[✗] Mold Breeding?

Chocaholic_

I recently got a microscope built by a tinkerer in Skyfall. (As well as some specimen trays.) Anyways, I decided to try breeding mold and fungi, BC why not? I've been devoting a lot of RP to studying the mold, as the fungi was boring and no cross-breeding either. I took RP notes, named the specimens, nearly lost a pinky finger, and I just wanted this to be recognized and for people to see this. I will edit this and post more later, but here we go.

Godem looked carefully at  man before him, who claimed to have recieved the microscope from Bjael. "Okay then, thanks for passing it on to me." Godem carried the microscope to the alchemy tower, where he took the rotten food and extracted the first sample: a simple, common yellow mould. He searched for a different color specimen, and quickly found a blue mold. He extracted this one as well, and placed it in the dish with the yellow mold. They intermingled for a few moments, and soon began converging on the borderline between the 2 colors. The molds stayed like this for a few generations. (A generation is roughly 25 OOC seconds, depending on the lifespan of the specimen.) Godem noticed that the specimens were breeding into a pale blue color, which quickly devoured the organic matter of the inferior generations. Godem noticed how vicious this mold was, but was it considered carnivorous? He went to the Scholar's Rest and grabbed some pork, which he dropped a sample of into the dish. It was covered by the creatures rather quickly, but he seemed to notice this generation slowly dying out. He curiously added some water to the dish, and the specimens flourished. But now, he was speculating on how to further breed an already aggressive specimen. He took a break from this and was surprised to meet his old alchemy teacher, Lentos, in Sanctuary. They talked, and Godem had some books to return, so Godem led him to Skyfall. Alas, it was time for Lentos to leave, but Godem knew where to find him. (Classified.) At the site, there was a huge crater and a pale blue powder in the air. Godem was surprised to find a man, Lyu, in the crater, putting out fire. They chatted, scavenged what they could for a new lab, and departed. However, Godem had contracted Thamium sickness from the blue powder in the air, and had a cough. He returned to Skyfall, where he tried to cough into the dish with a newer specimen, that follow patterns of others. For instance, a drop of blood in the dish would cause the specimen to suddenly require oxygen, and it would take the shape of a blood cell. Anyhow, he coughed in the dish, and didn't notice any difference. Didn't /notice./ (I need a CT to further continue this. It's as far as I've gotten. I got healed BTW.) Update: I established some basic rules about mold and fungi. Here they are: Molds breed through spores. Therefore, to breed two molds exclusively, one must have them both in a covered, air-sealed container. When two molds breed, the physically dominant mold will have dominant genes, such as behavior and diet. Color is decided by the colors of the parents. If a mold is separated, and the two sides are kept apart for several generations, even if the environment stays the same, they will adapt differently.

Interesting, though try to abstain from using real life scientific elements or biological aspects such as oxygen or blood cells when writing lore about this kind of stuff.

This lore has been voted on and has been denied. The reason why it has been denied is because the lore itself is too complex and scientific for a fantasy server, as well as too out of the realm and slightly crossing the line set on reality vs fantasy.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.