The Brotherhood of Horen

nordicg_ds appeal acct

The Brotherhood of Horen

Come, ye sons of man!”

In the long annals of history, Mankind has never fallen so far from the attainment of its righteous mantle as it now has. Robbed of purpose, stricken by the scoundrels of the earth, and bleakly oppressed to the ashes, we who once strode so tall, bestride the earth, now kneel humbly subjugated before the altar of our foes. Throughout our long and storied past, the righteous conquest of our forebears are shattered and disheveled by our current pitied state, and our ancestors look sorely upon us, who have been so meekly stripped of our destiny. It is time for a great shift in fate, for the sons of Man to reclaim their place in the world - together. In the history of Man, never do we stand so resolute and firm in our purpose as when together, united in our cause, and shared brotherhood. In honor of these ancient ideals, the Brotherhood of Horen has risen to embrace once more our proud tradition of strength, presenting to the world the best of Orenia - a guiding light that is not a brotherhood of men, but a brotherhood of Man.

Who we are

The Brotherhood of Horen was founded in 1534 by Richard Luca, after a revelation following years of reflection and travel throughout the territories of man. Rallying to him from all corners of the realm men of great capability, Luca set forth to reclaim the rightful mantle of humanity, long since lost in the swirling fever of war, plague, and betrayal that spurned Humanity from power, by establishing the Brotherhood. Residing in the province of Erochland, the Brotherhood is operated from Greywater keep (), and holds smaller properties throughout the realm.      

Service to the Brotherhood of Horen is for life, and those who take up the colors are trained to the pinnacle of fitness and mental preparation to enable them to take on any foe. Men of the Brotherhood are armed, given residence, and fed, and in return pledge themselves and their undying loyalty. Organized into three branches, the Brotherhood accepts men from all walks of life; warriors, scholars, merchants, farmers and more. Through the three branches, the beating heart of man thrives vibrantly, and through unity, the Brotherhood finds its strength.

How to join

All human men above the age of 16 are permitted to join the Brotherhood of Horen, provided they meet the criteria provided by officers at recruitment centers. Initiates should be prepared to undergo intense physical training, and will undergo extensive efforts to create a welcoming community of brothers within their respective branch.

Those who desire to join should present themselves to an officer of the brotherhood at Erochland, which can be reached via the docks. (X:-2100,     Z:-750)

Alternatively, one may send a bird to the order upon filling out an application.

(Username:)

Name:

Branch of choice: (Marshal/Savant/Guildmaster/Undecided)

Reason for joining:

Prior experience/relevant skills:

Do you swear your life in service to the Brotherhood? (PK Clause upon appropriate RP)

Branches of the Brotherhood

The Branch of the Marshal

The Branch of the Marshal is the central pillar of the Brotherhood, composed of the finest militant fighting men in the realm. Led by Marshal Richard Luca, the Branch of the Marshal is the foremost fighting force, and is frequently dispatched abroad to achieve the Order’s goals. Members of this branch can expect to expand their combat prowess, take part in frequent skirmishing, and be the public face of the Brotherhood. Initiates who wish to follow the Marshal     are issued appropriate gear, and are expected to be present for training exercises and battle.

The Branch of the Savant

The Branch of the Savant is the scholarly brain behind the Brotherhood, and is made up of Oren’s most successful thinkers and tinkerers. Led by Marius Luca, the branch of the Savant focuses on research, reflection, debate, and discovery. Members of the Savant are expected to devote time towards study and discussion, and make innovative new discoveries to aid their militant brothers in their combative profession. Followers of the Savant should be prepared to uncover ancient relics of human origin, and work closely with their brothers to achieve the Brotherhood’s wider goals.

The Branch of the Guildmaster

The Branch of the Guildmaster is the economic powerhouse behind the Brotherhood, and functions as the financial basis for the brotherhood’s operations. The Branch of the Guildmaster is currently under joint oversight of both the Savant and Marshal. Members of this branch can expect to work in a skilled trade, establish a business, take part in construction, and in general pursue profitable ventures.

Tenants of the Marshal

You are the chosen sons of man. Seek the righteous clash of arms, and train yourself to endure all challenges; know that temperance is your sustenance, and battle your fulfillment.

Be true to your brothers in all things, and cultivate with them the highest of friendships.

Be wise, calm, strong, and resolute. Show valor and enthusiasm at home and abroad, and carry yourself with the weight of Mankind.

Fear not the coward’s fate of surrender, but instead meet victory or death fully charged with your cause, and preserve your honor.

Maintain yourself in every way, and possess the spirit and vigor of your people; you shall be the warrior incarnate of Mankind.  

Tenants of the Savant

You are the spirit behind the sword. Seek perfection through knowledge, and strive eternally to better yourself through study, discussion, and application of our ideals.

Know that through the discourse of ideas, we are made stronger; embrace and encourage discussion and sharing, and be made better through the thoughts of others.

At all times be peaceable, studious, and earnest.

Persevere in your studies and the pursuit of our goals. Embrace not ignorance, but instead shine the light of truth before you wherever you tread.

Tenants of the Guildmaster

You are the wheel of commerce upon which the world turns; perfect your trade and seek excellence in all things.

Be honest and true; deceive not your brothers for profit, nor work against the brotherhood for coin.

Strive to offer only the best to the world, in your trade, pitch, and sales.

Know always that he who benefits the brotherhood benefits Mankind itself.

(Username:) Jester1337

Name: Leytzan

Branch of choice: (Marshal/Savant/Guildmaster/Undecided) Marshal

Reason for joining: Recruited - Seems like fun and seems like it would have some great rp.

Prior experience/relevant skills: Great with a dagger or a sword.

Do you swear your life in service to the Brotherhood? (PK Clause upon appropriate RP) Yes

(Username:) Untamed_Beaver

Name:Dan Greyhorn

Reason for joining: Sticking with my crew

Prior experience/relevant skills: Leatherworker, farmer, decent PvP?

Do you swear your life in service to the Brotherhood? (PK Clause upon appropriate RP)Yeet

(Username:) xXtheshadow99Xx

Name: Venator

Branch of choice: (Marshal/Savant/Guildmaster/Undecided) Undecided

Reason for joining: I want to help serving and defending Horen

Prior experience/relevant skills: Venator have served in two military forces, on ein Athera and one in Vailor, now he wants to find a good military force where he can keep training his skills

Do you swear your life in service to the Brotherhood? (PK Clause upon appropriate RP) yes

(Username:) KyhloRen

Name: Jakob Farwalker

Branch of choice: (Marshal/Savant/Guildmaster/Undecided) Marshal or Guildmaster

Reason for joining: To protect the Empire

Prior experience/relevant skills: Been in The Order of The Imperial Dragon

Do you swear your life in service to the Brotherhood? (PK Clause upon appropriate RP) Yes, i do

Missives are sent throughout the land! 

Edward Rottington, Leytzan, Daniel Greyhorn, Venator, and Jakob Farwalker receive fine scrolls, tied with midnight ribbon. 

Welcome, Sons of Man!  

Today, you have begun the most exciting chapter of your life! It is with great pride that I welcome you to the Brotherhood of Horen as Initiates, to be tried and tested in service to our glorious nation. Pack your belongings, and at once travel Greywater Keep in Erochland, inside of which you shall receive your uniform, room assignment, and orders. Before you leave, however, bow your head and send to the Holy Creator a prayer of thanks - today, you are a Brother of the Order! 

Signed in the light of our lord, on the 15th of The Amber Cold, 1534,

Savant Marius Luca

Notices are raised! 

Throughout Greywater Keep, Erochland, and the surrounding realm, bulletins are pinned on every notice board, and frantic shouts escape crier's mouths; 

"Death and Destruction!"

The once tranquil town of Alsace, once a bustling farm and trade center, has been utterly razed! On the 18th of the Amber Cold, Marshal Richard Luca was accompanied by his guard in a standard patrol of the realm, only to discover the once lively town naught but a ghastly ruin! The expansive fields of wheat have been salted, the town itself but a scorched remnant of itself! One Initiate, Jakob Farwalker, spoke of barricades hastily assembled in the street - eerily abandoned. The Brotherhood continues to search for the culprits of such a villainous deed, and Marshal Luca has vowed justice for any bandits cavorting in his proud lands. Beware, villains! 

Crowds cheer in Felsen! 

Earlier today, Marshal Richard Luca delivered a rousing speech to a bustling crowd in the Capital of Man! 

Speaking to men and women as they passed in the streets, Marshal Luca spoke heroically of the Mankind's past triumphs, and urged onlookers to enlist for the cause! Crowds praised the esteemed Marshal highly, and, when he was briefly interrupted by a scandalous foreigner, they quickly came to his aid, subduing the fellow! For the first time in many years, the flags of humankind robustly wave with a spring in their step; the sons of Horen grow stronger each day! 

QpERWDL.png

Edited by Brotherhood Of Horen

(Username: Jonificus )

Name: Mehmed Doğan

Branch of choice: Guildmaster (Marshal/Savant/Guildmaster/Undecided)

Reason for joining: I seek riches and adventures beyond compare.

Prior experience/relevant skills: I have led my father's merchant vessels from Aeldinic ports since I was but fifteen years of age. Peddling all kinds of goods to the fortunate fellows who had the opportunity to meet us on the trading route. I have had to fend off both pirates and highwaymen during my years, so I am competent enough with a blade or what have you.

Do you swear your life in service to the Brotherhood? I do. (PK Clause upon appropriate RP)

(Username:) Giambro

Name: Dario

Branch of choice: Marshal

Reason for joining: I seek to join an armed force and destroy any enemies that cross our path; fighting.

Prior experience/relevant skills: Love ta fight, I can mine some rocks and cut some wood.

Do you swear your life in service to the Brotherhood? Aye, I do.

(Username:) grnappa

Name: Erik Berhal

Reason for joining: Am bored

Prior experience/relevant skills: Currently have served in 6 seperate armies

Do you swear your life in service to the Brotherhood? (PK Clause upon appropriate RP) I do.

(Username:)Skwizzix

Name:Karle

Branch of choice: (Marshal/Savant/Guildmaster/Undecided)Undecided

Reason for joining:Would like to join a clan of warriors for fun and intense RP!

Prior experience/relevant skills:I have relatively low levels in lots of skills.

Do you swear your life in service to the Brotherhood? (PK Clause upon appropriate RP) I hereby swear my life in service to the Brotherhood of Horen and to devote the rest of my life to the sworn duty of protecting the Human race!

(Username:) cruzazul8

Name: Alexander Louis Horen

Branch of choice: (Marshal/Savant/Guildmaster/Undecided) Savant or Guildmaster

Reason for joining: To strengthen mankind!

Prior experience/relevant skills. Son of Emperor John and Duke of Marna

Do you swear your life in service to the Brotherhood? (PK Clause upon appropriate RP)

squishybear7

Jace (Jace Malestorm)

Farmer

To make the human race the greatest race once again

Masterfull farmer, fair smith/chef/miner and alch (others too)

I Jace Malestorm swear to stand by the Brotherhood

(StreetBroGamer)

Name: Charles Blight

Branch of choice: (Undecided)

Reason for joining: I wish to bring Humans to their former Glory

Prior experience/relevant skills: Proficient Chef, Own a Tavern

Do you swear your life in service to the Brotherhood? (PK Clause upon appropriate RP) I swear my life.

(Username:) UnfortunatePuppy

Name: Cyelle Absterben

Branch of choice: (Marshal/Savant/Guildmaster/Undecided) Undecided

Reason for joining:

ic: to bring oren and the human race to its former greatness

ooc: seems like fun rp

Prior experience/relevant skills: Minor alchemy skills

Do you swear your life in service to the Brotherhood? (PK Clause upon appropriate RP) I do.

(Username:) LittleKnights

Name: Shaco Rathvodor

Reason for joining: RP: It was my brother's dying wish to defend my home and kingdom

Prior experience/relevant skills: Decent with quarterstaff, Decent swordsman, Great with throwing knives, Woodworker (what im going to choose for my proffesion)

Do you swear your life in service to the Brotherhood? (PK Clause upon appropriate RP) I do