Chains of Ice, Worn Once More (Harbinger Extension)

Malaise

While I would love to see harbingers become an extinct thing, they're around in role-play and this seems only to add to the experience, rather than take to it. If people feel so strongly against harbingers, perhaps they should go harby-huntin.

17 hours ago, Malocchio said:

Just because you say "xd no offense my dude b-but!!" doesn't mean that what you're saying isn't an insult. Matt has a brilliant, ridiculously vibrant vocabulary and if you have a problem understand "big" words, consider not commenting and feel free to use Google to allow comprehension. This is indeed, as Lev said, how Matt talks naturally and as someone who experienced the same sort of comments about my writing, it's actually extremely irritating that you had to add that tiny little comment for some +1's from halfwit forum-serpents. Try not to do that to people, yeah? That's all.

In truth the issue isn't comprehending his hefty vocabulary. The issue is you and I know that half of the words were chosen just to sound intellectual. It's not an insult, if you want to be a better writer you can't go your entire life with everyone going "zomg so good kyaaaa~" and expect to improve.

7 hours ago, Toodles78 said:

Some questions.

Are they still weak to gold?

Would they be weak to Fi', which would cut the connection with their 'deity'?

You say they won't be able to rely on Bloodshards anymore. What about Thanhium armor?

Can you be a bit more specific on what 'free themselves from their husk state' entails?

Why is merely being influenced by a dark being the reason they're damaged by holy magics? Shouldn't it be because they're, y'know, undead?

When you say it's entirely voluntary, do you mean IRPly or OOCly? i.e. can a Harbinger be forced to come under a new master completely ICly, or does it require OOC consent?

Are new Harbingers able to be created by Azdromoth?

Can they still be 'cleansed' by Xan magic in this state?

Yes, as all unholy things are.

No, as Azdromoth is not a deity.

Their bodies are composed of Thanhium, so they may still manipulate it and wield it.

When Setherien died, the Harbingers were left severely weakened, and with a finite source of power. This would allow them to once more be empowered, at the cost of their free will.

They are indeed hurt because they are unholy. It was courtesy to add that to the cons, so as to not seem as if it were not a concept any longer.

Both. They may come to the Drakaar in RP, and will consent OOCly. I cannot force this upon a player's character.

Not as of yet. 

If they consent to be, yes, as it is an OOC decision to make.

Isn't it really funny how the only people that want Harbingers to exist in any capacity are people that play them and warped staff members? Bit like the Kharajyr

I do not like Harbingers in general but I do not like them having free will more.

@Malocchio please speak English.

It feels like all this Roleplay seems constricted to ET or other selected members only. While I am not the most active, I get on from time to time because of life obligations. I also don't like fighting a super powerful guy that can take on a squadron of soldiers. That's why the Undead were removed, for their overpowerness and lack of Roleplay. 

Does the removal of their free will mean we won't see harbringers fighting with Flays for no real reason? And if there is a reason, someone state why.

4 hours ago, mylimo7 said:

It feels like all this Roleplay seems constricted to ET or other selected members only. While I am not the most active, I get on from time to time because of life obligations. I also don't like fighting a super powerful guy that can take on a squadron of soldiers. That's why the Undead were removed, for their overpowerness and lack of Roleplay. 

Does the removal of their free will mean we won't see harbringers fighting with Flays for no real reason? And if there is a reason, someone state why.

No ET member plays a Harbinger. All Harbingers are currently simple players. Not all of them are "Flay aligned" either. A couple are entirely neutral, and only two of the variety you mentioned actually exist. This lore cannot truly be given to ALL players, as not all players have Harbinger characters, although in time that may change. 

And, I understand your distaste in regards to powerful characters, but there are far more powerful things out there than Harbingers. We have Golems, Necrolytes, Keepers, and many more things that are capable of "taking on a squadron of soldiers". 

In truth, this opens an opportunity for more player-antagonist events to be formulated and hosted by the players that take this route. The Archdrakaar is a character created just for that particular reason. The staff has entrusted me as an ET member to make certain personal abuse will not come from this. I hope I've given you an adequate response. Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: it's just incredibly suspicious man because I know you're all friends.

Excuse myself. What I meant by that was that Harbingers only Roleplay with themselves in events created by ET who are also affiliated. It just doesn't seem like regular players are apart of this. It is the same as the Undead fighting the Ascended on top of Riven or whatever. It was a nice event and all but no one was there to observe, and it just felt like an event for ourselves. Therefore it served no real purpose besides being the plot of a lore post no one knows anything about.

im sure there are other powerful beings around but they shouldn't be joining fights between groups for "suspicious reasons." It is like how Goldrim joined the dwarves to fight Oren. I mean sure he is a Dwarf but it makes no sense for him to fight on one side particularly because of his ties with Iblees.

thank you for replying to this topic. Most of the time, no one ever does.

8 hours ago, mylimo7 said:

Edit: it's just incredibly suspicious man because I know you're all friends.

Excuse myself. What I meant by that was that Harbingers only Roleplay with themselves in events created by ET who are also affiliated. It just doesn't seem like regular players are apart of this. It is the same as the Undead fighting the Ascended on top of Riven or whatever. It was a nice event and all but no one was there to observe, and it just felt like an event for ourselves. Therefore it served no real purpose besides being the plot of a lore post no one knows anything about.

im sure there are other powerful beings around but they shouldn't be joining fights between groups for "suspicious reasons." It is like how Goldrim joined the dwarves to fight Oren. I mean sure he is a Dwarf but it makes no sense for him to fight on one side particularly because of his ties with Iblees.

thank you for replying to this topic. Most of the time, no one ever does.

To be perfectly fair, I run a group of cultist that are also affiliated with the harbs/drakaar, we also have participated in quite a few of the evens, but by no means all of them, none the less, these events are not entirely for a closed group of staff, as many players join and participate. Just my two cents.

Hail Harbingers!

No really though, this lore's great! Hopefully it's implemented so we can see some more great antagonist role-play. Plus, the Tribals need someone to stalk around and high-key worship.

I7Stwy1.jpg

On 5/22/2016 at 8:08 PM, mylimo7 said:

The roleplay story leading up to the Harbingers fighting with the Dreadlanders is actually really cool, I was fairly surprised by it all when my character was drawn into it. Really excited to do more with it if this takes off.

I'm sorry to say that this lore has been Denied.

You may pm a member of the LM team for any questions you may have with the decision or for any reasons for the result.