[✗] [Lore] Era of the Seeds

WuHanXianShi14

but writing things that reach back prior to the server's beginning ages (dating around 1300-something, which was like 2011 or 4 years ago) should remain in the hands of the Lore Team. 

Issue: The Lore team has very often proved completely unwilling (or downright against) to work with player bases to even a minimal extent when their lore is in tatters with no functional components. (Even when their own failings in their own team produced such.) [Re: Runesmithing/Dwarven Lore in general]. 

Its very clear that the lore team as it has been structured for about one year has not be capable of handling racial/subracial lore. We can all clearly remember when the lore team quite literally dwarven history and its racial magics with massive failures to implement even a single dungeon past novermber 2014, ultimately leaving the throne of Urguan himself destroyed and the build never even completed.

Ultimately, the dwarves just had to rely upon what Dizzy did at the time as a ET manager (and eventually just a GM.)

As such,  its my firm belief that player bases themselves should get a say in their own histories and contribute the ''communal storytelling'' that is role playing. Indeed, the focus of the lore team should be writing lore relevant to the player bases themselves rather than of pandering to smaller magic groups.

Instead of expanding the original lore the team just focuses on progressing a story like its some sort of book about the next cool character individual character (that will invevitably be played by a GM.) I'm fairly sure a lot of people are tired of you just making stuff specifically relating to the new flavor of aenguldaemon/dark nasty.

They would prefer to have lore relevant to their characters own histories and stories. Many nations have large player bases who would love to contribute and interact with their own histories but are forced to just go "Oh look, Gazardiel/Xan/Taharie/The Wraiths/The blood mages did some magical achievement/defeated a bad guy/good guy." or "This person gained x magical ability because their aenguldaemon said they needed it to fight the big bad guy." 

And where do the nations stand in that? "Turn up to this pve event and watch our cool magical group we pander to do some rp while you click mobs."

Plus 10

Issue: The Lore team has very often proved completely unwilling (or downright against) to work with player bases to even a minimal extent when their lore is in tatters with no functional components. (Even when their own failings in their own team produced such.) [Re: Runesmithing/Dwarven Lore in general]. 

Its very clear that the lore team as it has been structured for about one year has not be capable of handling racial/subracial lore. We can all clearly remember when the lore team quite literally dwarven history and its racial magics with massive failures to implement even a single dungeon past novermber 2014, ultimately leaving the throne of Urguan himself destroyed and the build never even completed.

Ultimately, the dwarves just had to rely upon what Dizzy did at the time as a ET manager (and eventually just a GM.)

As such,  its my firm belief that player bases themselves should get a say in their own histories and contribute the ''communal storytelling'' that is role playing. Indeed, the focus of the lore team should be writing lore relevant to the player bases themselves rather than of pandering to smaller magic groups.

Instead of expanding the original lore the team just focuses on progressing a story like its some sort of book about the next cool character individual character (that will invevitably be played by a GM.) I'm fairly sure a lot of people are tired of you just making stuff specifically relating to the new flavor of aenguldaemon/dark nasty.

They would prefer to have lore relevant to their characters own histories and stories. Many nations have large player bases who would love to contribute and interact with their own histories but are forced to just go "Oh look, Gazardiel/Xan/Taharie/The Wraiths/The blood mages did some magical achievement/defeated a bad guy/good guy." or "This person gained x magical ability because their aenguldaemon said they needed it to fight the big bad guy." 

And where do the nations stand in that? "Turn up to this pve event and watch our cool magical group we pander to do some rp while you click mobs."

My god, thank you.

but writing things that reach back prior to the server's beginning ages (dating around 1300-something, which was like 2011 or 4 years ago) should remain in the hands of the Lore Team. 

I'm not the most informed individual to discuss this dwarven issue, as I wasn't an LM in Athera, so I'll abstain from comments on that. However, I'm quite certain matters pertaining to builds, such as these dungeons and Urguan's throne, do not fall under LT jurisdiction. There are ETB, or event team builders, alongside GMs for that matter. If it was an issue of coordination, I'd reckon the point's valid but, again, I won't go into it.

Everything you believe here is already in place, and the statement of mine that you disagree with isn't opposing your ideas. Players may indeed record and write their own histories- I only said it was neat if people made up their own perceived, though false, origin stories. Otherwise, there's four IRL years of room, or 200+ IC years to work with if people want to write history, because that's all the history they've had access to. Trying to inject ones' own cultural lore into a subrace and trying to turn it into actual (pre-Aegis) history, however, is not warranted based on the fact we've already been doing it and that to just invite someone else's work into a developed project would mush and dilute what already exists as canon. 

So, the point is this: if you want to write lore for your subrace or culture in a factual means, you have 200+ IC years of player-made history to work off of. If you want to produce pre-Aegis history for your subrace or cultural, you're free to do so under the premise that it's not exactly true. If you want to implement actual pre-Aegis canon for your subrace or culture, you may contact the LT to see if it's possible. If it isn't, it's just the case that what you present clashes too much with what already exists. It's shitty to say tough luck, but I'm not gonna dance around it.

It's simply the responsibility of the LT to handle matters like origin stories among other things, like antagonist lore design or something in that general spectrum, what have you. It's like the Church of Canon/the Creationist movement which has lasted for years in the human playerbase; it required no confirmation, OOC or IC, in order for it's gears to start turning and for players to latch onto it and implement it into their regular roleplay. Are Creationist theories and doctrines correct? Well, eh, I dunno, but it sure as hell has made an impact whether or not it's all legitimate in the end. 

I'm fairly sure a lot of people are tired of you just making stuff specifically relating to the new flavor of aenguldaemon/dark nasty.

This just seems presumptuous and probably derived from the fact that our recent public work had taken the form of vague server-wide events that had so happened to have terrorized people. It's wrong, and our attention has been focused on certain subracial lore for some time now, which I'm not at the liberty to speak of but probably imply what it is quite clearly at this point.

If you want to talk about shitty PvE events or bad lore management by the LT, this isn't really the place to do it, though.  

As much I am intrigued by the elven lore presented, I have to agree with Swgrclan in that accepting this as canon lore from pre-played history is cheap. As effective keeper of the Orenian bible, all of its stories and mythos are something that I would prefer not being confirmed or denied as with most player-writ ancient lore. Instead of having a LM confirm it and enforce it OOCly, the option of spreading your legend in RP to the point where it becomes virtual fact is more realistic, organic, and satisfying. 

As much I am intrigued by the elven lore presented, I have to agree with Swgrclan in that accepting this as canon lore from pre-played history is cheap. As effective keeper of the Orenian bible, all of its stories and mythos are something that I would prefer not being confirmed or denied as with most player-writ ancient lore. Instead of having a LM confirm it and enforce it OOCly, the option of spreading your legend in RP to the point where it becomes virtual fact is more realistic, organic, and satisfying. 

That's what we're doing regardless. Our aim isn't to canonize every single minute detail, historical figure and legend. It's simply to set it up so there was a time period when wood elves lived in forest tribes. A base setting to which everything else can develop.

In that case, I've got no quarrel with it. While details should be disputable in order to facilitate roleplay and the realism in lost histories, broad strokes to give context shouldn't be an issue.

If you want to implement actual pre-Aegis canon for your subrace or culture, you may contact the LT to see if it's possible. If it isn't, it's just the case that what you present clashes too much with what already exists. It's shitty to say tough luck, but I'm not gonna dance around it.

We're in the lore submissions sub-forum, yeah? So, I don't see how this isn't in a way contacting the Lore Team to see if this lore may be possible. Also, I truly don't see how it clashes with what exists but that's mostly because I don't know where I should be looking, the wiki (that the LT was originally made to look after)? Not much information in the time period Leo is talking about. The forums? Nothing. Oh, am I to privately message a Lore Keeper/Master? 

There is nothing wrong with this piece being implemented, it's giving some sort of history that can be used to develop cultures off of and it is also simple enough to be molded (RPly) to suit the needs of any wood elf (or descendant of).

We're in the lore submissions sub-forum, yeah? So, I don't see how this isn't in a way contacting the Lore Team to see if this lore may be possible. Also, I truly don't see how it clashes with what exists but that's mostly because I don't know where I should be looking, the wiki (that the LT was originally made to look after)? Not much information in the time period Leo is talking about. The forums? Nothing. Oh, am I to privately message a Lore Keeper/Master?

There is nothing wrong with this piece being implemented, it's giving some sort of history that can be used to develop cultures off of and it is also simple enough to be molded (RPly) to suit the needs of any wood elf (or descendant of).

As someone who was here for the majority of Aegis and has done a lot of research into elven history, I might be able to lend a hand. The only piece of confirmed piece of elven lore that survived The Great Collapse is Nature's Gift, a poem written by Malin. Otherwise, there isn't really a lot.

The lore can't be accepted in it's current form, so it'll be moved to denied. Though, we will work with the lore creators to try and incorporate this lore into the already made one. I advise you make a skype chat for this, talk to a few LMs to add them to the chat, so that communication can work best.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.