The wonderous city of Aeriel!

Vinnyvedivici

((This post is an outdated, original layout of Aeriel's laws, when it was to be a minor city and before it became the Free Kingdom of Aerarium. For the updated post click here))

*You notice a large beautifully illustrated scroll posted on the wall.*

Ta the good people of Aegis:

A new city is being constructed, aye it is nearing compleation now, and we are accepting those that wish to live among us in a new world order. The first race ever created were the Aengul - livin' incarnations o' light and enlightenment and the walking servants o' God. Named after the great Aeriel we likewise strive ta achieve the perfection that was intended fer our races, but lost due ta Iblees' taint.

I. Overview

II. Government structure

III. Government ranks

IV. Tithes

I. Overview

Th’ great city of Aerial shall here after be ruled by a single ruling Council, by whose Divine Right shall distribute land and titles ta citizens of outstandin’ merit. The Council shall be responsible fer the security o’ the land, citizens, and treasures. The Council shall collect its tithe from the Houses within its lands and put said resources ta good stewardship by providing fer public works and the provisions of the Army in case o’ war or undead attacks.

All citizens may advance through the ranks o' their government through hard work and meritous behaviour. Even the poorest of citizens can work hard and end up the Lord of a House, and even a seat on th' Council. We believe that all should be rewarded fer a job well done, and in the city of Aerial the greatest of ambitions can be achevied!

II. Government structure - There shall be a single Council, but split inta two parts.

The High Council shall consist of 5 Houses. The leaders of those Houses will be members of the High Council, 2 of which shall run the Council - the High Marshal and the High Arbiter. The High Arbiter has the power to veto and speaks for the Council. During a state of war the High Arbiter defers to the High Marshal who then gains the power of veto and speaks for the Council.

The Lord’s Council shall consist of 6 Houses. Each leader of these Houses will be Council members. The High Council will each appoint one member of the Lord’s Council, with the sixth spot given to the Landholding noble with the largest tithe.

Terms shall last one month. At the end of the month, the Tithes will be reviewed. If a House has failed to meet its tithe it shall lose its spot on the Council. The sixth house will then be reviewed. The house with the largest tithe shall earn the spot (not including the other 10 houses already on Council.) If the current sixth house has the largest tithe, it retains its spot. Any house may contest an incumbent position, their tithes will be reviewed, each may make a statement and then it will be decided on by a vote. A house may only contest one position a month. If the sixth house enters its second term it becomes eligible to contest for a position.

III. Government ranks - The various positions of the council are as follows:

High Council: High Arbiter, High Marshal, Field Marshal, Master of Coin, and the Master of

the Houses

Lord Council: Master of the Guard (Appointed by High Arbiter), Master of Arms (High Marshal), Master of the Hunt (Field Marshal), Master of the Couriers (Master of Coin), Master of Stone (Master of the Houses), Master of Resources (the sixth house).

IV. Tithes

Lords Houses

- In return fer the land granted ta the various Houses, every house shall pay a tithe. It shall be received ta the council on a weekly basis. The Houses shall each deliver a minimum o' 16 iron ignots, 256 wheat, 32 wool and 64 logs as well as provide for 2 guardians. Larger Houses and Houses on th’ Council will be expected ta suppliment their quotas with rare and precious materials.

- Council members are responsible fer overseeing the collection o' materials from their Houses.

Guardian

- This would include city or personal guardsmen, as well as the standing Army. Full-time guardians are ta have their food, housing and equiptment provided fer them. Part-time guardians may be required ta provide a portion of their equiptment and will be given land and a partial citizen quota.

- Responsible for the saftey of the realm, its citizens and its treasure.

Citizen

- The remainder o' the populace will be citizens, and members to a particular House. Citizens will have weekly quota's and will be responsible fer delivering it ta their House. They may be farmers delivering 64 wheat, Woodsmen delivering 32 logs, shepards delivering 30 wool, miners delivering 16 iron or any combination of the above. They may take up arms as citizen soldiers and provide part time work as guardians for a reduced quota- but must provide their own equiptment.

- Citizens supply the city with the raw materials necessary for the system to work.

Signed,

Lord Lucius Murmillo, Master of the Houses

Lord Animus Crixius, High Arbiter

Lord Levaticus Barius, High Marshal

List of Noble Houses

House Murmillo:

House Patriarch: Lord Lucius Murmillo, Master of Houses

House Words: Courage, Honor, Loyalty

House Knights: Ser Ainnr, Ser Rendo

House Members: Mariah, Robert, Twi Osit, Annora, Ayrs

House Crixius:

House Patriarch: Lord Animeius Crixius, High Arbiter

House Words: Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken

House Knights:

House Members:

House Barius:

House Patriarch: Lord Leviticus Barius, High Marshal

House Words: Steadfast and Strong

House Knights:

House Members: Scholar Ventraux

House Nature:

House Patriarch: Lord Carnush Nature, Master of Nature

House Words: Bringing Balance

House Knights: Ranger Nosor

House Members: Iou, Ev Ahrbor

House Kane:

House Patriarch: Lord William Kane, Master of the Guard

House Words: Axes High!

House Knights: Ser Wheatly

House Members: Frowman, Tend'el, Kyle

House Construct:

House Patriarch: Lord Sean Hawthorn, High Architect

House Words: Build Beauty Perfection

House Knights:

House Members:Reed

*Underneath the scroll you find an application form*

((1. Minecraft name:))

2. Character's name:

3. Are ye applying ta start a House?

-If so who (if any) will you be bringing as household members?

-What are yer House Words?

4. Are ye applying as a Knight?:

-If so which House would ye like ta join and why?

-What expierence do ye have ((also list skill stats in applicable weapons))

5. Are ye applying ta be a house member?:

6. Other info we should know:

((So you know, you have spelled Aeriel wrong as well. Also, I guess you could name your town that, it just does not make sense to give your land out by "Divine Right". The Ascended are the ones closest to Aeriel, I just dont see some of this fitting lore wise))

((So you know, you have spelled Aeriel wrong as well. Also, I guess you could name your town that, it just does not make sense to give your land out by "Divine Right". The Ascended are the ones closest to Aeriel, I just dont see some of this fitting lore wise))

((Thank you for the spelling correction. I do so wish that there were other Aengul that are named besides Aeriel and of course Avalier. The sons of man and their respective decendants all have taken names from the four sons and as we are no single race we decided on naming our city after a known hero and Aengul.

On a side note "Divine Right" is the medieval theory behind a regent's right to rule and most of the feudal societies that existed at the time subscribed to it. It is no more than a historical reference and idological belief that we happen to hold IC. If you choose not to believe in that tenent you are absolutly allowed to do so, you may also not believe in God or the existance of Iblees and maybe your minecraft character is atheist- I am not one to judge.

I thank you again for your input :) If you have further ideas you wish to share with me feel free to pm me or /tell me in game: Vinnyvedivici))

((Well people might confuse this with Aeriel's keep and they might confuse the knights of Aeriel with the FOA.

1. Minecraft name:CaliMkali

2. Character's name:Rendo

3. Are ye applying ta start a House?Nay

-If so who (if any) will you be bringing as household members?

-What are yer House Words?

4. Are ye applying as a Knight?:Aye i am, a great soldier.

-If so which House would ye like ta join and why?House murmillo because i know a lot of people in that house and there all my friends.

-What expierence do ye have ((also list skill stats in applicable weapons))I was a Kal'Urguan guard and i was a knight_Of_Aeriel once but quit to go and explore the land of ageis and my sword skill is 19 and my wrestling is 20 also my bow is 0, i dont realy use my bow that often, and my axe is 5.

5. Are ye applying ta be a house member?:Nay

6. Other info we should know: Im a brave warrior and im ambasador of The kingdom Of Alras.

((1. Minecraft name:lcflaherty97))

2. Character's name:William

3. Are ye applying ta start a House? House of Kane

-If so who (if any) will you be bringing as household members? Anyone except Undead

-What are yer House Words? Axes High

4. Are ye applying as a Knight?:No

-What expierence do ye have ((also list skill stats in applicable weapons))

5. Are ye applying ta be a house member?:No

6. Other info we should know: I am a good guy and gets along with other people. I am a good gatherer and i am a good hunter.

Thank ye both, and welcome ta our city!

((Rendo if you would like to pm me in game my mc name is Vinnyvedivici))

((1. Minecraft name:))trotski24

2. Character's name:Nosor

3. Are ye applying ta start a House?: NO

4. Are ye applying as a Knight?:No

5. Are ye applying ta be a house member?:Aye and I wish house Nature to be my house I wish to bring prosperity to it and help bring Balance to the world.

6. Other info we should know:Nope

Welcome ta Aeriel Nosor!

((pm myself - Vinnyvedivici- or the Lord Carnush Nature -Carnush fer yer housin and directions)