The Foundation

VonEbs

*You notice a neatly written note on the massage board of the town you are in. You step closer and read what it says.

Hail, I am Ebs. I am forming a guild, a foundation of sorts, to chronicle, organize, and display writings from the people of Aegis. I have recemtly become a regent at Laurelin's Library, and I am coordinating my efforts with the owner of the library in Tris'Fal. I am hoping to establish libraries with regents in every major city, and to perhaps build or update a Grand Library.

The guild will be governed by a council of regents, and every library will have one regent, the owner of the library. The council's leader will be an elected curator, chosen from among the regents by he means of an election. The curators will serve for a month, and then another election will take place in which a new one is chosen or an old one remains in power. The council's job is to make sure libraries are fully stocked and that books are archived so they can never be lost. We are going to try to establish new branches and collect works of literature for display. We hope to become places for the intellectuals in Aegis to meet, do research, and write.

Author's may join the guild as a contributors, and they can publish books that will be copied and put in all the libraries under our jurisdiction. The general populace will be able to access the library, and I am deliberating whether they should pay a one time fee, of say 30 minas, to visit the libraries. I hope to get all librarians interested in this, so we can work together to make building these libraries easier and less stressful. Please reply on this board (thread) of you are interested in this project. I hope the foundation will one day have branches in every city, bringng knowledge to the people of Aegis.

*You notice a neatly written note on the massage board of the town you are in. You step closer and read what it says.

Hail, I am Ebs. I am forming a guild, a foundation of sorts, to chronicle, organize, and display writings from the people of Aegis. I have recemtly become a regent at Laurelin's Library, and I am coordinating my efforts with the owner of the library in Tris'Fal. I am hoping to establish libraries with regents in every major city, and to perhaps build or update a Grand Library.

The guild will be governed by a council of regents, and every library will have one regent, the owner of the library. The council's leader will be an elected curator, chosen from among the regents by he means of an election. The curators will serve for a month, and then another election will take place in which a new one is chosen or an old one remains in power. The council's job is to make sure libraries are fully stocked and that books are archived so they can never be lost. We are going to try to establish new branches and collect works of literature for display. We hope to become places for the intellectuals in Aegis to meet, do research, and write.

Author's may join the guild as a contributors, and they can publish books that will be copied and put in all the libraries under our jurisdiction. The general populace will be able to access the library, and I am deliberating whether they should pay a one time fee, of say 30 minas, to visit the libraries. I hope to get all librarians interested in this, so we can work together to make building these libraries easier and less stressful. Please reply on this board (thread) of you are interested in this project. I hope the foundation will one day have branches in every city, bringng knowledge to the people of Aegis.

So you a writer?

I have written books before, but this project is meant to make all of the books of Aegis available to everyone more conveniently, as well as to preserve all of the written works in Aegis.

Yes, perhaps a collaborate on this matter. We could set up a library on your campus, and your students could do research in our libraries. Our guilds could definitely benefit from helping each other.

Yes, perhaps a collaborate on this matter. We could set up a library on your campus, and your students could do research in our libraries. Our guilds could definitely benefit from helping each other.

Yes, that is most likely the case. Will be very interesting how this turns out.

I think we are in an era of knowledge right now, rather than war and battles. I think we should name this time in the History of Aegis. We see libraries coming up and flourishing, an academy being built, archaeology and lore is getting more attention. Most interesting I must say.

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.