A Faction Rises

Vege

This is getting agitating. I would like to hear what a GM has to say on the issue, and if it's really necessary, we will get a region to attack from.

I request all Alpha Cubs chill for now until this is sorted because we're going in circles.

I would like to hear the statement from a Roswell on this warclaim.

I just find it highly ridiculous that triple x is complaining about you guys not being on region perms, as reasoning for why you shouldn't be allowed to attack. This seems like he is trying to use the fact that just because you aren't on region perms you have no right to rply be from the Duchy. Why not handle this in rp because this is an rp proclamation of war. Just because they don't have an army doesn't mean they get to pull OOC bs to prevent losing something they are having trouble maintaining.

Istria is also a border region of Oren. Right next to it is the crown lands and wilderness. 

House de Sola is a noble house of Oren which has full claims to Istria. There is the reason for conquest.

And if the attacking forces are supporters of the de Sola House, was the house not given the barony of Dour Watch by Roswell when he was proclaimed Duke? And is DW not within Istrian borders? While it is not there as a castle anymore, the barony still exists and it is the de Solas holding.

There is also no logical reason why these rebelt could not attack from the wilderness.

On January 24, 2016 at 3:20 PM, xxx said:

"If you do not have an adjacent region to your target, you cannot wage war on a territory, unless you have permission to pass through adjacent friendly territory."

-War Rules

This is in reference to outside entities that search to capture land through conquest. More so to stop so to say the Wood Elves from just rolling up to the Human Capital and warclaiming it. There is a process behind everything, if this truly is an internal conflict that has come from within the nation there will be consideration into the legitimacy of this warclaim. I will be speaking to faction leaders as well as Orenian leadership to disclose a verdict on this warclaim. In the meantime I will leave this post unlocked in hopes that some constructive conversation might arise from it. If you are not a faction leader or remotely close to one, please do not post. This helps me search through relevant data to make a verdict. If you have questions or clarifications about the conflict the best way will be to reach me through Skype @ fireheart519. Cheers. (Posted Sunday at 4:03pm pst)

Right. After speaking with faction leaders and also allowing time to think on the matter I have decided to deny this warclaim on the following standpoints.

1.This warclaim, in itself, was already denied by an Administrator due to the OP being banned. Soon after the warclaim was reposted by a different user with the post being copy and pasted.

From that point stated by me to Vege he had edited out items such as Vulc’s character and has made edits to include certain required aspects, such as land being warclaimed. When you post a warclaim you should have it ready to review, rather than editing it to meet requirements. This is from the standpoint of an RP cause and basic information beyond rules.

2. Location and Boundaries are invalid. Dour Watch does not exist beyond the OOC region as the keep was taken down by myself quite awhile ago. The original poster of the previously denied warclaim was unaware of this. After speaking to Vege about this and asking for a direct region he was unprepared in a response. As a note to be taken from this - Warclaims are meant to revolve generally around settlements/establishments. Seeing how Dour Watch is just a flat plain of land I see the viability of it, but the intent is not to take that alone, but to in fact uproot a greater force which would be the Istrian population. Planning to do this would mean that targeting a settlement should be in the minds of the attackers instead of a flat plain of grass.

This point of my denial can not be defended  by the defenders as you “wanting a slice of the land” or for you to set up a “staging ground.” All of that is besides the point and contributes to the overall denial.

3. RP cause. The RP cause to this is extremely weak with a news paper full of propaganda and an actual    RP post being the only items to revolve around these events. Keep in mind that the RP post was made right after the warclaim when it should have been done well in advance. 

In addition to this a region owner Aegis_Lima, being a de Solo, was the cause of legitimacy that Vege raised as a point to have an internal conflict. Aegis_Lima is currently in the middle of dealing with something in real life and thusly is not able to defend this statement from Vege. He was gone well before the denied warclaim was posted as an added point. Upon his return the attackers may speak to me again about a cause to it, but I doubt it will change the standpoint.

Beyond these three points I have noticed a lot of OOC hatred between the two groups which has bled into RP interactions with characters popping up with extreme claims towards land and titles. I have discussed this conflict in drawn out detail with both parties to come to this conclusion while also speaking to other high members within Oren. 

If the attackers ever wish to rebel they will need more than just one inactive region owner to do so alongside poor RP causes. If you disagree with your current leadership of the duchy you are free to move elsewhere, but internal fighting will not be legalized through a warclaim in this example. This whole warclaim reeks of poor preparation and a drive for pointless PvP. I will direct all questions and concerns towards my Skype as I will be locking this topic to restrict further posting.

Warclaim moved to denied, have a good one.