[Warclaim] The Sacking of the North Coast

Narthok

“That fat pen wielding coward in Felsen needs his guts spilt for the crows.”

-Eirik “The Savage” Thorsson

Edvard Thorsson sat on his throne in the Frostholm mead hall watching his warriors revel in a feast of ale, mead and roast. He rubs his muddy boots on the carpet of captured Orenian banners that adorn the foot of his throne the banner of the Brotherhood of Horen receiving particularly thorough attention. “Lads” shouted Edvard, “Shut the **** up for a minute and let me talk”. The hall quieted with all becoming still as the bearded man clad in Red Plate with a thick wolfskin pelt stood to address them. “I’m sure you’re all aware of the crushing defeat the filthy hordes of the empire have suffered on the field of battle”. He smiled his white teeth glistening through the tangled blackness of his beard “It is interesting that the supposed ‘leaders’ of this horde are nowhere to be seen. No doubt they cower behind the massive walls of Felsen, that cesspool of filth, cowardice and worst of all… weakness. Now you all know how we feel about weakness” The large man would chuckle motioning to the piled bodies of the dead raiders in the corner of the hall.  “Let us take the fight to them, while our Dwarven allies hold off the hordes in the south, let us burn their precious city to the ground.” The hall erupted as both unbloodied initiate and hardened veteran went wild, hurling assorted cutlery and foodstuffs around the hall in a fit of passion. Chants of “ICE FROM IRON, IRON FROM ICE” could be heard echoing throughout the frozen wastes of Norland as the rugged Northmen flooded from their halls to their ships.

Shortly after the revelry great black birds with stripes of red painted on their wings could be seen flying south bearing summons of the Southern Fleet to Avor. Additional birds could be seen flying south bearing the simple message “Now is the TIme”.

The Great Fleet of the Southern Alliance would soon set out from Avor..

WARCLAIM DETAILS

TYPE OF BATTLE: Pillage / Conquest depending on what happens

TIME: Saturday the 12th of December, 10pm GMT, 5pm EST, 2pm PST

ATTACKERS: The Southern Alliance Fleet

DEFENDERS: The Citizens of the empire

64c11cfb77852dca70f6cd3bfaf0c704.png

7aa434a6bd101c93fcc92c28dcff45a1.png

TERMS OF VICTORY:

VICTORY FOR ATTACKERS-

Resistance is defeated

VICTORY FOR DEFENDERS-

Attackers are killed or driven from the battle area.

REWARDS:

Fleet Victory

• The two populated areas on the inner coast will be sacked and suffer heavy damage with the majority of valuables in the area being taken as loot. All Orenian ships in the harbours of these two locations will be pirated by the Alliance.

• If no or token amounts of resistance are provided then the Fleet will instead occupy the attacked regions.

Oren Victory

The area will be non-war claimable for two weeks.

RULES:

-No status switching.

-All LOTC rules.

-If the defenders are not present the cities will be occupied by Alliance forces.

-TNT Enabled

-No modifications following the posting of this warclaim, this is a surprise attack from the sea

- No items may be moved from the targeted locations following the posting of this warclaim.

Edited by Narthok

1. A skirmish comes before a conquest/pillage Warclaim.
2. For the sake of clarity which ports are you using to attack from, I assume Dwarf. Need a picture though.
3. TNT will not be allowed explosive don't work in water silly.
4. Attacking 2 regions requires 2 Warclaims, please post the other.

Posting on behalf of Esterlen because he's drunk as **** and possibly dead, but he's penned this response for you anyway. Emperor John puts a quill to paper, penning a concise response.

"Oh Thorsson,

Dwarven devil and damned Devil's kith and kin, secretary to Charles Bono himself. What the Devil kind of knight are you, that you can't slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil shits, and your army eats. You will not, you son of a *****, make subject of Canonist sons. We've no fear of your army, and by land and sea we will battle with thee - go and **** your mother.

You Lucienist wheelwright, you Urguanite scullion, brewer of Avar, goat-fucker of Frostholm, swineherd of King Rhewen, pig of Outremer, Dwarven thief, catamite of Adunia, hangman of Kal'Akash, and fool of all the world and the underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Devil, and the bend in our ****. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, go and **** your mother.

So the Imperial declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for us Canonists. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date, and don't own a calendar, the moon's in the sky, the year with our Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there - for this, you may kiss our arse."

((OOC REPLY:

This warclaim is rejected for a number of reasons.

1. You need to give us at least five days warning before a WC. There is a 5 day grace period. You have failed to do this, you pig.

2. You cannot warclaim at the same time as an existing warclaim. The existing one, which has been in existence since Sunday, takes precedence. As the Fat Controller in Thomas the Tank Engine once said, "You are wrong."

3. Oren has the initiative in this war. You do not. So you cannot make this warclaim without my consent. Regards, Rhys.

I am sorry if this is ineloquent, because I am dead. Thank you xox

Edited by RedBench
spacing was not sufficient

The warclaim at this time stands as denied. There are some points wrong with it but the main are as stand - 

First - warclaims should be posted further in advance, especially when there is already a WC scheduled for the same time and date. This makes things hard to get people to moderate both battles as people may have plans and as such short notice as given are most likely committed too. This at the earliest should have been posted 5 days before.

Second - You were originally told not to post this by Pandan who will likely have his own response coming afterward.

Third - There has been no collaboration between both parties at all.

Forth - TYPE OF BATTLE: Pillage / Conquest depending on what happens

It is either a Pillage, or a warclaim not either or. One can and will not go "It's a pillage!" then turn and go "It's in our favor so it's a conquest!" Straight up not going to happen, especially since there has been no collaboration with the other party as stated in reason three.

While I understand I shouldn't post as a nation leader I do have a point to make as a member of the privy of Oren.

Narthok's dwarven aligned group do not maintain the initiative in the war, as the Orenian forces have won all battles before hand. As such, they shouldn't be able to warclaim the empire until they do win the initiative.

Edited by Lima

The warclaim at this time stands as denied. There are some points wrong with it but the main are as stand - 

First - warclaims should be posted further in advance, especially when there is already a WC scheduled for the same time and date. This makes things hard to get people to moderate both battles as people may have plans and as such short notice as given are most likely committed too. This at the earliest should have been posted 5 days before.

Second - You were originally told not to post this by Pandan who will likely have his own response coming afterward.

Third - There has been no collaboration between both parties at all.

Forth - TYPE OF BATTLE: Pillage / Conquest depending on what happens

It is either a Pillage, or a warclaim not either or. One can and will not go "It's a pillage!" then turn and go "It's in our favor so it's a conquest!" Straight up not going to happen, especially since there has been no collaboration with the other party as stated in reason three.

1. Why do they need an advance warning? The opposing nation already has agreed to rally the majority of their forces in order to attack the dwarves in the south and are therefore ready for battle.

2. I spoke with Fireheart concerning simultaneous warclaims and he asked Pandann and said that it would be fine. Pandann said that we were not able to do a warclaim without posting to the forums despite the opposing faction rallying. To be honest this seems incredibly foolish as it results in meta. Why are commanders obligated to alert their enemies of the location of an attack.

3. I feel like you should update yourself on the conduct of certain orenian leaders and their treatment of dwarven leaders. The fact that this has been straight up denied with no rp reasoning at all is frankly incredibly foolish. Were multiple battles to take place at the same time then you would significantly reduce lag while dynamicizing warfare.

4. Yes it can be either, if no defenders show up then what would drive the pillagers to leave when they can just chill in the fat green lands of the south. Deciding the outcome of what should be a 'dynamic' scenario completely removes any influence from the hands of the average player. Why are staff installing so many OOC barriers to roleplay instead of just letting things happen and taking things case by case. 

((OOC REPLY:

This warclaim is rejected for a number of reasons.

1. You need to give us at least five days warning before a WC. There is a 5 day grace period. You have failed to do this, you pig.

2. You cannot warclaim at the same time as an existing warclaim. The existing one, which has been in existence since Sunday, takes precedence. As the Fat Controller in Thomas the Tank Engine once said, "You are wrong."

3. Oren has the initiative in this war. You do not. So you cannot make this warclaim without my consent. Regards, Rhys.

I am sorry if this is ineloquent, because I am dead. Thank you xox

1. Both sides have already agree to be online for the siege warclaim soo... why do you need a five day grace period, this is supposed to be a lightning assault. Also love you too esterlen <3

2. Why can simultaneous warclaims not exist, explain why a nation cannot attack multiple locations at once? I believe this is called strategy? 

3. Oren has lost every conflict in the warzone a 'victory' won by killing the unstatused, criting people lagging so bad they cannot lose and something about a kill auraing olog should not count. However it is unlikely that staff will recall such a decision so I will justify the attack in other ways. I believe it has been said that the best defence is a good offense, what does Oren have to block the approach of the fleet. Some high morale northern savages decided to take their ships and burn the empire to the ground while they were away that is literally what this is.

While I understand I shouldn't post as a nation leader I do have a point to make as a member of the privy of Oren.

Narthok's dwarven aligned group to not maintain initiative in the war, as the Orenian forces have won all battles before hand. As such, they shouldn't be able to warclaim the empire until they do win the initiative.

Initiative, the Red Boys have consistently crushed Oren forces in the trenches. The vast majority of the guys that were at the warclaim didn't even see the enemy because they relogged to the respawn screen having never left the trench we started in. Me I was killed by some random caliphate elves from my own side. This initiative concept is seriously foolish. They have the morale to attack they have the route to attack. It would be one thing if we were attacking overland through the orenian siege camp but they are attacking from Avor to the northern coast.

1. A skirmish comes before a conquest/pillage Warclaim.
2. For the sake of clarity which ports are you using to attack from, I assume Dwarf. Need a picture though.
3. TNT will not be allowed explosive don't work in water silly.
4. Attacking 2 regions requires 2 Warclaims, please post the other.

In response to DrakeHaze, the Red Brothers live on the island of Avor in the middle of the Avor sea ever day they take boats to the warfront then sail home after they've won. There is literally nothing blocking their approach to the outlined targets and the demand for a skirmish is a delaying tactic in the same thread as ww2buff99's bullshit since there exists no Orenian navy to speak of.

Why do you need a picture of the Port, how does that affect anything?

Why would tnt not be allowed how else are they supposed to blow open the gates? The ships are used to carry the soldiers to the enemy city so that the city can be raided, fascinating concept I know but I believed it was very popular with a certain group of historical northmen.

Warclaims are intended to allow two factions to come to agreements about time and date why are two required when the same information is provided herein. Seems like a waste of time and an endorsement of more useless bureaucratic nonsense to bog dog rp.