Slayer Steel and Verdantium

bhOKfnq.pngR4ULFXA.png

Slayer Steel is a rather new metal based around the age old concept of monster-slaying swords. Aurum for Monsters, Steel for Men. But, as many a monster hunter will eventually find out, Aurum never lasts long due to its nature as a soft and easily malleable metal, even when cooled. Such was the case of a young elvish Paladin by the name of Zeliek who approach Dain Stormcrow requesting a sword that could slay monsters yet still retain its usefulness after a battle. For several years, Dain spent them trying to make gold stronger by itself. Finding the process far too inefficient and time-consuming, he turned to creating an alloy to be paired with gold.

il_fullxfull.498444472_btxi.jpg

Dain first started with Carbarum, knowing the metal to be very durable on its own and when mixed with steel to create the established Bluesteel. As he brought the temperature higher and and higher, the metals finally melted and mixed in the ingot cast. Interestingly enough, the yellow and blue hues of metal mixed splendidly, resulting in a lively green metal, akin to the vibrant greens of tree leaves and emeralds. On the other hand, the metal rather than getting harder, retained the malleability of the gold, making it just as durable as ordinary gold, but with a far different color, suiting jewelers and sculptors who wished to create unique pieces of art.

Undeterred from this sort of failure, Dain set out to try steel and gold this time, trying to balance out the ratios of metal and using a much higher temperature of heat to make sure they bonded correctly at the advice of the late Dizzy Irongrinder. To his expectancy, the old dwarf’s advice worked, creating a steel not quite able to dish out as much damage as your general steel sword, but far more durable than an average aurum sword. The result: Slayer Steel. A bronze-hued metal far more durable and stiff then general aurum. Dain began experimenting with the Slayer Steel, forging a shield for his love, and finally, a sword suitable for Zeliek.

With this discovery, Dain took his notes to the Cloud Temple so that they may be shared with all whom wish to use them, the alloy’s existence and way to make it an be obtained from Dain as well if one wishes to seek him out. Hopefully, this new metal would allow the monster hunters of Vailor to make the world a safer, less monster infested place.

OOC: Verdantium is essentially a cosmetic metal, it cannot be used to make any usable weapons or armor whatsoever, it is essentially just green gold, so if you want a magically imbued ring but yellow ain’t your color, this works perfectly. The ratio for this is 3 gold: 1 carbarum the temperature required to heat is 2000 degrees Fahrenheit. As for Slayer Steel, its Unbreaking 1 or 2 gold weapons and armor, it has a bronzeish tint, but can be lighter or darker depending on the smith’s preference. Its temperature for creation is 2500 degrees Fahrenheit. Its meant to come close or match the durability of an iron sword, but with gold! The ratio is the magic 4:2 gold:iron. For monster slaying and stuff. It must be represented by an unbreaking 1 or 2 gold sword.

2782d09742fbbc7c7cb9c929d0547908.png

How do you work metal that has a melting temp of 4500 degrees Fahrenheit without your skin melting off.

[l]&&0){for(var>

-snippero-

High elven forges and pray to all the gods in existence. That and I misread something. Fixed.

My ghouls will be so easily slain..

Eh, still +1.

I'd think the point of gold as an entity-banishing element is for it to retain these special aspects, but remain as a softer, weak metal. This gives it a good balance, so making it stronger is kind of offputting. I would expect this Slayer Steel to be rare - Valyrian-steel tier.

I'd think the point of gold as an entity-banishing element is for it to retain these special aspects, but remain as a softer, weak metal. This gives it a good balance, so making it stronger is kind of offputting. I would expect this Slayer Steel to be rare - Valyrian-steel tier.

Takes a bit to make Unbreak enchants so yeah, its not like these things are gonna be mass produced. That and its moreso to just have it last longer. Not like its gonna even come close to belng iron strength.

I refer more to IC-based strength than mechanical. Would this Slayer Steel withstand the impact of clashing with another weapon as frequently as a normal blade would?

I refer more to IC-based strength than mechanical. Would this Slayer Steel withstand the impact of clashing with another weapon as frequently as a normal blade would?

As a clairification, Slayer Steel is gold, reinforced with steel to make it more durable, not stronger overall. In terms of Slayer Steel vs Regular Steel in in combat. Slayer Steel would lose, it is not as strong nor it is intended to be as strong. These metals are purely for RP flavor text and adding more depth to blacksmithing. I just enjoy submitting lore for these kinds of things. Mechanically, Verdanitium is gold, rply it is green. Mechanically, Slayer Steel is Unbreaking enchanted gold metalwork. Rply, Its a bronzeish metal that is still fighting with a gold sword. It just lasts longer mechanically, and I suppose would last maybe a tad longer in an RP fight as well. But like, a few extra seconds at best.

Solid point. I think the idea is neat overall, so with these clarifications I'm obligated to support.

Looks good, should add on smite enchantment for slayer steel since it slays monsters faster ;)