The Will of Orgon

Shalashask

The Will of Orgon
orc-army-4.jpg

Spoiler

The taint had started its slow advancement over the Southern continent. Slowly the lush fields and flora had turned to rot. The soil was coloured a toxic purple. Humans and elves who had once hunted and lived happily in the villages had been forced to flee, some had even succumbed to disease. Their crops wilted, and their livestock turned to brown piles of infected mush.

This was no natural disaster, but the will of Orgon. For the past few years, Rex Kharak'Raguk had been enacting Orgon's will. He had called upon Orgon to bring taint and disease upon the human lands, and annihilate the wildlife. Nothing stood in the way, as the taint washed over the lands like a tsunami, the local flora and fauna crushed by Orgon's pestilence. Kharak and his loyal following celebrated this taint as they worshipped Orgon, extending his influence in the form of a horrific scar on the land.

As Kharak surveyed the surrounding lands, he realised there was one obstacle in his path to please Orgon. The city of Aethermoor. While it stood, with residents willing to fight, Kharak's shamanism would not be able to pass it. The lands surrounding Aethermoor were fertile, and crops grew with great vitality. This disgusted many of the orcs and especially Kharak. He would not allow anything to halt Orgon's will, especially a settlement of merry elves and humans. 

Several messages were delivered directly to the settlement to warn the residents to abandon their city, and let taint wash over their lands like it had done before. The settlers were defiant, and even resisted when the message was delivered directly by Dominus Glumpuz'Gorkil. It was clear what the Rex's next plan of action was. The orcs with the will of Orgon would assault the city, and allow the taint to take it. 

The Targoths were summoned to the Rex's chamber to begin battle preparations. Kharak wished the Uzg to advance as soon as possible, and so the Targoths set about mobilising the forces, in preparation for the upcoming battle. The sound of hammer on steel rang out through the Uzg as Kharak's plan came to motion. Amour and weapons were cranked out by goblin smiths, and siege engines were rolled out towards the western mountains. The Uzg was going to war.

WARCLAIM

Tier Chosen (This cannot be changed after the first warclaim is held):
Tier 2

Type of battle:
Skirmish

Date And Time:
4th June, 10PM GMT/5PM EST

Side A: [Initiators]
The War Uzg

Side B: [Receivers]
Aethermoor

Location and boundaries:
The mountains north of Aethermoor

Broad location 

Spoiler

deba82109559f6e68941e0686b73750b.png

Proposed Boundaries

Spoiler

1181c1cce63c9fd233b0e86c37db8a8a.png

Red= Uzg start
Blue= Aethermoor start
The whole area in this picture is proposed to be used.

Terms of Victory

Victory for attackers: All Aethermoor forces are routed or killed.

Victory for defenders: All Uzg forces are routed or killed.

Upon Victory For...

Side A: The Uzg is able to set up a siege camp north of Aethermoor and commence a siege warclaim the following week.

Side B: The area around Aethermoor is not war-claimable for a month. Aethermoor gains the initiative should they chose to counter-attack. 

Rules

-No one day alts.
-All LOTC rules.
-No defensive modifications from this point on.
-If one side does not show, then the other side may claim victory.
-No constructs (e.g Golems or Harbingers.)
-No status switching.

The defender is Vandoria, not Aethermoor. Likewise, we do not agree to the following terms:

-No allies.
-No stoneskins.
-No major defensive modifications from this point on.

As the owner of Aethermoor, I will disagree with the no allies heavily. I also have a few points to say as well. 

Now let me begin with the obvious disagreement. 

No Allies

Okay, so a huge race of savage Orcs are going to not raid but WAR CLAIM a settlement/town. Picture that right? A mass race known for its numbers attacking an settlement  under a nation? oh capital even. Would the nation leader just sit there and allow it ? a full nation to attack their settlement with no defense or helping them? No. Its obviously pretty one sided. Even a blind squirrel can see that. Think if an nation went to one of your camps and were wanting to claim it? Doesn't make sense if the Rex/leader of the race was to tell that camp to fend for himself hm?

Everyone knows that Orcs are known for having alts, so please do not try to bs the "no alts" we ALL know it will happen. There has been no WC that I've seen where it's like "No allies" If they don't have allies than it sucks for them. But logically, if you are going to attack a nation that has one, the allies are not just going to sit and watch from the sides, especially if the attackers have been causing trouble for them as well. They will want some revenge of their own.

NOW for the part that has been itching ALOT more than just few. 

This event push on the orc plague, how long has this plague been spreading? the event time one could say. It's been at a halt for some time as the big answer when someone is trying to interact with it. "Need to wait for the ET to finish building." Okay yes that's alright but the ET just got a mass bunch of ET people join them, that's not a huge excuse for such delay of the plague builds. I was for it but the time has passed too long. 

Again, I shall stay to this point of the issue, after a month or so of having us wait. The druids and other groups that could get rid of the plague we're fully ready to cleanse it, the moment it came to spreading so much. But were told "Wait on the ETs to finish." Again, waiting is fine but its taken too long for waiting which is just not cool.

Then out of no where the plague wants to spread more? Was the event continued and we that were wanting to cleanse or get rid of the plague taint were merely pushed away so it can continue to spread? 

We can't do anything to defend or make the plague taint within an area to stop because we have to wait for ET?

Big thing i was told if we tried, we'd be warclaimed for interfering with their Spirit work and MANY orcs would be at the borders protecting and making sure no one would touch the plague lands and will know if its being touched. Also seeming one-sided. I highly doubt Orcs will be there in a line watching for EVERY movement that comes to the plagueland borders. 

The eventline has been on for too long and only seems to just benefit the orcs and allow them to do whatever they want because "The Spirits told us to do it." with no way of defending, even though there is a full way to do so, but "Wait on the GMS and ET." 

I don't see any progress with this war claim if its just to make more land barren and wasted like the the unfinished land that's there. That's a poor job in my eyes, finish something before trying to get more. Do not eat more than you can swallow.  

That's all my say on this

Legit question;

can the group of Tribals that have in role-play been camped outside of Aethermoore and harassing them (Ask Zero) get involved as a third party or something? As in, they'd attack both sides? That'd be nice.

Just now, The Combatant said:

Legit question;

can the group of Tribals that have in role-play been camped outside of Aethermoore and harassing them (Ask Zero) get involved as a third party or something? As in, they'd attack both sides? That'd be nice.

As the twist sounds cool. I would like to get some things fixed before adding other stuff.

1 hour ago, XHipsterAtheistX said:

The defender is Vandoria, not Aethermoor. Likewise, we do not agree to the following terms:

-No allies.
-No stoneskins.
-No major defensive modifications from this point on.

I know I'm not meant to post on the warclaim, but you and I both know that Harbingers Constructs and stoneskins are monstrously overpowered and would drastically take away from the fun of the warclaim. 

Thread locked. All discussion will take place in warclaim chat.

Warclaim cancelled due to an agreement made by party leaders. No battle today, sorry folks.