[✗] The Plague Returns

drfate786

Event Planners, MC Names: drfate786

Event Type: Outbreak

Event Date: Any Time

Factions/Nations effected by the event: Everything

Event Location: Anywhere

Summary:

So basically, its been a while since we had a good old fashioned plague on our server and each time its been done it hasn't been managed well. For example, in the fringe the plague PKed people which was idiotic at best. While in Athera no plague was present other then the mini event i started which ended with the plague being contained. Currently only a few live samples of some known plagues exist locked away in vials or containers yet no sign of the disease is present in Vailor. Why? Why not have a plague?

Now some of you may bash this thread stating that OH NOES WE DON'T NEED A PLAGUE. But its not a question of need its a question of want, a plague would promote the construction of sewers and other various cleaning facilities and would even improve nation roleplay by forcing nations to somewhat adapt to this plague. By no means will the plague be deadly of course, since only the elderly and the extremely young will be susceptible to the fatal symptoms of the disease and in both cases they will not have to PK their characters should they die from the disease.

The plague used will be the green dot variation that appeared back in Asulon, it will not have its fatal symptoms, unless a new strain is created through a mutation. It would start spreading shortly after a "Patient Zero" infects several willing participants with the disease. Shortly after this event they will start to show symptoms and the city that will be randomly chosen to start the plague will house these sick refugees. The city that will start the spread of the plague will be chosen based off of its sanitary conditions and then through a selective vote done by the community.

Note that these will only take effect a day after initial infection, always starting with the visible green dots. Humans between the ages of 20-80 will only experience the minor symptoms, elves between the age of 80-800 will only experience the minor symptoms as well as Dwarves between the ages of 40-400, the same goes for the Uruk as well.

The undead or any "None living" race is immune to the disease for obvious reasons, however, they can still spread the disease should they be in contact with any bio hazardous materials. 

Minor Symptoms

Green dots or blisters on the skin

Mild cough

Mild sneezing

Stuffy nose

Mild Symptom (Only applies to the elderly or the extremely young)

Coughing up blood

Blackened Extremitie (Hands,feet, etc)

High fever

Sores

Diarrhoea

Vomiting

Fatal Symptoms (Anyone with these symptoms will die a day later)

Vomiting Blood

Necrosis

Blindness

Organ Failure

Systemic Infection (The blood will turn green if this happens.)

Seizures

Dehydration

The plague will spread by these vectors

Filth (If your city is covered in excrement you sir are a prime candidate and should be proud.) 

Blood (Blood to skin contact is enough to spread the plague, that being said if you try to butcher some infected child you are bound to catch the plague as a result.)

Saliva, etc  (If the infected person kisses you or any form of "cyber" or "Fade to black" is done you have caught the sickness.)

Dust Particles (If the person coughs the germs will cling unto dust and infect the lungs as a result, those infected by the airborne strain are more likely to survive.)

Excrement (Anything that comes out of the infected can and will be infectious, this makes sewers a must have.)

Livestock (If any infected individuals infects an animal and that animal is then eaten they will catch the disease.)

Concept Images/Screenshots

latest?cb=20140923012108

Other Information:

Do you need the Event Team's assistance?:

If so, do you require actors and/or builders?:

No, I don't think many people enjoy plagues. It's usually a little bit of fun RP and then just a bunch of isolationism that slows down RP.

If you want this done to your settlement I (and other ET) would be willing to do this for you. However, we won't force it on a party that's unwilling, or at least, I certainly won't. It was more of an inhibition than enjoyable experience last time it happened.

No, I don't think many people enjoy plagues. It's usually a little bit of fun RP and then just a bunch of isolationism that slows down RP.

I stated the reason for why plague RP tends to go wrong. If its not rped or managed correctly people will end up hating it.

If the ET works with me on this i promise you all that the RP will be VERY enjoyable.

Not only is the rp for this mostly dull and tedious, it will also be mostly ignored. I'd be interested in doing this if there was some sort of actual interest in the RP, but there really isn't, at least not for me. -1

I stated the reason for why plague RP tends to go wrong. If its not rped or managed correctly people will end up hating it.

If the ET works with me on this i promise you all that the RP will be VERY enjoyable.

Regardless of a good ET work, people will make a bunch of quarantines and just make people become isolated. If you're sick, no one will want to RP with you pretty much.

memes aside, I think the general consensus seems to be that plague events just aren't fun. I never experienced one myself, but regardless of "doing it well," I think, at their core, they just aren't fun.

HAHA YES YES!

The first plague brought US HORROR! IT MADE THINGS WILD AND DIFFERENT!

I support another AGE OF DARKNESS!

+11111111111111111111