Orc RP: The Mindset of an Orc

Smaw

Kra, my current character, has been labeled as whitewash, but in his heart, he is not. A certain event occurred that caused him to lose faith in his fellow uruks, an event that proved they had lost all honor and respect for each other, and were no longer the strong race they had sought to be, but had devolved into beasts of blood, mindlessly serving their blood lust without thought for pride and the word of other pics.

It began when a dreadlander came unto the San'thraka, seeking assistance. He claimed to be a honorary, and Kra knew that honorary was a title deserving of respect, and treated him with such. However another uruk approached who doubted the claim, although Kra knew that the honorary spoke true. The other Uruk called to some nearby orcs and pursued the dreadlander, seeking to kill him. Kra honored the honorary and attempted to assist his escape. Kra lost respect for his fellow uruks that day, seeing that they saw any opportunity to fight and kill one that they should take, regardless of honor.

Later, Kra met with the dreadlander in the cloud temple, and offered to vouch for him, saying that the other Uruk was dishonorable. The dreadlander seemed excited and agreed. Upon the arrival of the two at San'Thraka, the dreadlander betrayed Kra, telling the Uruks that he had found a whitewash and needed to die. Kra then lost faith in the system of honoraries. 

Finally, the highest ranking Uruk available, possibly the leader of a clan, came forth. He listened to both sides of the story, and came to a judgement. He told the dreadlander to kill Kra to show his loyalty. Kra then lost faith in the leadership of Uruks, realizing the only thing they valued was death.

Kra then felt isolated from Uruks, feeling as though they were a mere shadow of what they had been in the past. He tried to call upon the spirits, recalling a bison he had when young of a being of brilliant light. He did not know how to communicate with them and could never get to talk with a shaman, as they were always busy.

Kra left San'Thraka, seeking honor and truth among other races. He joined a dreadlander clan and attempted to contact followers of Aerial, believing that it would be better to be on good terms with a deity that would swift away his soul when he died, and his vision might have been of Aerial, seeing as his father had passed that night. While waiting for a priest or monk, he was confronted be a pair of orcs, who asked why he was there. He revealed his true intentions, telling them he was seeking to worship Aerial. Kra knew it would shame his honor if he lied to his brothers.They branded him a whitewash and attacked him as he stayed his hand, knowing that he should never harm another uruk. 

I tell you this to ask whether Kra is whitewash or not. His duty lies to the Rex and this being of light. He loves his people, and wishes that the kubs be strong and healthy. He loves honor, and sought it out after the failure of his race dissapointed him. In my own opinion, Kra is whitewash not because he isn't orc enough, but because he is too orcsh for this lost race of the desert.

The Orcish Race must become whole once more. They must remember their values, and push aside their blood lust long enough to BE a culture, rather than a species. They must arise to be the like unto their ancestors, otherwise the emperor is right, we must be exterminated. For if remain at this state, we are no more than wild animals without honor and strength.

56 minutes ago, HowardRunners said:

Kra's Whitewash Story

In response to this, it is generally accepted that all non-Uruk must pay tribute to be in the Uzg. To allow those not of our kin to roam is to invite danger into our home. We beat them so as to teach a quick lesson, because we have no time to deal with troublemakers.

You are primarily Whitewash because you desire to worship an outside entity. If you truly held honour, you would remain with your brothers and attempt to change the system from the inside.

1 hour ago, Smaw said:

In response to this, it is generally accepted that all non-Uruk must pay tribute to be in the Uzg. To allow those not of our kin to roam is to invite danger into our home. We beat them so as to teach a quick lesson, because we have no time to deal with troublemakers.

You are primarily Whitewash because you desire to worship an outside entity. If you truly held honour, you would remain with your brothers and attempt to change the system from the inside.

Thank you for enlightening me and sorry to clog up your reply section with that story. Kra is now going to attempt to return his honor unto the Uzg, perhaps by completing the honorary challenges. Your comment on my story has helped me rp correctly and for that i am grateful

A lot of times I'll see orcs do the whole "Hurhur" RP stance. Stopping people for no apparent reason, killing people with for no reason other than being "Non-orc". Namely, defenseless people in order to get pixels.

I've also seen a lot of Orcs just run into RP hubs or foreign cities and basically bandit people for no apparent reason other than to ruin RP. I've even seen multiple Orcs RPing some rather needlessly gross things "Because they're Orcs" I.E voiding their bowels (since shitting gets bleeped), pissing on things/people, and just all around being a nuisance.

I'm sure this is not ALL Orcs, but it seems to be the vast majority of them, sadly. Is Orc leadership cracking down on that or not really?

41 minutes ago, Merkaken said:

I'm sure this is not ALL Orcs, but it seems to be the vast majority of them, sadly. Is Orc leadership cracking down on that or not really?

You can bring a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. We try as best we can by setting an example, but the population of this server remains to house memers that like to incorporate a lot of OOC into RP.

Believe me. We hate them as much as everyone else.

15 hours ago, Smaw said:

You can bring a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. We try as best we can by setting an example, but the population of this server remains to house memers that like to incorporate a lot of OOC into RP.

Believe me. We hate them as much as everyone else.

Fair enough! Glad to see it's not something that is condoned.

I'm glad I more or less follow this guide, but is it cowardly to decline a fight if the other side is being dishonorable and thus are not physically defenseless, but certainly morally defenseless? 

Also, this is basically my main source for turning people around about their negative ideas about orcs. ALL ORCS SHOULD READ THIS GUIDE TO IMPROVE OUR RAAACE

On 5/27/2016 at 10:37 PM, MangoArt said:

I'm glad I more or less follow this guide, but is it cowardly to decline a fight if the other side is being dishonorable and thus are not physically defenseless, but certainly morally defenseless? 

To some degree, yes. The Spirits are said to dictate who wins a fight, for they are responsible for the outcome of all things. If you win the fight, the Spirits are in your favour.

If someone is trolling however, then by all means ignore them.

@Smaw I'm still mad you made a description for Tuk and Fud but not Lak !!!!!