[Playable Creature]Augurs of Yeu Rthulu

Quavinir_Twiceborn

After reading this I find the concept of these Augurs quite interesting. Considering what I roleplay these days I think that I'd be able to have cool interactions with one of these creatures if they were ever implemented and I came across one during roleplay. I do like how these specific creatures cannot be abused by the lore stated meaning it'll be very easy to moderate which is a godsend to GM's and other teams. 

I think personally for those who RP both characters who follow light or dark paths and even neutral would be able to have fun and most importantly new and interesting interactions with these constructs due to their nature as ambassadors and helpers to the descendants.

I don't have much of an opinion on this lore. Could you tell me what this will add to RP, if accepted? Why does the Aengul waste all its power and energy into creating a creature like this?
To sum up these questions and more:

1) What does this add to RP?

The Augurs (in my opinion) bring something that has been truly lacking on the server, an actual /good/ force.

Every single type of creature currently one's able to be is either neutral, or bad. Even magics! Not one /goodguy/ group or creature. Likewise, currently every playable magic group on the server is either neutral (IE: the druids, though there has been so many either greatly unkind, to evil druids I've seen that the druids as a whole cant really be called good.), or has a vendetta against another. (IE: The Ascended, Tahariae Clerics, Xan Paladins, all want to purge things.)

Likewise, this creates both something new and interesting for characters to interact with.  What will people doe when an augur /wont/ help them attack something? What will they do interacting with this creature? Will they trust it as it's previous self? Will they want to listen to it's guidance? And even moreso, none of this roleplay is centered around /COMBAT/. They're something that /isn't/ gonna spend 90% of their time shanking you, but actually rather talking, and doing things.

Likewise, it allows the player to explore what being without anger is like in their daily life, and in their glorified body. What would usually enrage them would rather confuse or sadden them, 

2) Why does the Aengul waste its power to make these things?

Firstly, Yeu Rthulu is a compassionate aengul. The strictures she sent down apparently (Have to say that due to the LT) were made  to help make the lives of the descendants that follow them /better/, not to make them live a holy life, but a happy one. 

The aengul  uses its power as to enlighten those that come seeking it, to relieve them from their anger and hatred, and turn them into literal ambassadors of her will. Living examples of the joy and freedom the strictures give. Likewise, the form of an augur is a fair bit durable, and will help keep the few followers she has, and will have in the future from such an easy demise.

3) Why would someone want to become this?

The Augurs allow a player to be able to play something new, and interesting. It allows them to play as an actual good creature (as I've specified above with all the new things with 'what does this add to RP)

4) What are the drawbacks to this lore, which is basically a way to become 'special'? (Call me cynical if you wish, but I'm just being neutral)

Along with all the weaknesses listed in the red lines, the Augurs (Both in glorified body, and normal one) cannot take part in raids, warclaims, or any sort of villainous roleplay. THEY PHYSICALLY are not allowed to be villainous. Wanting to get back at that guy who called you mean names? Well, you cant. Want to teach those ruffians a lesson? You cant. Want to go and hunt down those necros and show 'em whose boss?... Still cant.

5) Why write this lore? (You may have answered some of this previously

I wrote this lore  as to provide a new RP experience, to fill a hole I believe that has been made with every single 'good group' infact having a vendetta against evil (And now the removal of the one 'good' group on the server, whom werent really 'good' as par to their removal),  and to open up the specter racial bonus to players, as only locked groups have access to it.

With all this in mind, you've my resounding +1! Btw, question 3) was more geared towards the IC reasoning :)

With all this in mind, you've my resounding +1! Btw, question 3) was more geared towards the IC reasoning :)

Oh, well...

ICly, if ya' look, its kinda an enlightenment thingy that the Augur-becoming person doesnt really have a choice in...

My initial response to this, when Quav first shared with me the lore, is what would be the initiative to play these. Overall, they don't have anything special, other than having specter powers. They cannot partake in conflict RP. They literally just float around and be happy. On multiple occasions, even before this lore came out, I have encouraged Quav to make the followers of Yeu Rthulu have some sort of advantage of other magics, which he has stubbornly refused to in favor of peaceful, friendly roleplay

Then I remembered one of my favorite roleplay encounters with a band of leprechauns - excuse me, red-haired halflings with magical goods and wore green - in Anthos. They were silly, and happy, and peaceful, and I got a "magic" blanket out of it. I realized that it is the peaceful, special, unique interactions I have that are truly memorable, not a paladin magicking a sword into existence, a cleric making a blinding light (though I do enjoy healing RP immensely), or a fire evocationist focusing on their palm until flame bursts into existence.

Augurs provide that. Imagine them having a small shrine in a village, where they just talk about the strictures and float about and be happy. Go to them for advice. Go to them for prayer. Players will remember these guys. They provide a unique magical holy experience. And they aren't guild-locked!

+1. Look forward to the RP these guys provide.

My word doesn't mean much, and it carries even less factual weight to it, most of the time, but objectively speaking, I've seen a lot of Aengulic lore even in my few days, and that alone would've made me dislike a lot of the things that as much as concern our resident deificates. But as much as I can drive myself to dislike a bigarse deity and at times, or an LM taking a little bit too much enjoyance out of the privileges granted to them as their creators, I quite literally fail to find anything noteworthy to despise this piece for. It's well written, even if the certain lad would disagreed with me, and it provides a lot of memorable, and more importantly, roleplay-centered experience. Something that you're always more likely to look up to as an example of such, or at the very least, something you will recall unfathomably well - maybe have a grandpa of a character take his chainmail-clad grandchildren onto his lap to tell them the tales of something greater then a pulp repeated over and over until it loses any meaning and context.

tl;dr, +1, you awesome bleep-er.

No offense, I'm really sick of all these aengul creatures.

No offense, I'm really sick of all these aengul creatures.

Ascended are getting removed, Itharel are gone, Keepers are being removed as well, what aengul creatures are you talking about?

+1 I feel like these are going to start a new era of amazingness for magic users. I also like that they have the possibility to bring way more RP to the table.

A great piece of lore, in all aspects. LotC needs something that is neither evil or neutral but has the potential to be evil. Be good guys for once, being good isn’t a cliche anymore :P +1

Eh, good if rp'd correctly. +0.5?

+1, I like it. It somehow reminds me of genasi from D&D though. Also, I think there should only be one Augur per Aegudaemon.