[Lore Revision] Fi'hiiran'tanya - Tombs Of The Ancients

Treshure

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/topic/103824-clarification-on-fihiirantanya

^ Details pertaining the magic itself. Necromancy is no longer affected by Fi’.

This lore serves as an addition with several objects to the magic dispelling subtype of Fi’hiiran’tanya, as well as a revision to the origins story of it as well as several fundamentals of how the magic works. This serves to add a great deal of roleplay to a rather stale subtype at the moment, as well as preparing the ground base needed for a series of events. The specific origin lore is rather confidential, so it’ll be sent to the LT directly. Otherwise, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB6sOhQan9Y

--

The form of Fi’hiiran’tanya was wrought of of the hatred of magi, the castigation of all those who would call upon the void and deities alike to draw unnatural power from It’s depths. The Elibar’acals bore this acrimony in many forms, a family posed in the most magical of environments, Haelun’or. It was then they spelunked the world in desperate search in any art or form that would enhance their malice; an archaic dexterity to aid in their ever so small crusade against magic. Many would think that they had formed this perverse, adroit method of dispelling magic. In caverns not seen by the light of days in centuries, they found this underlying art of Fi’hiiran’tanya left behind. Bound in stone scrolls in the most bygone of caves, the art of anti magicks was discovered. They knew in their hearts they could only bear witness to such a discovery, and in time, the secret was lost in the dwindling and meandering path that the Elibar’acals walked.

It was not long before Fi’hiiran’tanya faded into obscurity. It’s members abated, withering away until only a handful knew the arts discovered in those caves so long ago. And even at that point, their dispelling began to falter. The anguish torn between the locked soul and the ailer grew to availing heights. The light that poured from their hands grew meager in retrospect to their past abilities. The transition to Vailor impacted these anti mages with the suffering of their sacrifice and the lack of bounty that came from it. Their minds floundered, and Fi’hiiran’tanya as they knew it dissapeared.

The tombs were buried deep within the earth. Surely, it took years of excavation before the slightest hints of them could be uncovered. They were remarkable all the same. Ancient carvings adorned their walls, trapped in a boxed cage deep underneath the soil and stone. None knew of it’s origins, where it came from, until the unlikely day where a Fi’hiiran’tanya user placed his hand on the center of the structure. It hummed with an unforeseen vibrancy, the locks clicked in place, and the door slid open.

----

A Fi’hiiran’tanya’s strongest connection to the soul they sacrificed would be at the location they tethered it, in the same room the bloody altar lay. In this area, their connection to the locked soul would be at it’s strongest where the ascension and binding took place. Straying far away from it hinders the ability of the ailer, and massive distances (map and realm changes) warrants for complete loss of magic. The revitalization of the magic and discovering of the relics involves uncovering these ancient rooms and tombs deep under the earth, serving for both deepening the magic and providing events to the playerbases around them. Again, the origins story and purpose of these rooms are purposely vague because of their potential affiliation to future events.

Mist Stone

2MaHqWG.png?2

A Mist Stone is any relatively small to medium sized object, hollowed out in preparation of the ritual. Two intermediate or one master Fi’hiiran’tanya has the capability of filling the mist stone with the light or mist that ‘Acalae or ‘Seth provides. When said mist is focused in on the ball, it can be binded to the object and released at will. Unless the user is a master, the Fi’hiiran’tanya must rely on Mist Stones or enchanted Fi’hiiran’tanya objects (elaborated further in this post) to dispell magic. Unleashing the mist/light will dispell the subtypes that are assigned under them. ‘Seth mist stones will only dispell void magic, while ‘Acalae mist stones will render the enemy ailer innable to call upon their deity for a small amount of time.

The Mist Stones provide the basis for the relics concerning Fi’hiiran’tanya, powering the rituals involved and aiding in the creation of more advanced relics pertaining to art of Fi’.

Umbra Stone (Soulstone)

I changed the name due to conflicting nature of the mechanical soulstone. Soulstone would make more sense, but it will conflict with the already existing things set in place. Inside the chamber of rituals, a mist stone can be converted to a more potent and stronger Umbra Stone. They can temporarily bind the connection of their locked soul, that teeters on the edge of the void and the world, to this stone. The connection would be between the stone and the soul.

If the stone is destroyed in this state, the ailer will lose connection to the trapped soul and thus the magic entirely. As dangerous as this is, it is almost necessary for novice and even masters to practice the art of Umbra Stones. Binding the connection to the umbra stone eases the mental anguish of the connection, the maddening whispers leaving the mind of the Fi’ user so long as the connection is binded to the stone. The magic is amplified in this state, powered through the orb’s physical means and concentrated light of Fi’hiiran’tanya. By amplify, this means given the necessary requirements to become an Elevated Umbra Stone. Technically an Umbra Stone can be used for the same things as a mist stone, though it is extremely dangerous, putting the caster's connection on the line.

The final and most advanced object would be the Elevated Umbra Stone. Elevated onto a pillar in the centre of the chamber of rituals, powered and betwixt four other mist stones, the elevated umbra stone would detect any mages within the room. The trapped soul connected to this stone would be able to see who has connects to a deity or the void, available to any who would scry within the stone’s depths.  

Bound Ritual Altar

6QfX6qq.png?1

The act of sacrificing randoms on any altar in any city is cheap, boring, and not remarkable in the grand scheme of things. Thus, it would be changed to a binded ritual altar. The altar would be in the chamber of rituals, where all else takes place. Between four other mist stones forged by masters of the art, the Altar would aid the meager and weak seeker of Fi’hiiran’tanya who would forsake his kin to gain it’s ancient arts. The initiate who would perform the binding ritual would be inherently too weak to do so, and thus the aid of established Fi’hiiran’tanya power would be necessary to help him complete the ritual.

Enchantings

The capabilities of Fi’hiiran’tanya could be bound to objects such as swords and shields by placing mist stones within them. The higher the tier of the ailer, the stronger and ever lasting the mist stones shall become. It is noted that these enchantments are difficult, and are only capable of being done in the presence of other Fi' ailers in the chamber of rituals. Forging mist stones are difficult, enchanting them and binding them to other objects is much harder.

A smaller stone placed in a stone would cause a mage’s magic to waver in it’s presence, a slash from the blade causing damage and hinderance to the mage’s casting ability. If overwhelmed and faced with no other situation, the fi’hiiran’tanya user could unleash the contents of the mist stone at a price.

Though it would effectively dispel the magic (depending on the tier of who made the stone and the tier of the mage), the contents of the mist stone would have to be refilled.

There are many more uses of this, whether it be bound to weapons, armor, walls, buildings, or any of the likes. Though the magic can be enhanced by being enchanted to the stones, use by itself, purely by the fi’hiiran’tanya user, would be much more difficult and taxing.

Final Words

All of these lore additions serve to add more roleplay to the magic, as well as providing basis for the events. It strengths the magic in some areas, while severely underpowering it in others. As the magic stands currently, it is very strong. This serves to somewhat balance it and provide much needed depth.

This is quite an interesting proposal to add to Magic Roleplay, I'd give it a +1

This would be rather interesting, much like the opposite of what fuels enchanted items in voidal magic.

Whereas enchanting in voidal, requires a crystal filled with mana to power the item by granting mana...

This would suck up the voidal/prevent clerical magic from occuring.

+1

Seems reasonably well, though I can't understand how putting the connection into a mere stone /amplifies/ the power of the anti-magic. Also, is would seem incredibly OP; the anti-Mage gets rid of the maddening whispers AND becomes more powerful by trapping the connection into a rock. Eh.

This lore places fi'hiran'tanya into weaponry and buildings. I disagree wholeheartedly with this premise. The beauty of fi' mages was that they were walking pillars of anti-magic, but you did not have to fear an 'enchantment' of Fi' magic suddenly nullifying all magic in a room. 

As it serves, I believe anti-magic is currently balanced. An anti-mage, such as Ikur Seregon, is wholly ineffective in combat against a non-mage. In addition, he suffers extreme weakness, paranoia, and maddening whispers. On the off-chance he is fighting a mage of any sort, Ikur's true strength lies there.

I also do not understand how a Fi' mage, who's power comes from subverting and confusing mana by use of an anchor directly to the void, would grow in power by shoving this connection into a stone. This seems backwards, as Hugo pointed out.

Treshure, this lore is well-written, I confess. I simply do not wish for a magic such as Fi'hiran'tanya to be so drastically changed from it's (in my opinion) perfectly balanced and rather intriguing state.

To address the points stated above.

Fi'hiiran'tanya, at it's current core, stands as "ooga booga kill mage". It has no depth, no purpose, nothing else to serve other than the idealogy of being against mages. Walking pillars of anti-magic may seen interesting in retrospect, though they provide no other means of roleplay. Take this to heart from someone who grandfathered this magic originally. This is fine to some, but lacking to others. The enchantments serve as to provide a physical depth to the magic through the use of relics and more archaic means of using the magic. The effect is the same, mist stone or regular Fi' user. The strict regulation on the magic's current users and teachings ensures that potential relics like these would not be mass produced - in fact, it is incredibly taxing to make just a single one.

Perhaps I was not clarifying on the stone's amplified power. By amplified, I mean it was given the necessary requirements to become an Elevated Soulstone (Umbra Stone). Clarifying, the ailer's connection to his soul is lost while he puts the temporary bind on the stone. This means he cannot cast anti magic in this state, and in a much more dangerous situation, losing the magic entirely. The idea of temporarily moving the connection is to ease the burden that the locked soul's torment may bring.

I spoke with Treshure over the LotC medium and have decided to support this lore as an addition to Fi'hiran'tanya so that the magic may grow and become less ooga booga. He has promised me I will not see a knight wielding an anti-magic gem sword, and that I will not see a large room with an anti-magic gemstone lodged in its walls. 

You've got my support, Treshure. +1

If you clarify explicitly that the stones do not amplify the magic and focus on how incredibly difficult it is to 'enchant' objects with the capability of anti-magic...I will support this!

If you clarify explicitly that the stones do not amplify the magic and focus on how incredibly difficult it is to 'enchant' objects with the capability of anti-magic...I will support this!

Clarified.

Hehe, now we're immune.

+1

This lore has been [Denied]

A lot of the LMs found that this revision of anti-magic was quite a bit more overpowered than previous iterations. The mist stones, in our view, don't provide enough of a downside considering they make the actual anti-magic process quicker.