[Shelved]The Clerics Of Tahariae

Ventusyr

Ya'll seem to sort of just started flinging your own poop at each other on a post that has been made (very well in a matter of fact, props to Hesh.) to clarify, confirm and sort out hicks. Why do you all need to go mining salt on this post? If you have conflicts take it away from the lore post and try a skype chat or a different topic discussing such. Keep these posts to simple questions about the lore pl0x and not you bitching about OOC. I'd honestly like just one cleric post to not be met by salt and bitching from other clerics.

On the matter of accepting bad guys into the order - Is that taint gone? Yes? Then we don't have a problem. Literally. Yes morally, we're inclined to make your acceptance a living god damn hell to get into so that you're steered away as we don't trust you. But Tahariae has no problem with past taint users as long as they are purified and free of it. But none the less I shan't stir the pot thats brewing here.

Ya'll seem to sort of just started flinging your own poop at each other on a post that has been made (very well in a matter of fact, props to Hesh.) to clarify, confirm and sort out hicks. Why do you all need to go mining salt on this post? If you have conflicts take it away from the lore post and try a skype chat or a different topic discussing such. Keep these posts to simple questions about the lore pl0x and not you bitching about OOC. I'd honestly like just one cleric post to not be met by salt and bitching from other clerics.

On the matter of accepting bad guys into the order - Is that taint gone? Yes? Then we don't have a problem. Literally. Yes morally, we're inclined to make your acceptance a living god damn hell to get into so that you're steered away as we don't trust you. But Tahariae has no problem with past taint users as long as they are purified and free of it. But none the less I shan't stir the pot thats brewing here.

I like your logic really. Well said. But if we start accepting the bad guys without knowing their true motives would the clerics be more corrupt than a normal bad guy group?

Like if an ex con with many counts of homicide came in to your group and acted normal would you not be afraid or worried what he might do or what could happen. Just the thought of worry and doubt.

To most of the good guy clerics seeing a cultist/shade/necro join them after that's something clerics purge. Now joining them? The paranoia and fears what to happen and confusion why would Tah allow that. That's my question and confusion on it. To us "can we really trust them? Can we really trust Tah giving someone like them power after all they have done.? " stuff like that.

Edit: didn't know that was you Dan ! Hi dan! Thanks iPhone for telling me xD

Trust is all to the leadership of the order, not Tahariae. Honestly handling our magic they can do little but good as it's healing and war-cleric which harms only the impure. This is why when it came to people such as Skale, they had to claw their way to the top with no ropes to keep them on the mountain and no climbing buddy either. He fought tooth and nail to the top, pushed and pushed and finally found himself on a somewhat decent level of acceptance. Daniel, my Itharel character was impressed with the turn around he made, and seeing as he was more dedicated then actual normal people with how much he did to join and stay in eventually lightened up on him and cancelled any plans of removal that might have been speculated.

Edit: So yes while its worrying to hire an ex-con in the working world. You often find that ex-cons work harder then normal workers to prove themself and are better at the job then any. (I work in a small building company with my pops as a labourer part-time and have done a few jobs with some ex-cons looking for some cash to get by. They seem bad from the title 'con' but honestly they just want to prove themself and work hard to do it.)

In terms of a Deity or someone you worship, if you have true faith and belief in them, you will not question their decisions or motives. So if Tahariae took in an ex-necromancer, a proper and true cleric will accept them just as Tahariae did. That's the whole concept behind faith. You do not question the decisions of your god/deity. You accept and respect those decisions. There should be no paranoia if your character has faith and love for Tahariae.

Holy heck clam down y'all. Thanks for stepping in, Dan. We can discuss clerical morality and accepting past taint users later.

If anybody has any constructive feedback on the lore, lemme know in the comments or via skype or PMs.

Thus far, current stuff I need to add is:

- Emote for blessing

- Emote for warding

What I'd like y'all opinion on is taint:

- How I was taught, priests draw taint into their own body and purge it at great pain and effort for them, or draw it into a gem and have a war cleric purge it. However, we can change this to fit with how the rest of clerical healing works: clerics lower their light onto the taint and focus on burning it away. It would cause mild discomfort to the patient, like being too close to a heater, but wouldn't be agony or something that could effectively be used for torture or combat.

Go.

Both of your methods written out here exist, some people take on the pain themselves as contact with holy light while having taint in you is immensely painful. It is down to the ethics and morals of the cleric commonly, take the pain themself or heal the paitient and allow them to suffer the pain.

So in the end, pick how much you like the other person, if you don't like em, just let them be in pain and heal it, and get off pain free (and tired as ***

Both of your methods written out here exist, some people take on the pain themselves as contact with holy light while having taint in you is immensely painful. It is down to the ethics and morals of the cleric commonly, take the pain themself or heal the paitient and allow them to suffer the pain.

Thank you very much for answering THIS I've been taught one thing but told another!

Really pleased to see how this ended up looking; very prim and proper! Hopefully this continues to clear up issues (as it already seems to have for some).

Alrighty, so I have updated the lore to include an expanded conceptual explanation of blessing and warding, edited some spelling and grammar and reworded a couple things, and added in gauges for how war cleric light would affect unholy beings at given tiers.

Any more comments, critiques, or concerns on the lore? If not, I think this is ready for review.

Alrighty, so I have updated the lore to include an expanded conceptual explanation of blessing and warding, edited some spelling and grammar and reworded a couple things, and added in gauges for how war cleric light would affect unholy beings at given tiers.

Any more comments, critiques, or concerns on the lore? If not, I think this is ready for review.

Remove tiers, instead put Initiate, Adept, Cleric, and Masterful Cleric. Tiers were a needlessly irrelevant system, I think you should reorganize it into those four terms instead. 

Remove tiers, instead put Initiate, Adept, Cleric, and Masterful Cleric. Tiers were a needlessly irrelevant system, I think you should reorganize it into those four terms instead. 

I understand your rationale, but I am going to keep the tiers. Clerics have been referencing our power in tiers to properly conceptualize clerical abilities at given times in their power progression, and it would be way too much work to adjust our lingo and the way we reference our powers. I know everybody hates tiers, but gotta categorize powers somehow, and all the cool magics are doing it.

Titles such as those are present in the dozen or so guilds that have existed for clerics, too, so that would mix things up quite a bit. I'd prefer for this post to be magic-related only, and not mention ranks. I'll leave that to IC organizations.

A quick thing regarding the healing subsection, regenerating small things IE ears, fingers, and toes; eyes aren't able to be regenerated via a priest healer without first going through extremities.

Its difficult but at our current level of science its impossible to know what makes the eyes work. While they might create a replica that don't work its near impossible unless they can present the medical science knowledge and how they acquired it with medieval gear.

A quick thing regarding the healing subsection, regenerating small things IE ears, fingers, and toes; eyes aren't able to be regenerated via a priest healer without first going through extremities.

Why is it we are able to heal ears when we shouldn't have an understanding of ear drums, or noses when we shouldn't understand how scent works (we still don't, have a couple theories but there's no concrete understanding of how smelling works), or a tongue when... tastebuds?

Why is it we can regenerate fingers or toes when we should have no concept of nerves?

Why is it we can fix organs and know how they should properly work when we have no way of knowing the chemical processes that occur within?

Why is it we can fix patches of flesh and veins and such when we have no way of studying veins at medieval science?

Why is it we can really heal anything properly as priest healers when pretty much everything we magic back to normal requires x-rays and MRIs and stuff to properly understand?

At a certain point, Tsuyose, you need to simply accept that this is magic. We need a good understanding, but the amount of understanding we need can be gained by dissecting eyes and examining corpses' eye sockets and studying how it all fits together and reading anatomy books. It's ridiculous to single out eyes of all things, when pretty much everything in Priest Healing should be impossible by the rationale that we have no way of studying it with current technology.

And honestly, I fail to see how preventing us from regenerating eyes even with our current limitations (can't regenerate it after one Elven week) is a good thing at all. All it does is stagnate roleplay. Person loses an eye, they go to a cleric for help, and cleric says... Can't do it? Rely on the monks? Player will either accept the lack of eyes, or, as is permissible and apparently happens quite frequently to people who lose limbs and eyes when they didn't want to, just say a Monk healed it. It may seem dramatic to say removing this aspect of our magic kills RP, but it does, because eyes are surprisingly very difficult to keep a hold of in the LOTC universe.

Or, even worse, they go to an alchemist for a potion to heal it. A bunch of herbs and nasty fleshy ingredients boiled together in a pot can regrow limbs and divine power can't even heal an eye? Come on, Tsu, that just seems a little unreasonable, if not downright silly.

Person loses an eye, they go to a cleric for help, and cleric says... Can't do it? Rely on the monks? Player will either accept the lack of eyes, or, as is permissible and apparently happens quite frequently to people who lose limbs and eyes when they didn't want to, just say a Monk healed it. It may seem dramatic to say removing this aspect of our magic kills RP, but it does, because eyes are surprisingly very difficult to keep a hold of in the LOTC universe.

Or, even worse, they go to an alchemist for a potion to heal it. A bunch of herbs and nasty fleshy ingredients boiled together in a pot can regrow limbs and divine power can't even heal an eye? Come on, Tsu, that just seems a little unreasonable, if not downright silly.

My character lost an eye in Thales. She went to other clerics that she knew and instead of magically regrowing one out of nothing they did what made more sense. They found an intact eye that was out of someone else's head and simply attached it into Cheza's skull. I rp the eye as having slower reactions than her natural one due to healing being imperfect since we can't find out enough about eyes to make it perfect. 

This sort of healing should be fine but literally creating a brand new eye out of nothing? Something like that just is way too advanced. The eye is a rather complex part of the body.

Yeah sure you can't stop someone from 'going to the monks' but they wouldn't seek out clerics first if they didn't want to find that rp.

And as for the alchemy I was told that it takes a while for the potion to work, it's not instant. Plus it takes the liver of a mother that matches your race so... Not easy to get either. 

So you can't generate an eyeball out of thin air, I don't see the problem? There are other methods to healing the person.