Gnome Lore Supplement

EmbryoGod

TLDR; not much about gnome Lore out there, so me and the other gnomes made this little bad boy. Tell us what you think!

Gnomes

Whimsical Creatures.

Gnomes are small, stupid, and most of the time squalid-looking creatures. They’ve gone mostly unnoticed for a long time, due to their baby-ish stature and child-like vocabulary, most have been assumed to be children. The tallest Gnome on record is 1 foot 9 inches, and the most intelligent is barely capable of reading.

Physiology

Not much is known about the inner workings of Gnomes. Any Gnome brought in for experimentation has had entire different physiologies depending on the personality. For instance, one rather cheery Gnome was filled with small bits of colorful paper typically thrown around at parties. It is believed that Gnomes mentally and physically mature by the age of 12 (although there is some speculation to this, as Gnomes are unbelievably stupid and small).

Habitat

Gnomes, much like their Halfling relatives, prefer to live in smaller, more natural places. This can be in your crawlspace, this could be inside of a golem, this could also mean tunnels that the Gnomes themselves dig out, all places stated above are real world examples of their hiding places. Gnomes typically prefer to live with their Gnomish families. Due to their small size and stature, most of their furniture is tiny. Though don’t let that fool you! A young, rogue Gnome could just as easily throw a party in your house, and use the large furniture to commit unspeakable acts of partying.

Gnomes and their Interaction with other Races

Gnomes are best known for their comedic interactions with the other races. Due to the strange behavior of the Gnomes, as well as their seemingly (and currently unexplainable) magical properties, they have either been loved or hated, there’s no real gray area in the appreciation of Gnomish culture! The most well-documented instance of Gnomes and other races interacting is during Krugsmas, when young Gnomes appear out of nowhere to give presents to people from a  seemingly endless sack of toys. Gnomes bear no ill-will towards the other races, and just want to spread their habitual partying and drinking with the rest of the world. To date, there’s been no counts of violence or war due to a Gnome’s actions. In fact, wherever Gnomes go, peace truly follows with.

Gnomish Cheer

One of the largest parts of Gnome culture is Gnomish Cheer, the idea of constantly being happy despite your current situation. Now, typically, this phenomenon is seen because Gnomes are so unreasonably stupid, that they can’t tell the difference between a threat on their life or a nice shave. This aspect of their society is why they rarely get angry. Most of the time Gnomes are seen being unreasonably happy, or unreasonably sad (if you deny them a hug!).

Celebration

Gnomish celebrations involve copious amounts of green and alcohol. No matter the occasion, Gnomes invite their relatives and close friends to enjoy in their revelry. Most people will consume so much of a certain substance that they’ll typically forget the entire party.

Religion

Gnomes fervently serve Billy Bob, their Tater God. To the Gnomes, Billy Bob is everything they want to be, intelligent, wealthy, and a ladies’ man. Their worship typically includes copious amounts of drinking and partying, in the hopes that they can live a small taste of the good life that Billy Bob represents.

Gnomes and their Impact on Society

Gnomes have already left their mark on the world in the cheer of every person. They’re also responsible for intriguing toys (including the yoyo), and make some of the greatest cookies around. Truly every person’s life is changed when they meet a Gnome.

Economy

What are you? Stupid? No? Well the Gnomes are. They don’t have a bartering system, so most of the times Gnomes just sort of give each other things to survive with each other. Mutual assurance of safety through mutual giving.

Edit: The creators of the lore would prefer it to have a Creature Application, as to ensure proper, Gnomish RP is being done.

I still think it needs more details and information in general.

Gnomes plz +1

Seriously, yes. The idea of creature lore for gnomes is long over due!

Very well written, gnomes would be a great addition to the current available races and I see no downside to them existing so, +1!

I was under the impression Gnomes on this server were a Halfling subrace. Implementing such radical lore (A height of less than 2 feet) also makes it seem like they're well...just magical Halflings.

I suggest trying to find something that makes them differ a bit more from Halflings other than their height and 'magic' and perhaps consider rethinking some of the lore.

Just now, Free The Hobbits said:

I was under the impression Gnomes on this server were a Halfling subrace. Implementing such radical lore (A height of less than 2 feet) also makes it seem like they're well...just magical Halflings.

I suggest trying to find something that makes them differ a bit more from Halflings other than their height and 'magic' and perhaps consider rethinking some of the lore.

They've got slight differences, this is just to supplement the lore that's already existing. Not to make a new race

i agree with fre the hobits xd. u should always consult ur local halfling lore expert before making such EXTREME lore

Just now, Stonewall Jackson said:

i agree with fre the hobits xd. u should always consult ur local halfling lore expert before making such EXTREME lore

Extreme

Ok, serious though even though it's a supplemental lore it's very general. It's pretty good though

do they take dat dere celltech or is it other supplement

After RPing a bit with some gnomes I find this MUCH more appealing. ++++++1

Yes

Sigh, so many cool races I wanna play... Too many students to teach... And not enough persona slots!

hey, woah, this lore adding is pretty cool! +1!!!