Narthok

“That fat pen wielding coward in Felsen needs his guts spilt to the crows.”

-Eirik “The Savage” Thorsson

Edvard Thorsson sat on his throne in the Frostholm mead hall watching his warriors revel in a feast of ale, mead and roast. He rubs his muddy boots on the carpet of captured Orenian banners that adorn the foot of his throne the banner of the Brotherhood of Horen receiving particularly thorough attention. “Lads” shouted Edvard, “Shut the **** up for a minute and let me talk”. The hall quieted with all becoming still as the bearded man clad in Red Plate with a thick wolfskin pelt stood to address them. “I’m sure you’re all aware of the crushing defeat the filthy hordes of the empire have suffered on the field of battle”. He smiled his white teeth glistening through the tangled blackness of his beard “It is interesting that the supposed ‘leaders’ of this horde are nowhere to be seen. No doubt they cower behind the massive walls of Felsen, that cesspool of filth, cowardice and worst of all… weakness. Now you all know how we feel about weakness” The large man would chuckle motioning to the piled bodies of the dead raiders in the corner of the hall.  “Let us take the fight to them, while our Dwarven allies hold off the hordes in the south, let us burn their precious city to the ground.” The hall erupted as both unbloodied initiate and hardened veteran went wild, hurling assorted cutlery and foodstuffs around the hall in a fit of passion. Chants of “ICE FROM IRON, IRON FROM ICE” could be heard echoing throughout the frozen wastes of Norland as the rugged Northmen flooded from their halls to their ships.

Shortly after the revelry great black birds with stripes of red painted on their wings could be seen flying south bearing summons of the Southern Fleet to Avor. Additional birds could be seen flying south bearing the simple message “Now is the TIme”.

The Great Fleet of the Southern Alliance would soon set out from Avor..

WARCLAIM DETAILS

TYPE OF BATTLE: Conquest

TIME: Saturday the 19th of December, 10pm GMT, 5pm EST, 2pm PST

ATTACKERS: The Southern Alliance Fleet

DEFENDERS: The Citizens of the empire

64c11cfb77852dca70f6cd3bfaf0c704.png

TERMS OF VICTORY:

VICTORY FOR ATTACKERS-

Resistance is defeated

VICTORY FOR DEFENDERS-

Attackers are killed or driven from the battle area.

REWARDS:

Fleet Victory

• Felsen will be sacked and suffer heavy damage with the majority of valuables in the area being taken as loot. All Orenian ships in the harbour will be pirated by the Alliance.

Oren Victory

• The area will be non-war claimable for two weeks.

RULES:

-No status switching.

-All LOTC rules.

-TNT Enabled

-No modifications following the posting of this warclaim, this is a surprise attack from the sea

- No items may be moved from the targeted locations following the posting of this warclaim.

-No additional ships may be constructed following the posting of this warclaim

Edited by Narthok

As the Fat Controller once said (And as your signature so displays), you are wrong.

1.) You've communicated nothing to me about any of this.

2.) Your side are on the defensive on this war, and don't have leave to make random warclaims for that reason. I'm not even going to go into the intricacies of the situation if that **** was permitted.

3.) This is at the same time as an existing warclaim, and ours was posted first, thereby gaining precedence. First come, first served. So in the words of Sigismund Dijkstra, no deal. 

4.) Moreover, a skirmish is required before any conquest to obtain initiative. 

5.) You're not even a nation, Narthok. You're a guild. I don't even know why I have to justify you not being able to WC us for this reason - everything is just impossible with you.

If the powers at be would be so kind as to lock this topic.

As the Fat Controller once said (And as your signature so displays), you are wrong.

1.) You've communicated nothing to me about any of this.

2.) Your side are on the defensive on this war, and don't have leave to make random warclaims for that reason. I'm not even going to go into the intricacies of the situation if that **** was permitted.

3.) This is at the same time as an existing warclaim, and ours was posted first, thereby gaining precedence. First come, first served. So in the words of Sigismund Dijkstra, no deal. 

4.) Moreover, a skirmish is required before any conquest to obtain initiative. 

5.) You're not even a nation, Narthok. You're a guild. I don't even know why I have to justify you not being able to WC us for this reason - everything is just impossible with you.

If the powers at be would be so kind as to lock this topic.

Shall we perhaps discuss this in teamspeak or skype, I don't feel like bickering with you through text

I do not understand why you think you can go against this https://gyazo.com/74e750c63c2da7204d7b7d04008d8656 we have initiative not you. Furthermore four years of WC precedent goes against this WC, you are a guild fighting on the side of Dwarfs you are not even a Nation. 

I do not understand why you think you can go against this https://gyazo.com/74e750c63c2da7204d7b7d04008d8656 we have initiative not you. Furthermore four years of WC precedent goes against this WC, you are a guild fighting on the side of Dwarfs you are not even a Nation. 

Let us discuss this in skype or teamspeak. Also there is nothing blocking the path of the Avor fleet, there is no navy to speak of and the warclaim is endorsed by Rhewen in the similar fashion that the Gashbluudz warband was endorsed by the1bow.

Let us discuss this in skype or teamspeak. Also there is nothing blocking the path of the Avor fleet, there is no navy to speak of and the warclaim is endorsed by Rhewen in the similar fashion that the Gashbluudz warband was endorsed by the1bow.

This is not about you being endorsed or not in the Gashblood war-claim we won initiative in the war vs snelfs we started it we were not launching and offensive when we did not have initiative. Rhewen does not have initiative in the war to endorse anyone or move to counter attack until you gain initiative you simply cannot launch a counter assault.

This rule just states that you need to have a field skirmish before you siege and conquest stuff. It doesn't use the word 'initiative' at all. There has never been a stated rule that you cannot counter-attack. It makes enough sense in roleplay that oren's weak naval front could be attacked.

Perhaps, as a compromise, those who are stowed on boats attacking Felsen cannot attend the siege in the valley of flowers?

The warclaims are intended to happen at the exact same time in order to properly represent the blitz nature of the assault. Hopefully this will have the added side effect of drastically reducing player concentration in one area massively decreasing lag in combat.

Think of this as the pacific theatre to the dwarves european theatre

Edited by Narthok

89e79717f6945f68dc418d9dbf11718e.png

Staff, I have been blocked on skype by the Orenian leadership unfortunately so if a GM could help me arrange that and come to a reasonable compromise that would be appreciated.

Since this is a Warclaim endorsed by the Dwarves, and the Dwarves are being pushed back and have no initiative in the War this Warclaim cannot go through as it just ignores the current Warclaim rules. Speaking of Naval battles, would it be more convenient for everyone if the Dwarven docks were warclaimed today?

Adding a rule at the suggestion of Oodles, we ask that no additional ships be constructed following the posting of this warclaim

Right, so I will be speaking on the behalf of Dan and the GM team in this verdict. This warclaim will be denied from the standpoint of it being a conquest on the capital without any other warclaim prior to it. With nothing set up for the attacking forces as an initiative to do such actions. Please refer to the war rules here. https://gyazo.com/74e750c63c2da7204d7b7d04008d8656 

There was a light discussion about this between the team and at this moment the war system is not set up to handle warclaims happening at consecutive times. It would be unwise for new implications to be made into the system that goes on top of battle worlds and PvP-Zones. We are making leaps and bounds to getting to that point, but from what has been said from the defensive party they are in disagreement with this warclaim as well, from the standpoint of it being factored in as an additional rule, or rather term, to agree with.

I will ensure that after this war we will be looking into the concept, as I have been already, but we are not to that bridge yet. Apologizes if this does not sit well, but this is after much discussion and consideration amongst the GM team. I am free to speak with you on Skype about it Narthok if you so desire.

As a side note for general knowledge TnT is banned from being used in the capitals.