[✗] [Lore] Era of the Seeds

WuHanXianShi14

Essentially, I would like This Following Piece of Lore to be adapted into the canonical history of the elves.

If you didn't read the whole thing, I'll sum it up for you.

• From the time of Malin's disappearance and when the mali'ker and mali'aheral split off the main body of elves, to the founding of Laurelin in Aegis, the mali'ame lived in many tribal bands called 'Seeds' which roamed about the forests of ancient Malinor.
  • These seeds RARELY skirmished with one another and were very un-united, conflicts, when they happened, were rarely bloody
  • These seeds worshipped the Aspects as their chief dieties, and revered Malin- seeing themselves as the last true followers of his teachings
  • The ones who held the most influence over the ancient Wood elf seeds were druids, purely wood elven at the time.
  • Wood elves were capable of great feats of tree farming, growing groves called "ame'llie" where they harvested specially grown trees with special properties (much like one would selectively breed corn, or bananas over thousands of years to make them edible, wood elves would do the same with trees to make their bark/wood softer or harder and etc)
  • The Era of the Seeds would have been LARGELY PEACEFUL. I put emphasis on Watylls writing, which was during an era of great turbulance, but most of this millenia long era was peaceful, with very little fighting.

Please do not refuse to confirm or deny this as canon. I implore the LT to sit down with me and help me implement this into server lore. I have poured many hours into making the wood elves interesting and distinct, culturally, and it means a lot to me. I would appreciate the time, recognition and trust to be let in on at least some that hidden elf lore and have a hand in shaping the playerbase I've worked so hard in building.

We're the only major race that lacks a solid "origin story". In fact, we know little to nothing about actual ancient wood elf history, since the lore team keeps it largely secret from us.

This is a big deal.

It may seem trivial to you, but when a playerbase puts a lot of effort into the history/culture and origins of a place and gets told none of it is canon, it can be seriously demoralizing and can anger them. Look at what happened when Oren was told Aeldin wasn't real, and to RP it as simply a made up story IC. It ruins the point, it takes the fun out of it.

Think what a big and important role other race's origin stories and ancient history play into their cultures and day-to-day RP. The Kha and Metzli's creation of them is absolutely integral to their RP. The high elves, with their golden pools which also form a super important part of what gives them personality and differentiates them. The Dwarves, who historically have Khorvad's empire and a ton of rich ancient history lore to base their RP off of.

While I don't know how much of ancient orc history is known, they have so much lore behind them in Shamanism (an exclusive racial magic, mostly) and so many spirits and such which gives orc culture builders like ilikefooddude a huge pool of knowledge to enrich his playerbase with, something wood elves simply don't have right now.

Knowing your race's ancient origins and history can help immeasurably in enrichening even the most mundane of RP.

Now, I know that even if it what we poured our efforts into isn't canon, we could RP the history we've spent so much time fleshing out as "IC belief" (which sucks. see: aeldin), however- it generally means more when we know something actually happened canonically, that we didnt just OOCly invent a bunch of stories so we could have a clumsily thrown together culture, but instead contributed to actually writing a part of server lore, something we can work off of to make our daily RP all the more meaningful.

Please don't just instantly shut me down and dismiss this. This means a lot to me and a lot of other wood elf RPers that we be given the means to flesh out our culture more.

Edited by 吳憾戰士14

Please, he's actually doing real good here by giving us a culture; something we haven't had.

I don't play a wood elf, but yeah. Yes please.

I have to agree with Td. Leo has been putting a lot of effort into this these past few months, along with a little help from a few of the other Wood Elves. It's been done really well and I do believe this should really be considered. 

LMs, I implore you to accept this.

Yes please. Fits with what I've always assumed about Wood Elven lore and fits with how I've RP'd Kaelin's wood elven upbringing. Support, definitely.

I like the culture of the lore, the only thing that had me 'erk' in a way or pushed my buttons was reading.

When the world was young, the Creator made the Aspects. While the Aspects created the wild world, the animals, plants, the sea and sky… The Creator gave birth to his final creations. Man and woman. Man and woman had four sons, one of whom was Malin. Malin, the fair haired, wisest of the brothers, sired his children - the elves, also known as Mali.

I'm not sure if you mean this in lore or just IC history story telling but the creator has never been said to exist lore wise, only believed to be.

Otherwise it's good lore.

I'm sorry, I have to disagree.

Its far, far too late in the server to implement something so drastically world changing, something that literally enforces the history on all wood elves, regardless of their own history.

It would be much more preferable if you removed the word "all" entirely from the lore. If this applied to some subset of Elves I would not mind; However, by enforcing it onto all wood elves, you are effectively choking out the implementation of further cultural lore because you are claiming an incredibly long span of time and effectively saying that only what is listed here occurred to the elves during that time. That, in my opinion, greatly stifles creativity and the ability of other users to create further lore for the wood elves and their history. Lore shouldn't, in my opinion, limit the abilities of others to create lore over such a long period of time.

Just because many wood elves followed this history does not mean literally every single one, if you play a wood elf and do not want this to be part of your history it is quite simple to say how or why. This is for the majority of wood elven players who roleplay within that nation and from seeing the wood elves go from a joke of 'WHAT CULTURE HAHA' to actually being identifiable I would even alter my own backstory to accommodate this further enriched lore. 

I would support this with full confidence in Leo,HAIL ASPECTS!