and we can't really do anything about it.

What are they now?

Oh, you were talking about the Watyll thing. Not your fault in the slightest, and it was a good event. Viper authorised the event but I'm not sure if he authorised the death.

I like the lore, but these guys all seem to not fit in with current dragonkin lore super well. How would you feel about wyrms not actually having any relation to dragons/drakes/dragaar/drakaar despite their similarity?

I like the lore, but these guys all seem to not fit in with current dragonkin lore super well. How would you feel about wyrms not actually having any relation to dragons/drakes/dragaar/drakaar despite their similarity?

Would kind of defeat the purpose. No one wants to do dragon attacks because no one wants to mess with dragon lore or allow people to kill dragons willy nilly. If dragons currently fill the niche that my wyrms do, then why aren't they being used? Dragons frankly, in my honest opinion, should be treated as Dragaar's lieutenants, be far more involved with Dragaar storylines and be SOMEWHAT magical. Thus their absence from the skies would be less due to OOC pussyfooting and adding far more importance to their existence. But thats something I brought up to Tsu and Moot in the past.

The only issue with them not fitting in is Dragons being CLAIMED to fill the niche that Wyrms ought to fit. In my opinion a necessary and easy fix.

As someone who contributed heavily to the dragonkin lore and who came up with the Dragon/Dragaar split in the first place (before that all dragons were dragaar and known as dragons) I can't see where the issue is. The Dragon itself is a wild, non-sentient creature, albeit a highly intelligent one. Dragaar were created from dragons by a certain Daemon and they're the ones that talk, shapeshift and have great magical powers.

The dragons themselves have no daemonic origin any more than wild cats originate from Metzli and pretty much no involvement with the Dragaar or the Daemons. It's completely possible for them to have a weaker subspecies, the wyrm. If anything, the only issue is redundancy: the dragon and wyrm serve the same role as flying, firebreathing feral lizard monsters. Even then I can see an argument for wyrms, as having them allows the ready slaying of wyrms while retaining dragons as a very high impact, nigh unkillable threat and keeping dragonslayers rare.