Superior, Inferior and Lesser Souls

Supremacy

burning_souls_by_moonxels.jpg

Souls are that which find themselves inextricably inserted in every being which roams this earth with some form of sentience or another— and even those without. But what is a soul exactly? And what separates the insect which can cast not spell or think, and the higher mortals who can create such powerful eldritch feats?

The most elementary type of thing is obviously something with no soul. A rock. A pile of dirt, but what so happens when we go beyond this level?

Soul Essence: The most primitive form of near-soul, possessed by the plants of the forest. These creatures do not truly have a soul, or possess any form of sentience. Rather they have but the potential to be granted limited sentience by Aenguldaemonic or other magical means. The flowers and plants empowered by a druid behave in such a way, only gaining any sentience when communed with— when the energy of the aspects is funnelled into their soul essence.

Inferior Souls: The souls of the least intelligent but still soul possessing creatures. Insects and lesser animals possess no higher functions, unable to exhibit true thought or connect to the void or higher powers of Aenguldaemons.

Lesser Souls: The souls of higher animals and other such creatures. These creatures are capable of functional thought, but just as all lower souled creatures lack the higher function of void or Aenguldaemonic functions. These are the first of any souls capable of forming a soul shadow— that which forms spectral creatures alone or in combination such as a ghost or apparition. Though they are less likely to do so.

Superior Souls: The souls of mortals and other higher order creatures. These creatures are capable of higher Aenguldaemonic functions and are more likely to form soul shadows than any other order of Souls. They are the highest of all souls, for all sentient beings beyond this level function not with souls, but with something of a higher essence. Includes eldertrees, which may empower the plants Soul Essence of the forest around them— thus they are literally the soul of a forest.

[REDACTED]: [Redacted]

Edited by Supremacy

What is the purpose of this lore? Is this a clarification, or a basis for something more?

I also agree with Disco; I was hesitant to pose the question since I didn't want it to sound as if an insult but it just seems like you are trying to explain our understanding of the things around us RPly. It is appealing in presentation and information but otherwise I don't see an intended RP purpose for it unless you may explain it.

It functions simply to explain phenomena in LotC. Why do we explain the void? Because we can, and to deepen the world of LotC.

This simply condenses soul lore— though it was not written for that purpose.

It was written to fit Druidism into the spectrum of souls, so that the issue of if plants and animals had souls could be put to rest.

It functions simply to explain phenomena in LotC. Why do we explain the void? Because we can, and to deepen the world of LotC.

This simply condenses soul lore— though it was not written for that purpose.

It was written to fit Druidism into the spectrum of souls, so that the issue of if plants and animals had souls could be put to rest.

Excellent. It achieves its purposes, then. If it is welcome or needed, I provide my support.

I personally really like this lore, the topic of souls and spirits on lotc i find really interesting though not touched upon much. If anything id like to see more additions, and clarifications on the soul. Anyways nice lore supremacy. 

Also what is the redacted part?

I quite like this but I have a few questions:

What would spirits fall under?
Things like volcanoes and rivers can often have a spirit representing them. What soul type are they?
An imp parasite would fall under what type of soul, provided it shifts between the mind/capabilities of a plant to that of a semi-sentient creature?
Do Dragaars and Drakaars fall under any of these categories, or under the
[REDACTED] part?

How does this explain creatures like Itharel?

You have my support for this, either way! :)

Itharel gain power by detatching themselves from a mortal coil— like Undead, Ascended and so on. They are simply a Superior soul. Volcanoes and Rivers might have a SPIRIT (Spirit Realm) Spirit if that fits the Spirit Lore, but that's a spirit— not a soul. Spirits have superior souls, I assume.

And I can't answer questions about dragonkin for various reasons.

Edited by Supremacy

I've always enjoyed the fleshing out of certain parts of lore. Though, I feel like something similar was posted about this around the Anthos era. 

Also, 15,000th post on this subforum c:

It definitely helps with a better understanding of how druidism works as well as defining souls some more. I do support this idea.  +1