A Newbie's Pocket Guide to Villainy RP

Merkaken

12 hours ago, Aerial said:

My guide; villainy is majorly about you and the impact you make, not the individual you're RPing with. It's hardly about their enjoyment nor should that be the main focus, nobody enjoys losing -- the impact of your decisions count and matter. 

I sometimes enjoy losing, but if the guy just wants all your loot, that isn't fun, I prefer villains who will just tell you to ss or take a few simple things from you.

6 hours ago, Jentos said:

I sometimes enjoy losing, but if the guy just wants all your loot, that isn't fun, I prefer villains who will just tell you to ss or take a few simple things from you.

Key word, 'sometimes.' People who pvp you and take your stuff are hardly villains, just players who want more loot tbh. 

10 minutes ago, Aerial said:

Key word, 'sometimes.' People who pvp you and take your stuff are hardly villains, just players who want more loot tbh. 

Most likely that is the case. But if someone does do the villainy RP extremely well. Maybe through a well emoted, and fair RP fight. Or a fair PVP fight. And they want the loot for /winning/ I don't see it as they particularly wanting your loot. BUT I haven't seen any of that in a bit.

On 5/12/2016 at 10:19 PM, Evocress said:

I personally believe villain roleplay is about the person you're with and also yourself. It doesn't always have to have a reason why you engage in a villianous activity with the person nor could it be a potential for your character to grow as a person, sometimes it's just for the fun of it or you're in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

Villain roleplay is something that comes from the both, the villain might loose or the victim might loose. You should write a guide on "When is it the right time to loose in role play" as that'll be a better concept to write then a general "Villain guide". It should be fun for both sides, not adjusting your role play to fit for someone else. 

That's actually a rather good idea, and a good point. I'll consider writing that when I get the chance.

As for this guide, can we have it locked? It's derailed to **** with trolly posts and arguments.

Locked per request of OP.