The forums have been updated to IPS Community Version 4.2.2 - We're still working on improving the theme for everyone to enjoy so please hang tight. We will also hopefully have new features soon to share with you all.

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ImCookiie

Nexus Inventory Wipe

12 posts in this topic

I understand this topic has been discussed multiple times but as I have been recently affected by it, I wish to state my opinion on it and hear others' also.

-=-

Today  I was roaming on the server, situated at The Docks when a modreq I had made was answered while I was afk. I'm unsure how others have lost their items but I simply right-clicked on the paper within my hotbar; this freezing and not responding for about 3-4 clicks. After it did not work, I deemed it broken and carried my path until I realized my whole inventory was wiped seconds after "Nexus" refused to work.

I also attempted to do both commands I had previously seen on a thread /menudebug and /menufixme to no avail as the only message of survival I received was:

W6CCVIA.png

After many "Oh my god."'s to the people within my Skype call, I realized it was best fit for me to make a Forum Post; This also originating from the fact that I could not take into action any commands, this including /modreq. I would've been fine to wait for the next server restart, as suggested by a friend but since that remains a few hours away, I thought best to spend the time well and create this thread.

I understand this problem is not an easy fix but staff should become more lenient at this time and refund players whom have lost their items.

As for example, my inventory consisted of items which took nearly the whole day to achieve, not only through RP but OOC discussion and many Minae, etc; I plead staff members take this into consideration and are able to refund not only my items but the items of many others. I understand this may difficult but I believe the code [[ shown further up ]] should be evidence that we have fallen into such situation and in reasonable terms, players should receive all items lost.

I do understand the problem that may come with this as players may attempt to gain more than they had but I don't believe many would that. [[ You won't. . . Right? ]]

To truly show the problematic nature of this bug, I will provide a list of the items I lost today under a Spoiler, ( since my inventory held gifts for some whom will hopefully not look in it.)

• 1 Iron Pickaxe; 1 Iron Shovel; 1 Iron Axe
  • 1 Iron Sword ( Sharpness I )
  • 1 Bow ( Infinity I, Power I, 50% Arrow Velocity)
  • 1 Chainmail Helmet; 1 Iron Chestplate; 1 Iron Leggings; 1 Iron Boots ( All withholding Protection I )
  • 2 Diamond Hoes ( Both withholding Unbreaking I )
  • 2 Player Heads ( Codes: J20 & N22 )
  • Some random rotten meat 

As you can clearly see and imagine, most of these [[ although not all were made today ]] take an incredible amount of time and Minae to muster up and I wish only to get them back. If anything, players should have others vouch for them ( as I do Maruthir whom looked at my Inventory last) before they are given their items back.

I apologize for the sheer size of this post but I hope to have gotten the message across.

Thank you.

Has happened to me as well.

Yeah, it did state "Don't try to do such with custom heads in your inventory." They refuse to hand back our stuff, tough luck to all of us, it seems.

You're not going to get your items back. Did you even read the new post which is called "[Read me] Nexus-glitch"?

I did indeed the read the post. Nowhere did it claim that Staff were not refunding items; of course it did not state they would but I don't see a problem in exposing the growing problem and hope only for some companionship.

Also, I would like to add that I did not use /me specifically, Nexus has become a force-of-habit thing that we're all used to doing when checking for Staff members and alike.

Again, no problem in trying!

Did you screenshot the items you lost, as your word cannot be the only thing to go by, if you don't then too bad. Glitches are fun.

Has happened to me as well.

Ditto

Yeah, it did state "Don't try to do such with custom heads in your inventory." They refuse to hand back our stuff, tough luck to all of us, it seems.

It's not that we refuse to give back your items, we are deeply sorry that you're losing entire inventories but since it occurred as a result of a local crash we have no way to verify the lost items. ;-;

Accessing the Nexus-Menu in general will lead to this issue, very sorry guys––we are working to correct this.

It's not that we refuse to give back your items, we are deeply sorry that you're losing entire inventories but since it occurred as a result of a local crash we have no way to verify the lost items. ;-;

Accessing the Nexus-Menu in general will lead to this issue, very sorry guys––we are working to correct this.

And if someone were to screenshot the incident as if was happening? What then?

I think they should remove the nexus plugin until it is fixed so no more people will fall victim to this bug.

This players questions have been answered and the situation resolved. Should you wish to have this reopened, please PM me your reasons why it should be so.