[Playable] The Darkstalkers Of Xion

Swgrclan

This is very impressively made, but I'm begging you to be very careful who you pick for this.

Honestly, if you want to get down to the technical nitty-gritty, bringing your character back up through these means would take a degree of roleplay for success. However I'm not particularly against legitimate lore being written to justify raising your character back up as a Darkstalker through the use of this lore and approved, fabricated history with little IG interaction, purely based on your circumstances. If this is accepted, I could assist in the matter.

If you'd allow it, I might actually be able to continue playing my skeleton character without staff claiming I am breaking lore when the wikipedia has lore for skeletons... I'd love this.

Of course. All Darkstalkers must undergo both extensive IC and OOC apprenticeship before being selected.

Would one have to work with necromancers oocly beforehand if they wish to make an existing character a Darkstalker in the future?

Would one have to work with necromancers oocly beforehand if they wish to make an existing character a Darkstalker in the future?

Yes. The process is not unlike Lichdom, which is based on OOC agreements prior to training and induction. It must be pursued IC, though. Instances like Cloaked's are rare and shouldn't be common, as this is a status earned through good effort.

I really like it and don't see why it wouldn't be accepted! Though the whole necromancer dogma over anything and everything moderately undead kinda irks my booty, but as long as there's an attempt made to open this up to more of the playerbase I'd be content. 

Yes. The process is not unlike Lichdom, which is based on OOC agreements prior to training and induction. It must be pursued IC, though. Instances like Cloaked's are rare and shouldn't be common, as this is a status earned through good effort.

Then when this is accepted, I'd like to talk to you about a certain bandana'd fellow.

We have too many of these. I would support this, if it replaced a previous evil creature.

We have too many of these. I would support this, if it replaced a previous evil creature.

The only other creature like this are Liches, of which there are currently one.

I don't understand where this is coming from.

You have my support, sir. +1

Understand that Darkstalkers aren't intended to be an entirely differing entity. It has been my intention for a long time to give a better expansion for the Lich concept - to give it more paths to follow while remaining under the same, unified name and uniform origin. Darkstalkers are not like how ghouls are the distant cousins to Liches, but they are the brothers - the twins. If any other anologies would clarify the point, I reckon Lichdom is a tree, and to choose either the blade or the wand are branches to reach for. This implies there can be more types of Liches, but even then I'd think beyond three defined variations, a limit would be necessary.

But otherwise, don't think of this as another type of dark being. It's a Lich with armor and weapons, whom are unable to mirror the traits of their mage brothers.

The only other creature like this are Liches, of which there are currently one.

I don't understand where this is coming from.

You misunderstand me: I mean to say we have too many evil creatures in general.

Understand that Darkstalkers aren't intended to be an entirely differing entity. It has been my intention for a long time to give a better expansion for the Lich concept - to give it more paths to follow while remaining under the same, unified name and uniform origin. Darkstalkers are not like how ghouls are the distant cousins to Liches, but they are the brothers - the twins. If any other anologies would clarify the point, I reckon Lichdom is a tree, and to choose either the blade or the wand are branches to reach for. This implies there can be more types of Liches, but even then I'd think beyond three defined variations, a limit would be necessary.

But otherwise, don't think of this as another type of dark being. It's a Lich with armor and weapons, whom are unable to mirror the traits of their mage brothers.

Oh, that could be good - provided it's bound at the hip to the liches and their group in general, it's just an expansion of lich lore. I recant what I have said earlier today.

To be honest, killing Azel off to turn him into one of these would be solid. That character needs to die...

Either way, +1

This lore is being placed on Pending. You have 1 week from this post to make the changes required.

A few changes are required for it to be accepted. Either the cons of becoming a darkstalker need to be raised, or the pros need to be lowered.

For becoming immortal, stop feeling pain outside of being burnt by holy magic, still having free will when not being commanded by it's creator, and gaining life sucking magic while still being strong warrior, their drawbacks asside from the holy magic are mostly non existing.

Disconfort of the sun, they can just wear robes or stay in the shadows until needed.
Blunt force trauma to break their bones means that is the only type of damage that works. The same blunt force blows to a mortal would have about the same consequences. While the mortal would be filled with pain and not be able to move the part hit, the darkstalker would just not be able to move the part hit.
Darkstalkers are warriors, they wouldn't cast magic anyway, so having them not be able to cast magic is not much of a weakness, it's just what they are.

As soon as it is changed, please make a post stating it, so that it might be reavaluated.

This lore is being placed on Pending. You have 1 week from this post to make the changes required.

A few changes are required for it to be accepted. Either the cons of becoming a darkstalker need to be raised, or the pros need to be lowered.

For becoming immortal, stop feeling pain outside of being burnt by holy magic, still having free will when not being commanded by it's creator, and gaining life sucking magic while still being strong warrior, their drawbacks asside from the holy magic are mostly non existing.

Disconfort of the sun, they can just wear robes or stay in the shadows until needed.

Blunt force trauma to break their bones means that is the only type of damage that works. The same blunt force blows to a mortal would have about the same consequences. While the mortal would be filled with pain and not be able to move the part hit, the darkstalker would just not be able to move the part hit.

Darkstalkers are warriors, they wouldn't cast magic anyway, so having them not be able to cast magic is not much of a weakness, it's just what they are.

As soon as it is changed, please make a post stating it, so that it might be reavaluated.

I propose these alterations:

- Gold deterrence (golden weaponry nullifies Darkstalker sturdiness; a gold sword severs a Darkstalker arm as an iron sword would a mortals and mimicks the pain it would bring to common flesh (

- Mental Instability (incoherent madness is a frequent side-effect of the status that is derivative from fuel-oriented deficiencies - if a DS does not drain and gather life force to fuel himself, he will slowly go insane. If a DS does not return to their master to seek a similar form of magical stability, they will go insane. Returning to the first point, if a DS does not drain at all for a long period of time (one to two weeks), they will become permanently insane and are thus considered automatically "perma-killed" upon the next time they are defeated. This is irreversible.)

- Sunlight burns their gathered lifeforce away and severely weakens their drain, forcing them to either depend on heavy robes to protect them or caves/dark weather/night as alternatives.

As for your points, I shall regard them here:

Their discomfort toward sunlight is corrected in my additions above. I'm not sure of your stance on the inconvenience of psuedo-vampirism, but depending on caverns, short-lived nights, and uncommon weather to function properly in battle or in general is a rather broad damper on things. The sunlight is their enemy - the fact it deters their very functions to exist is a primary con that would be able to compensate for a lot.

I agree withthe blunt trauma deal, though the lack of magic is still a weakness whether or not Darkstalkers are warriors - it's reflective, just how like Liches are unable to stand their ground in physical combat.