[✗] The Blind Can See!!

SirSpaceyEsquire

Hello People Of Vailor

I have an idea for a potion in the realm of Vailor, a potion that can give a form of vision to the blind. This potion would be called, "potion of sight" which utilizes a form of permanent echolocation for the affected that gives the blind a from of sight where every little vibration allows them to form an image of all around them, this gives the person the affect of 360 degrees vision due to the fact that all of there body is receiving these tiny signals, which gives them a better chance of seeing and reacting to attacks. They also possess night vision becuase light has no effect on the vibrations, The downside is they can not see anything that is not tangible like a ghost or wraith, or is not moving. They also can't read because written words give off no vibration. They can't see color either, but that will just be a role-play effect like most of these things. I urge you to consider this because the character i have now would use this and I can't play as him unless I get a yes. Thank you.

Blind people actually do have permanent echolocation as their other senses increase to compensate for the loss of the MAJOR sense that is vision. So really you have no need for a potion of sight since it's completely natural for the blind to develop the effects of your potion to adapt to their enviroment. Keep the ideas coming though, I'd support anything that would add flavor to roleplay!

Edited by Jabba Desilijic Tiure

My own character is blind from birth. Over the years, she's tried finding a way to see, given up, tried again, and so on. The prospect of such a potion would be nice for her, but I think that it would take away from the roleplay. If you play a blind character, let them be blind! It is more fun that way, and it makes the character more unique!

Why make a blind character then 

There is a void magic to do this.

Not anymore. 

R.I.P Arcane Puppetry

giphy.gif 

This idea is pretty much...well...stupid in my opinion. People create blind characters because they find it interesting to roleplay a blind person. If you simply add a "Sight Potion" it would take all the fun and purpose of putting the character blind in the first place. And really, in my opinion, blind characters are way more interesting than characters that can see, and it needs a certain level of effort and perhaps skill to actually play a blind character, because it doesnt has the advantages that the people that can see have

Why make a blind character then 

mogroka laying down the law

I think high tier healers can heal vision anyways. But it's not like anyone is unwillingly blind so healing of it is rare.

Easy tier blindness: pretend you're blind in RP
Hardmode blindness: make your texturepack entirely black, can only navigate using sound effects.

-snip-

Not arcane puppetry, Vice7 submitted a piece in Anthos that allowed for the use of ''voidal sight'' over short periods of time. 

Edited by Lima

-snip-

Not arcane puppetry, Vice7 submitted a piece in Anthos that allowed for the use of ''voidal sight'' over short periods of time. 

Damn that sounds cool!

-snip-

I don't believe that is canon. Not sure it would make much sense, either, really.

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been Denied.

Creating a character that is blind should be for the purpose of roleplaying a blind character. It is not the same if a character goes blind in roleplay, but for those, there are a multitude of things they may do about it. The potion you propose would make those that drink it have a better 'sight' than those with sight. You also do not speak on how to make the potion, nor about the side effects, nor about what would happen if a person with normal sight drank it.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.