WuHanXianShi14

LeoWarrior14's GM application

Well Whimsycal, if you can provide me examples of how I dont abide by the mission statement, I'd be more than happy to reflect on my behaviour and take strides to improve it. I need some point of reference though, you gotta give me something to work off of!

13 minutes ago, Kimbap said:

dear fms/former fms

pls stop becomming gms

love, keeem!!!

edit: yeah he was a cool trial; another shot, i say!

Pretty much this post, go team. Good family values as far as I've seen. 

mrw I saw this thread pop up in my notifications

Spoiler

1307793940001.png

I don't see why this isn't already a thing. Leo has improved vastly since he's become a staff member, and I'm sure he will not disappoint. Quite frankly, I don't see why he failed last time. +1

Very well Whymsical, I shall follow along.

On 5/18/2015 at 1:42 AM, ~Readicti~ said:

Therefore our goals as Staff are:

Already I see what you mean, as these are goals for staff and as a regular player he- But wait, these are goals for all staff and he is a Forum Moderator, clearly already a staff member and therefor meets the mission statement though I will continue onwards.

1. To preserve and promote a friendly and cooperative environment for everyone, to ensure people feel safe and comfortable within the community.

Assists in leading a community of his own, as well as defending those within it and all in all, no one feels unsafe there. I mean, I feel comfortable and no one's actually complained about him being unfriendly, else we'd see something about it. He role-plays as a ******, he isn't one.

2. To continue to encourage and endorse roleplay that is enjoyable by as many players as possible.

I mean, he always role-plays with people and has yet to refuse that to those who too wish for role-play. I mean he literally endorses and encourages wood elven role-play through the cultural leadership, continuing to do so which has picked us out of the dirt.

3. To be transparent, and forthcoming with our intentions and development, while considering the input of the community.

Leo has always been transparent, simply talk with the guy and he'll openly conduct conversation with you, there's hardly anything he isn't transparent on (minus the obvious stuff that he needn't tell you for role-play reasons).

4. To remember we are volunteers, we made the choice to step up as leaders of the community, we’re not here for personal gain.

Honestly, there's no personal gain here for him. He would get more responsibilities and be pushed away from his leadership position more so, something I personally would be upset by but if he wants it, it's not my place to stop him.

-

As it is, it's a "he said she said" thing and considering your past Whymsical, I choose to be skeptical of your claims unless you can share examples. 

1. To preserve and promote a friendly and cooperative environment for everyone, to ensure people feel safe and comfortable within the community.

You're well known for being extremely hostile to anyone who remotely disagrees with you, amongst other things. I can with all honesty say that I feel anything but safe and comfortable with you, knowing you'll resort to underhanded OOC tactics to have your way.

2. To continue to encourage and endorse roleplay that is enjoyable by as many players as possible.

You admittedly break character to screw people over for OOC reasons. Your RP is in function of your OOC benefit, that's no secret.

3. To be transparent, and forthcoming with our intentions and development, while considering the input of the community.

You are a huge hypocrite.

4. To remember we are volunteers, we made the choice to step up as leaders of the community, we’re not here for personal gain.

Personal gain is what you revolve around.

These can also be applied to the Player's section of the mission statement, which is basically a bit of the same.

PD: I'd like to remind you that this thread is about him, not me.

Just now, Whimsylicious said:

You're well known for being extremely hostile to anyone who remotely disagrees with you, amongst other things. I can with all honesty say that I feel anything but safe and comfortable with you, knowing you'll resort to underhanded OOC tactics to have your way.

You admittedly break character to screw people over for OOC reasons. Your RP is in function of your OOC benefit, that's no secret.

These can also be applied to the Player's section of the mission statement, which is basically a bit of the same.

PD: I'd like to remind you all this thead isn't about me.

This will be my final post, everything you have written is hearsay and without proper proof (and as I stated, considering your past) I am highly skeptical on all claims made by you. As for the whole reminder this isn't about you, please don't pretend you didn't expect responses when you replied so vaguely. Anyway, moving on.

This will be my last reply here.

Sky, I don't care about your fanatical views. This is a staff app thread for Leowarrior. I genuinely have issues with him being a GM and I am free to voice my concern in here, just like anyone else is free to say whatever they think. I've my reasons, and I'm not going to provide proof for every little detail just to please you. Please stop cluttering the thread trying to discredit me.

My statements still stand.

You don't need to go into every little detail, but SOME detail would be nice. As I said, I'm more than willing to review my behaviour but you gotta give me some actual examples of them in order for me to work off them, not blanket accusations. If you'd like to provide me with those I'm more than happy to listen on skype/TS/forum PMs/etc. If not, sorry you think about me that way, I suppose, I am certainly trying to develop people's positive outlook towards me!

As having known Leo for a considerable time on LoTC (even back when he was just a dirty mage and delver), I cannot honestly say he isn't fit for the job.
+1

Dirty Mage

I personally cannot tolerate LeoWarrior, but I cannot say with an unbiased perspective that he would be a bad moderator, so why not.

1 minute ago, 吳憾戰士14 said:

You don't need to go into every little detail, but SOME detail would be nice. As I said, I'm more than willing to review my behaviour but you gotta give me some actual examples of them in order for me to work off them, not blanket accusations. If you'd like to provide me with those I'm more than happy to listen on skype/TS/forum PMs/etc. If not, sorry you think about me that way, I suppose, I am certainly trying to develop people's positive outlook towards me!

I have one.

One day, about a month ago, you messaged Nyansabi while he was on his ghost character, and told him that he wasnt welcome and you suggested he not rp in Laureh'lin on that character again, you also said that he was ruining rp and no one wanted it. When in reality, there were a lot of people who genuinely enjoyed the rp with said character.

4 minutes ago, Whimsylicious said:

PD: I'd like to remind you that this thread is about him, not me.

Essentially everything summed up in Whimsy's post is everything I've ever heard about Leo, despite never really interacting with him. I'm sure many of the people who believe these things won't bother to comment or say anything because they're afraid of the Laureh'lin community bashing them, which sky has just proved will happen. Leo should respond solely himself, not have his followers do it for him.

I've already declared my bias: having little to no interaction with Leo and having only heard bad things about him, and though as a member of the community I might have the "right" to +1 or -1, as person I won't do that. Whimsy bothered to put more detail in the post than most of the people supporting Leo: "He's good." Or "He's mature. +1"

I wish you luck if you make it, and hope you aren't the person the many rumors say you are.