The Eagle Bites Back

Vege

"This is our struggle, we will fight until we fall, or they fall."  - Duke Percical Staunton, First Duke of Courland. 

The Duke was nowhere to be seen following his defeat in Krakens Watch. The once mighty Lord brought to his knees by the combined forces of just about every other non Courlander.

It it took him over a year to come to terms with such a defeat. As he sat in his cave, he pounded his fist upon a table, littered with small military figures and empty bottles of alcohol.

"No." Says Aleksander.

"They wanted this fight. Now it is time to give our all, let our actions to follow be a true test of Courland's metal."

With this, the Duke placed his green and black armour on once more, preparing his scattered banners to once more bare arms in his name, to remove his enemies from his land.

As word of the Duke's return got out, thousands of men flocked once more to defend his name, the hardy Courlander's thirsty for vengeance.

They rode to meet the remainder of the Coalition forces for the battle of the river Westmark.

e783ceac3987655a97bcfc6007d96fea.jpg

WARCLAIM DETAILS

Type of battle: Skirmish

Time: Saturday, June 11th at 4PM EST

Attackers: The Duchy of Courland & Friends

Defenders: Carnatia & Friends

The river between Riga and Krakens Watch.

TERMS OF VICTORY

Offensive Victory: All Coalition forces are routed or killed.

Defensive Victory: All Coutlandish forces killed or routed.

REWARDS

Offensive rewards: Courland is permitted to continue their war effort and siege Krakens Watch.

Defensive rewards: Riga may be warclaimed in a pillage.

RULES

-No status switching

-If the Coalition forces do not show to the battle, it is forfeit to the attackers.

-All LoTC Rules apply

-Rolling to capture leaders.

((Pretty sure coalition has the momentum in this war so I'm not sure you're able to post a warclaim. Let me know if wrong @fireheart!

You also happen to be banned.

Really sorry to post Fireheart, ik only leaders are supposed to post, but just feel like I should put in my 2 cents regarding Purepimp saying they have moment. Well... you sorta went a week without making another war claim against Courland, so are we just supposed to sit back and wait a month until you decide to war claim us again? It has also been established that the next battle will be a skirmish, so really either side could initiate it because I believe fireheart said the skirmish would be in order to judge who gains momentum in the war.

Not to mention even if an argument could be made about the coalition still having the momentum, the fact that part of the coalition just broke off and could possibly be getting attacked by the rest of the coalition (seeing how people on both sides were statused up last night and ready to fight) should be sufficient enough to argue that the coalition's momentum has been broken seeing how they are now dealing with the Charlemagne's men.

Well this whole "skirmish" thing is kind of bs considering you and we agreed (through the Pacta) that after we get krakens watch we can go straight to Riga to sack it. Dunno why you're saying we can't anymore considering it is something you agreed to.

Well, I'm reading this, and since the pillage warclaim got denied, and you guys havent written another post (you had 2 days, you can work on it real good) I guess this is more of a 'Lets try and drive them back B4 they take Riga.' This is the field battle both sides were wanting anyway, no idea why peeps be complaining.

30 minutes ago, Lsuvsfar said:

Really sorry to post Fireheart, ik only leaders are supposed to post, but just feel like I should put in my 2 cents regarding Purepimp saying they have moment. Well... you sorta went a week without making another war claim against Courland, so are we just supposed to sit back and wait a month until you decide to war claim us again? It has also been established that the next battle will be a skirmish, so really either side could initiate it because I believe fireheart said the skirmish would be in order to judge who gains momentum in the war.

We didn't post a warclaim because of the orc skirmish that supposed to happen. That's why we posted the warclaim yesterday after the warclaim didn't happen. We were told that after sieging Kraken's Watch, we would be able to go straight to a siege of Riga, as outlined in the Pacta. We were not told we needed to skirmish again.

Enough, I'm leaving the posts as it may help Fireheart but I'm locking the thread for now to prevent it becoming a mess of arguments. In future do not post on a warclaim thread unless you are one side's leader, if you have something relevant to say message Fireheart directly. 

The outcome of the battle doesn't matter based on who posted the Warclaim. If the defenders were to post it, it would mean the same thing with the same rewards for respective sides. Thomas will be overseeing this Warclaim for the time being so speak on the already existing established Warclaim chat rather than on this post.