The Nine Tomes Of Power

Wretched

The nine rings tomes of power, huh? Gonna be interesting to see who will tame a dragon and Aegon the whole map

1 hour ago, Sultan said:

I am very worried, what this Lore shall cause. I hope you have thought it through. 

I am concerned that this is a way to give gm sponsored group power and relevance. 

Looks around at his fellow men gathered around the tables drinking ale, rum and vodka. After hearing of these books "Well lads, dis luuks interestin'. Maybe dis cou'd serve as our first job." He chuckles to himself before raising his tankard and chugging it down his throat in one swift action.

no druid book booo

In all seriousness, I am of the firm belief that the lore team should shift away from writing about big bombastic super-artifacts, gods/demons, and other such things that the majority of players don't care about, and most likely won't be affected by. This piece of lore is unfortunately part of that.

If you think about it, do the majority of common elf, orc, oren or dwarf players really care that much about Gazardiel or Tahariae? Have they even heard of Apophet? These books serve only to be relevant to a relatively small, niche groups of players who frankly already have a ton of lore at their disposal.

Can we shift our focus away from Aenguldaemons most people don't care about, and focus more on writing subtler, more down-to-earth lore that more mainstream playerbase cultures can use on a daily basis?

Super-artifacts, aenguldaemons, and big events are all fine and good. But when writing lore for those things is all the LT does (or so it seems to be) then the majority of players who aren't invested in these groups, players who just want the LT to touch upon and help them develop some history and give them a base to build their cultures, feel underepresented.

tl;dr: This lore doesn't really have any appeal beyond "ooh powerful" to players who don't belong to very niche groups. LT, please expand your horizons and write for the common players culture.

So does this mean that you can be exploring in a dungeon or something and possibly find a random tome?
I would also assume if that is so, would the area be unlocked, or would there be a door or something blocking it off?
If someone can answer those to help me understand better than thanks!

24 minutes ago, 吳憾戰士14 said:

tl;dr: This lore doesn't really have any appeal beyond "ooh powerful" to players who don't belong to very niche groups. LT, please expand your horizons and write for the common players culture.

Gonna find em all!

((Eh, I guess it's alright for the niche players. Unfortunately this is likely one of those things that at the largest scale will only affect the magic based community again.

I have a major gripe with the the book of spirits and the book of Arcana 

Both effect warclaims which I would suggest being changed they are too OP for a nation to get a hold of.

The Ghost ship that lets you bypass walls, just makes a siege a normal battle, and the meteorite shower.. Both makes Sieges utterly useless in my opinion. 

It says it needs to be recharged in a few year a wcs in rp are 1 year apart so it can become very op and can be used for most of a war.

34 minutes ago, Aengoth said:

((Eh, I guess it's alright for the niche players. Unfortunately this is likely one of those things that at the largest scale will only affect the magic based community again.

((Pretty much what Aengoth and everyone else said... I feel like this won't put itself into many playerbases, however I trust that the event team (or whoever is managing this) had that thought in mind too, and is planning to prove us wrong...))