Mainly, the fact that Dwarves have banned most creative uses of Golem Technology, ever since that attempt of Arbrek to make an intelligent Golem and the Ark problem, Golems have been kept under a tight leash, going as far as being composed of seven sole members exclusive to the knowledge, myself included.

Also, you'd have to add more to Golem Magic first, I'm pretty sure that the Core does not like other core or any type of foreign magic that is not it's own cores. Golem magic is weird, and problably needs a rewrite or an enhance, if you can push this through, I'd really like to see it :)

1 hour ago, Cʜᴀᴏᴛɪᴋᴀʟ said:

Mainly, the fact that Dwarves have banned most creative uses of Golem Technology, ever since that attempt of Arbrek to make an intelligent Golem and the Ark problem, Golems have been kept under a tight leash, going as far as being composed of seven sole members exclusive to the knowledge, myself included.

Also, you'd have to add more to Golem Magic first, I'm pretty sure that the Core does not like other core or any type of foreign magic that is not it's own cores. Golem magic is weird, and problably needs a rewrite or an enhance, if you can push this through, I'd really like to see it :)

I read it over myself and I found no real issues with it personally. I'm not sure I quite understand where you are coming from.

For the first part, that it was locked during the period to a few people, that is easily explained. This character gained the knowledge through other means, research in ancient ruins or the like, or perhaps even learned it before the event that caused it to be locked down from the public. He kept his existence hidden and tried to avoid being well known. Simple as that.

As for the second part... can you elaborate more?

12 hours ago, Cʜᴀᴏᴛɪᴋᴀʟ said:

10 hours ago, Dizzy771 said:

I read it over myself and I found no real issues with it personally. I'm not sure I quite understand where you are coming from.

For the first part, that it was locked during the period to a few people, that is easily explained. This character gained the knowledge through other means, research in ancient ruins or the like, or perhaps even learned it before the event that caused it to be locked down from the public. He kept his existence hidden and tried to avoid being well known. Simple as that.

As for the second part... can you elaborate more?

I should also make it clear, this individual is long dead. He made these, and other creations I'll be submitting lore for, centuries ago. So the fact of dwarven golemancy currently being "under lockdown" has no implication; This happened a long, long time ago, and the individual is, assuredly, deceased. So the current ban on "creative uses" of golem technology has no implications on this lore.

It would, however, make for more interesting RP if this lore was accepted and one of the Muses was discovered, as it would be up to the Dwarves to decide if they wanted to attempt to repair a "creative use" of golem technology, or if they would rather destroy it, or whatever. 

As for the second part I am also...confused. There has already been multi-cored intelligent golems in LoTC lore, etc. Rather than making just a blank foundation multi-core golem with the possibility for infinite learning (Perhaps due to centuries-old dramatics similar to Ark's that happened when Dworkin was alive or before then), Dworkin instead create multiple multi-core golems with very specific interests and purposes. Perhaps due to knowing the dangers inherent in creating just a blanket intelligent multi-core golem, he instead made multiple ones and specifically embedded in their "commands" (which essentally can make up a golem's "programming"), the desire to only learn of their given purpose and subject, and teach that subject to others. So I do not understand what the reference is to "Foreign magic". The Muse of Magic doesn't practice magic as that would be impossible; they are, however, an expert on concepts, theories, and are likely in possession of a few enchanted trinkets/etc.

6 hours ago, TeaLulu said:

I should also make it clear, this individual is long dead. He made these, and other creations I'll be submitting lore for, centuries ago. So the fact of dwarven golemancy currently being "under lockdown" has no implication; This happened a long, long time ago, and the individual is, assuredly, deceased. So the current ban on "creative uses" of golem technology has no implications on this lore.

It would, however, make for more interesting RP if this lore was accepted and one of the Muses was discovered, as it would be up to the Dwarves to decide if they wanted to attempt to repair a "creative use" of golem technology, or if they would rather destroy it, or whatever. 

As for the second part I am also...confused. There has already been multi-cored intelligent golems in LoTC lore, etc. Rather than making just a blank foundation multi-core golem with the possibility for infinite learning (Perhaps due to centuries-old dramatics similar to Ark's that happened when Dworkin was alive or before then), Dworkin instead create multiple multi-core golems with very specific interests and purposes. Perhaps due to knowing the dangers inherent in creating just a blanket intelligent multi-core golem, he instead made multiple ones and specifically embedded in their "commands" (which essentally can make up a golem's "programming"), the desire to only learn of their given purpose and subject, and teach that subject to others. So I do not understand what the reference is to "Foreign magic". The Muse of Magic doesn't practice magic as that would be impossible; they are, however, an expert on concepts, theories, and are likely in possession of a few enchanted trinkets/etc.

Have there been thanium bound or soulbound multicored golems? I believe all multi-core golems are Lightningbound, knowledge that was only ever within one player and did not actually reach Aegis, but only Asulon and Athera; this player is Kirrekith; the Derva created the knowledge that Kirrekith found in Asulon, and Athera's Reapers were lightningbound I believe. If so I'd really like to see these multi-cored traditional golems, I was sure that core magic is tricky and does not like other cores, unless it's lightningbound, which is lenient as fak

29 minutes ago, Cʜᴀᴏᴛɪᴋᴀʟ said:

Have there been thanium bound or soulbound multicored golems? I believe all multi-core golems are Lightningbound, knowledge that was only ever within one player and did not actually reach Aegis, but only Asulon and Athera; this player is Kirrekith; the Derva created the knowledge that Kirrekith found in Asulon, and Athera's Reapers were lightningbound I believe. If so I'd really like to see these multi-cored traditional golems, I was sure that core magic is tricky and does not like other cores, unless it's lightningbound, which is lenient as fak

Lago literally had a traditional thanhium multi-core golem created by the High Elves. Though I believe some of his cores were aurum cores and the central one was a large thanhium one? Either way, thanhium was involved.

There have been a couple of multi-core traditional golems made since, or at least, attempts at them.

If Lightning-bound is, for some reason, the only option (which it assuredly isn't), then it is entirely possible to have been an early discovery made by this individual and then later re-discovered (as some discoveries often are after being lost) by the Derva. There's nothing that should, realistically, prevent that possibility, especially since it is made clear that the method of creating multi-core golems cannot be learned even by dismantling the muses, though people have, assuredly, attempted such in the past, causing many of them to be currently damaged/broken.

Lightning-bound golems aren't a thing anymore.

Also, multi-core golems are possible now.

There is no issue with the lore.

18 hours ago, Dizzy771 said:

Lightning-bound golems aren't a thing anymore.

Also, multi-core golems are possible now.

There is no issue with the lore.

Thank you!

With that all cleared up, still floor is open for suggestions and additions.

I have editted each Muse with some more info about them/their features/appearance. Still looking for more reference pics.

9 hours ago, BrandNewKitten said:

Possible concept art: snip

Sadly they can't be made of metal! Only stone materials. Clay, quartz, stone, granite, etc. 

My current focus is on researching different materials they could be made out of and running it by James who is assisting me with golemancy related questions, etc. 

While Dworkin was a very powerful and talented golemancer, runesmith, etc, in ancient times, I don't really want to set the precedent of "these golems get to break lore because of the talent of the creator." So I am working on work-arounds.

Expect edits when I have time in between my RL and ET duties to specialize these Muses a little bit more to give them more character, including the materials used in their construction.

If you have suggestions for interesting materials for me to try and pass by the LMs.

Ex: The Muse of Magic ref photo is a purple almost glowing color. Opal is a mineral that flouresces in different shades after exposure to UV light. That means after being out in the sun, the Muse would go back underground or into the shade and would give off sort of a glow, which just adds a nice interesting touch to the muse's character.

Goodness me these things are lovely. x-x
I'm quite sweet on what is essentially the Librarian Golem, but ah, if only. I hope this lore goes well for you Lulu, though I don't have much of use to say, aside from words of encouragement. I'd love to meet one of these things, if not try to be one!

Spoiler

(´◉◞౪◟◉) pbbbbblttt 

I dont see much of a problem here with fitting in. There have been player dwarves and made up dwarves that have been powerful mages or runesmiths and or golemancers. No problem adding another for some fun. Would be interesting to see howd you introduce them into the server. 

Accepted.

(Will be moved to implemented lore shortly.)