[Re-Submission] The Aspect Stones

Sky

The Aspect Stones
xlFrSMM.png

Description of the Sacred Stones.

A tome written by the Song Druid

The Sacred Stones of the Aspects, otherwise referred to as The Aspect Stones, are incredibly powerful artifacts associated with the Druids. There is believed to be three in total, one for each of the figurehead Aspects and a Third that binds them together. They are rather large, rounded square-ish boulders and each take on a differing colour the the other, Blue for Cerridwen, Silver for Cernunnos, and Black for the binder. They are quite heavy, but one fit individual could transport a singular stone on their own. The three together, however, have been known to require at least three others to carry the stones within a chest, just to be able to transport them. Once the stones are close enough to one another they magnetize, though this effect is only present when all three are together it seems.

The three stones emit a powerful aura of Druidic Energy, together the stones are able to prevent corruption of any kind from breaching the perimeter of the grove they are currently inhabiting. Indeed, just a singular stone has enough power to stop corruption up to twenty feet, but together the power that emits from them becomes much stronger and spreads to a larger radius. The stones have been known to give visions to those that touch them, and help aid those attuned on paths to enlightenment through their pulsating auras.

Symbolically the three stones represent the completion of the Druidic Order. Each one represents an Aspect, and are even believed to of been molded by the Aspects themselves. To possess something touched by the Aspects is beyond blessed to the Druids. Even when broken down, the stones seem to emit a light of Druidic energy, and even centuries after their crumbling. It is rumoured that the Order remains in possession of the Stone Dust, that was once from the Great Aegis Stones themselves.

-

Each of the three stones inhabits their own strength, each that enhances the ability of those attuned all around them and when together, are able to combine their strengths and amplify them. Cerridwen’s blue stone, represented by a block of diamond, enhances the capabilities and strength of; Nature’s Healing and Blight Healing, having a radius of fifteen blocks. Cernunnos’ silver stone, represented by a block of iron, enhances the capabilities and strength of; Communion and Control. Nemiisae’s black stone, represented by a block of obsidian, enhances the capabilities and strengths of a Druid’s blessings in general.

Each of the three stones is incredibly heavy, a single druid is capable of moving one but is very slow as they do and when all three are together, they magnetize and would take a small group to lift them, only being able to release their magnetic bond with the help of elder druids. Each stone emits an aura of pure natural energies up to a fifteen block radius on their own, two together would hit reach up to a thirty block radius and finally, when all three are together and powers combined, a fifty block radius that shields the grove they are inhabiting.

Unknown in character by all but a select few druids, to be found out in-character by the current Order, that the stones themselves do not have unlimited power or energy, and that when used can be drained of what they hold. Often when used to heal blight, the druids using the stones would succumb to their own fatigue before, or not even noticing, the stones energy draining. However once drained, they would be needed to be left to rest and energy restored, either naturally gaining by being left in a faerie circle (or nearby) or, for what has happened for years, a hierophant meditate within it’s vicinity and sharing it’s energies to the stones, acting as a battery recharge.

Those of taint, or corruption, would feel uneasy or discomforted within the boundaries. The closer one of such disposition would be, the more painful it would become and directly touching one, would cause an extreme amount of pain (if not killing) depending on what it is they are. (Such as ghouls, liches, etc.). Taint, or corruption, within the radius would cease and, depending on how close to the stones, it would begin to be cleansed naturally.

What classifies as ‘taint’ or ‘corruption’?

Anything that would draw upon the energy of natural things in the area, or would change the nature of the land in any way (i.e. changing something in evil, or malevolence, or emitting an aura that would affect the mindset/powers of those around it), or cause blight/decay/plague.

-

What happens if someone tried to break them? What is necessary to break one?

The Aspect Stones are considered to be one of the strongest materials known throughout the entirety of the lands, from Aegis. If an attempt is made to break them, it’d prove no use and if the item used is weak enough, or if the person in question has weak bones (for one reason, or another) it could cause damage to which that tries. Showing that the stones are impossible to be destroyed through natural ways, even dark magics as they would not be able to physically touch them. As for, what is needed to break one, that’s unknown as no attempts have truly been made to find out, and (like some lore) is something best kept out of public eye.

What happens if a stone is broken?

Personally, I would love for it to be re-made somewhere in the world (and if you feel this would be better, please say so). However, if the stones are somehow managed to be destroyed, and ultimately turned to dust, then they are completely lost to the Order, and thus the world. A reason why the Order holds this artifact as something to be heavily defended, and also gives it a reason to be loved, as with items that you know will simply return can be disregarded if it’s safety is on the line.

Will a new stone be created if another is broken? If yes, how?

Again, personally I would love to have it where if a stone is broken then one would reforge nearby an area with a strong natural energy field. (and again, if you feel this would be better, please do say so). However, again, the stones will not be re-created if broken.

What happens if a stone is lost?

The stones give off a strong presence of druidic energy, which explains why stronger druids are able to pin-point their locations if they concentrate strong enough in an area that’s connected strongly with nature (ie. groves, faerie circles, etc) or, power-shared. Thus, if a stone becomes lost, and the druids are looking for them, they tend to be able to find them with the assistance of an elder druid.

What even is the magnetic field, are they just stuck together?

Think of it like the positive and negative sides of a magnet, where it only happens if all three are nearby, and the way they do it is simply their connection with nature, and strong druidic nature. Once this happens, they are indeed stuck together due to this bond and, no it’s not a literal magnetic field but it works similar, just was a way of wording to explain how it was like.

If yes, how much force is needed to separate them?

It would take multiple elder druids to separate the three stones, if they become bonded together due to their natural want to be together, and their strong druidic energy.

You're seriously saying that a dark mage can't do magic in their vicinity, and dark creatures start having huge amounts of pain? Please add details as to how much is stopped.

I didn’t say that they cannot perform dark magic in their vicinity. Think of the stones, somewhat like an ascended’s ward, where in the area of effect the stones give off, they are given pain and, if they are able to perform while under the pressure of being in constant pain under the stones, can perform their magic. How much pain it causes would consider heavily upon the creature, and as dark creatures, entities, etc. are on the raise, it would prove fruitless to give a long list. However, the dark, or unnatural, a creature is the more pain they’d be under, and when role-played, would not be forced to simply die in their vicinity and would be happy if simply added into the scene.

Eranikus gives a good answer here;

They're unnatural beings. The stones are, in essence, an embodiment of perfect balance created by the very aenguls that created the balance. They're walking corruption, going directly against nature in the case of ghouls as an example. However, I would say that it should only block certain dark magics or certain aspects of dark magics, rather than blanketing over all of them. Necromancy would definitely be blocked from causing corruption or taint within the radius entailed in the post by the OP. Their tethers would also operate at roughly half capacity within that radius, as the stones would be drawn to correct the damage that was being done within the radius. I think at most Frost Witches would feel about the same as ghouls would within the range. I'm not sure how their magic works. Same with Shades, just feel sick around the stones. Although passing on their shade-ness should be more difficult within the range, as again its unnatural. Blood mages would probably be fairly unaffected. Same with Soul Puppeteers, though curses should be weaker within the range. Does not outright stop them from creating the soul connection or inflicting curses. Ummm... Fi magic is technically voidal, so they shouldn't be affected either. Although I think a Fi mage should be able to temporarily stop them from regenerating energy expended, but not outright block them from using the energy they already have pooled inside them. I can't think of any other dark magics off the top of my head.

How much power do the stones have, and how long do they take to recharge?

I would give each stone the equivalent of two songs, and a wolf. Now, that was a half-joke half-serious answer, as I would like to explain that the two I stated are two of the oldest druids within the server. Thus meaning that a single stone would be quite strong, though due to this I would say that it’d take double that to heal it completely, if fully drained. Meaning that, it takes 10 “energies” to fill 5 “energies” (isn’t it fun putting numbers to non-existent variables of power?).

How much are the powers of the druids enhanced by being near the aspect stones?

Substantially, but it all is situational and the stones themselves would need to be tapped into in the situations, for example if wanting to heal blight it would give a large boost of what would be equivalent from tier 1 to tier 2 but, they still need to know the magic for it to increase such things.

Again, Eranikus gives a good answer here;

I figured it'd be like a larger version of a fairy ring. Like... advance by a full tier instead of half a tier though. If already T5, just treat it as if a T2 druid was powersharing with them.

What kind of visions are received? Can any druid receive them? How will this be controlled?

Visions regarding natural things, it would vary greatly and depend upon their experiences, as a more experienced druid could potentially get a vision of taint being spread (however through a cryptic way) where as someone with not much experience may see a vision of a dying flower somewhere in the world. I don’t believe it needs to be controlling, it adds spice and is simply to demonstrate that it has natural powers, and touching it does something, however if needed I can simply add a sign and ask them to contact me, where I’d be sure that the visions aren’t ridiculous and breaking any set of rules.

Can any stone be corrupted by any powerful dark being or combination of them?

Simply put, the stones cannot be corrupted like other deity magic filled artifacts. They cannot be corrupted at all.  They are completely immune to blight, taint, plague or corruption.

Here are answers to Jistuma's questions, all happily answered for you and put in their only little area! Please, feel free to ask more questions, and expect answers to be given after. Thank you all.

This is, I guess, classed as a lore resubmission due to the lore of the Aspect Stones, or more correctly lack thereof. I in no way claim ownership of this lore, nor claim that it was an original thought from my head and is a piece that I have simply re-wrote in an attempt to bring back the enjoyable role-play that it once brought and to bring back a piece that was once with us.

All credit for the lore is towards Jamie, who plays the Song Druid, for his original work on the Aspect Stones and for all his work towards the druidic order, and it’s workings, throughout his time within the server. Much love and respect towards you.

Please, give honest feedback, and modifications that you believe should be made.

I personally think this is wonderful. The LT or LD, whatever the hell I'm supposed to call it wanted more specifics. And this points things out quite well, in my opinion. I am interested to see if anyone suggests any modifications. Good work, Sky. ^^

Looks absolutely wonderful. It's a really good idea and I'd love to see it in-game. It'd add another level of roll play within the grove. 
+1 If that's needed.
My support is there for this lore. 

Shouldn't have had to be resubmitted in the first place, but oh well. In any case, it has my support +1

I do believe that Aspect Stone should be brought back but I think the lore needs a bit more clarification and explanation imo

Very nice update to the lore. I give this my full support.

Is this just a copy paste of the google doc? If so, can we please not write it like an in character tome, but rather a piece of lore with intense detail?

I'm going to write this post because it has been the second time that the aspect stones lore is being denied. (this lore is almost a copy paste of the lore that was currently up for voting).

There is almost no detail on what the stones do and how they react to outside sources. Do you want to know a few things that would need to be written down for the lore to have a chance of being accepted?

- What happens if someone tried to break them? What is necessary to break one?

- What happens if a stone is broken?

- Will a new stone be created if another is broken? If yes, how?

- What happens if a stone is lost?

- What even is the magnetic field, are they just stuck together? release their magnetic bond

- If yes, how much force is needed to separate them?

- You're seriously saying that a dark mage can't do magic in their vicinity, and dark creatures start having huge amounts of pain? Please add details as to how much is stopped.

- How much power do the stones have, and how long do they take to recharge?

- How much are the powers of the druids enhanced by being near the aspect stones?

- What kind of visions are received? Can any druid receive them? How will this be controlled?

- Can any stone be corrupted by any powerful dark being or combination of them?

If you think of more stuff that isn't written down, you should probably write about it too.

1 hour ago, Jistuma said:

I'm going to write this post because it has been the second time that the aspect stones lore is being denied. (this lore is almost a copy paste of the lore that was currently up for voting).

There is almost no detail on what the stones do and how they react to outside sources. Do you want to know a few things that would need to be written down for the lore to have a chance of being accepted?

- What happens if someone tried to break them? What is necessary to break one?

- What happens if a stone is broken?

- Will a new stone be created if another is broken? If yes, how?

- What happens if a stone is lost?

- What even is the magnetic field, are they just stuck together? release their magnetic bond

- If yes, how much force is needed to separate them?

- You're seriously saying that a dark mage can't do magic in their vicinity, and dark creatures start having huge amounts of pain? Please add details as to how much is stopped.

- How much power do the stones have, and how long do they take to recharge?

- How much are the powers of the druids enhanced by being near the aspect stones?

- What kind of visions are received? Can any druid receive them? How will this be controlled?

- Can any stone be corrupted by any powerful dark being or combination of them?

If you think of more stuff that isn't written down, you should probably write about it too.

As I'm concerned they were never denied because not only did the Lore Team neglect to mention it the Lore Team Lead created an event in which the stones re-entered the world and not only that supervised several events in which they were used.  

1-Nothing, once they come together they do not part.

2-It is permanently broken and does not reform.

3-Above.

4-Druids can sense the presence of the stones, and stronger Druids can locate them even if they are "lost".

5-No.

6-N/A

7-It's essentially an immense aengudaemonic bias of power in the area.  Granted I wasn't ready for this to be posted on the forums but I will agree that some work could be done here to look closer at its effects.

8-Above.  I didn't think Sky would post it before I had a chance to look over the changes I gave to him :<

9-Sigh.

10-This is RP flavor and I will not go break this **** down for you guys.  Seriously it doesn't matter.  And we the Druids when doing events and **** will create the visions.  Spoiler alert this is nothing new and it seems like you added this in just to fluff up your overly long list already.

11-They cannot be corrupted at all.  They are completely immune to blight, taint, plague or corruption. 

6 minutes ago, Song Druid said:

As I'm concerned they were never denied because not only did the Lore Team neglect to mention it the Lore Team Lead created an event in which the stones re-entered the world and not only that supervised several events in which they were used.  

1-Nothing, once they come together they do not part.

2-It is permanently broken and does not reform.

3-Above.

The lore was denied after Menarra stopped being the LM's lead.

After that 3 Druid LMs (from bird to callax) all knew the lore was denied on the basis of having too little information on them.

If you're accepting all those events done in Menarra's time, that would mean that one of the aspect stones is broken and there should be only 2 now. Your 1. answer is weird and doesn't answer the question.

Either way, we would need the main post with the lore changed to explain the parts that aren't explained, I left those questions to help the writers get the lore accepted.

I personally believe that they shouldn't be transportable cleansing tools. (However I did enjoy the event.)

If this second piece of lore is denied, Sky, I'll gladly help with a re-write to ensure it goes through smoothly, other than that, well done.

46 minutes ago, Jistuma said:

The lore was denied after Menarra stopped being the LM's lead.

After that 3 Druid LMs (from bird to callax) all knew the lore was denied on the basis of having too little information on them.

If you're accepting all those events done in Menarra's time, that would mean that one of the aspect stones is broken and there should be only 2 now. Your 1. answer is weird and doesn't answer the question.

Either way, we would need the main post with the lore changed to explain the parts that aren't explained, I left those questions to help the writers get the lore accepted.

I was speaking on Tsu, not menarra.

As far as what Delmo has to say on this matter:

34a26be09b182f253e829acd4fca94cb.png