6lPZbdt.png

QjLJiB3.png

GLVZ2e1.png

cZgDUTY.png

ecl4hJA.png

~-The Crimson Edict-~

gKB3xhK.png

~-~⚔~-~

A parchment flutters on the wind, coming to rest at your feet. If you are curious enough to pick up this mysterious parchment, you would find a letter of recruitment for “The Crimson Edict”.

“Greetings,

This letter makes its way to you with the purpose of recruitment into the Crimson Edict. Our order aims for self-sufficiency and is comprised of many venerable warriors and skilled professionals. Pledging their lives under oath, all races and walks of life can find safety and kinship within our ranks; bound by battle and bloodshed as brothers and sisters.

The Edict has stood for the betterment of the realm since the times of Asulon, opposing atrocities such as slavery, racism, and necromancy-- by any means necessary.

We can act as your asylum if you are not ready to take the oath, providing board and protection in times of need. And for our brothers and sisters, we can provide housing, materials, and a place to practice your profession, along with the promise that the men-at-arms at your side would die to protect you.

Tenets of the Edict

1. No slavery. Although we have former slavers in our ranks, we do not condone the act of slavery in any shape or form.

2. No supporting racism or oppression. As our organization works hard to eliminate such things, being found to support such actions or behavior will be addressed immediately and dealt with severely.

3. Necromancy or other such harmful magics are strictly forbidden. The lack of consent to these magics turns the dead as unwitting slaves and the living as chattel for the sorcerer. As such, their usage is against our tenants.

4. Never betray your brothers and sisters in the Edict. This is the most central of our rules. You must protect your fellow Edict members, and you may expect the same from them. This does not mean you must fight on their behalf, for there is room for pacifists in our ranks, but it does mean your loyalty is expected, and the severing of this loyalty is dealt with most harshly. This does not mean you cannot be a part of other organizations, however, so long as there are no conflicts of interest.

Breaking these rules will result in punitive action, up to and including execution or expulsion.

RANKING AND STRUCTURE

Konungr Ranks

Baldr
The Baldr (Master) is the supreme commander of the Edict, his/her word is law.

Stýrimaðr
The Stýrimaðr (Captain) is the mate of the Master, he/she is second only to the Master.

Félagi
The Félagi (Companion) is the Master’s most trusted adviser and their right hand in matters of both diplomacy and war. He/she works directly with the officers and members, reporting directly to the Baldr (or Stýrimaðr in the case that the Baldr is absent).

Officer Ranks

Hersir
Hersirs lead Hafnas, reporting directly to the senior officers. They oversee the operations and training of their Hafna. Hersirs are the only non-Konungr rank with the ability to give the oath. Hersirs may promote Drengr to Thegns, along with appointing Aesirs within their Hafnas. Hersirs may also recommend members to be promoted to Radningar.

Radningar
Radningars are junior officers with the role of supporting the Hersirs. They may take temporary control of the Hafna when their Hersir is absent. Radningars may also oversee trainings, helping the Aesirs keep their men in fighting shape. Radningars may also be given special permission to give the oath, if they are deemed worthy.

Non-Officer Ranks

Aesir
Aesirs are highly experienced and competent members of the Edict. Hardened by years of tireless service to their oath-kin, they have earned the distinction of their title. Aesirs act like sergeants, commanding a small team of their oath-kin. Aesirs are responsible for keeping the needs of their team met; including requisitioning weapons and armour, conducting trainings, and more.

Thegn
Thegns are the backbone of the Edict, competent warriors and accomplished professionals. They report to their Aesirs or Radningars. Thegns are encouraged to mentor the Drengr, teaching them the ways of the Edict.

Drengr
The Drengr are the initiates of the Edict, inducted members who have yet to earn their stripes among our ranks. Drengr are encouraged to seek knowledge of the Edict and its traditions from their more experienced oath-kin.

Tal'Ardoth

The newly constructed fortress of the Edict, Tal'Ardoth boasts all that the Edict could ever need. A tavern, barracks, mead hall, smithy, infirmary, and even a specially made grove, to support Druidic residents.

Those who wish to join may send a bird to the Félagi, Sentis, in Tal'Ardoth with the following information:

APPLICATION

Your Name:

Your Race:

Your Age:

Your Professions/ Skills:

Do you have others that will be coming with you?:

Any information not mentioned above may be sought by once again contacting the Félagi. ((Sentis))”

((OOC))

MC Name:

Time Zone:

Do you Have Skype? (If so please provide your Skype name or PM me):

Oath Breaking

There is no PK clause for the Crimson Edict; however, in RP, the oath you take to join is a life-oath. Breaking it is dealt with severely in RP and you could expect to be hunted, tortured, or otherwise punished for purposes of roleplay.

Just now, Fizldank said:

((This is offensive to my Nordic friends, please change the ranks. ¦:^ ( ))

((confirming.))

Indentured Servants =//= Slaves                                                                  Willem de Denesle sips on his coconut drink while standing in the hot Druscan sun. He takes a read of the parchment, nodding his head. "Crimson Edict, hm? Sound like a whole buncha red belly tarts." he'd promptly crumple the paper, looking over the wine fields longingly before turning to Big Joe, the Dark Elven Indentured Servant.

"Big Jo' GET back to work! KEEYAW! I want a fresh batch of Candilan Sweet tonight, boy!" he'd promptly take to whipping the Dark Elf, as the Denesle man usually did.

Big Jo' tirelessly picks the grapes in the toasting sun, his scarred back opening up once again as his master's whip cracks against his back.

Sahar, being one acclimated to doing such paperwork, quickly fills out her form before passing it to her Félagi, even if it is merely ceremonial.

Spoiler

APPLICATION

Your Name: Sahar Tha'un

Your Race: Human

Your Age: 38

Your Professions/ Skills: Chef and Tinker

Do you have others that will be coming with you?: I'd been recruited alone by Jotosava

Any information not mentioned above may be sought by contacting the Félagi, Sentis Vul’Tohorran. ((Sentis))”

((OOC))

MC Name: Murdervish

Time Zone: EST

Do you Have Skype? (If so please provide your Skype name or PM me): You know it, bb

((One thing I'll just toss out there is it's unlikely you would have IC knowledge of any blood magics (well, blood magic), as it's basically not known to exist in any public manner. That knowledge spreading could hurt the blood magic group IC'ly by spreading knowledge that isn't publicly available, so unless you have adequate IC reason to mention blood magic I would advise removing its mention))

((Apologies, I was in a rush and did not have time to do a final once over before posting. I will amend those mistakes that I find promptly.))

Erik Stalfen glances down at the parchment as it flies to his feet, at first he merely walks over it, then he pauses as he notices a certain symbol on the parchment, he then picks it up with a smirk and begins reading it with a slighly biased opinion, "Hmm, I remember when the Edict had a leader, its quite a shame that Naffog's own son started a mutiny against him."

Vulthur holds the parchment in his hand, staring at it. He blinks slowly, remembering his previous experiences with his mutiny. After awhile, he crumples the paper up and lets it fly off through the breeze.

Your Name: Ardael Silinore

Your Race: High elf

Your Age:56 (probably older once you've read this)

Your Professions/ Skills: Unemployed. Fine at sword fighting

Do you have others that will be coming with you?: My sister, Helumaire Silinore (BearlyHana)

Any information not mentioned above may be sought by once again contacting the Félagi. ((Sentis))”

((OOC))

MC Name: Roquelle

Time Zone: DC Timezone

8 hours ago, Roquelle said:

Your Name: Ardael Silinore

Your Race: High elf

Your Age:56 (probably older once you've read this)

Your Professions/ Skills: Unemployed. Fine at sword fighting

Do you have others that will be coming with you?: My sister, Helumaire Silinore (BearlyHana)

((OOC))

MC Name: Roquelle

Time Zone: DC Timezone

Application Accepted

APPLICATION

Your Name: Mackenzie Hollande

Your Race: Human

Your Age: 19

Your Professions/ Skills: Trained with smaller blades and T3 aeromancer

Do you have others that will be coming with you?: No

((OOC))

MC Name: hmu4loud

Time Zone: EST

Do you Have Skype? (If so please provide your Skype name or PM me): I'll PM you