Strigae - Children of the Unseen

Esterlen

This is the kinda stuff that the loreteam should make, not that ridiculous mud maiden memery and aenguls/daemons that only a few of the playerbase give a **** about.

Great read, lads, hopefully this'll be accepted sometime this year by the loreteam.

+1 to the max

10 hours ago, Evocress said:

Is it possible to limit these to just event team creatures? They seem a tad too overdone for normal players as it currently stands.

That or test it as an ET only for two months or however long and then decide to spread to the eyes. Though if the testing fails then the lore is denied?

Please no. From what I've seen, 90% of ET events are some silly stuff or "oh no its a monster we need to kill it".

What I like so much about this creature is that much like the frost witch it's actually a mysterious being that you can't just spot out of the crowd, a certain mindset is needed to play a creature like it, someone who knows how to be conniving trickster. It provides a different kind of fear, the fear of the unknown. I mean sure, a big bad dragon will terrify the world but a sneaky vampire lurking around a lord's hall or some village tavern in the frontier is TOP spooky. 

This has been yet another clusterfug response from me.

22 minutes ago, Jonificus said:

Please no. From what I've seen, 90% of ET events are some silly stuff or "oh no its a monster we need to kill it".

What I like so much about this creature is that much like the frost witch it's actually a mysterious being that you can't just spot out of the crowd, a certain mindset is needed to play a creature like it, someone who knows how to be conniving trickster. It provides a different kind of fear, the fear of the unknown. I mean sure, a big bad dragon will terrify the world but a sneaky vampire lurking around a lord's hall or some village tavern in the frontier is TOP spooky. 

This has been yet another clusterfug response from me.

When you allow a 'bad creature' to not be auto-killed on sight a lot more character development might exist.

I'm in love with this.

28 minutes ago, Luv said:

I'm in love with this.

In luv?

Just now, Matt_dew said:

In luv?

You know it.

Oi loike et, Oi loike et alot.

Not certain if anyone has suggested this yet, but I think a good way to balance it would be to make sunlight weaken them. Essentially if one were to be bathed in sunlight they'd be reduced to the strength and ability of a normal person.

1 hour ago, egloman said:

Not certain if anyone has suggested this yet, but I think a good way to balance it would be to make sunlight weaken them. Essentially if one were to be bathed in sunlight they'd be reduced to the strength and ability of a normal person.

This actually isn't a bad idea, the only problem is night lasts for about 5 minutes on lotc.

3 hours ago, egloman said:

I believe the Strigae have enough cons as it stands. And as KBR put it simply, the Day to Night cycle is unreliable on our server. Besides, if anything, you could institute a season or month possibly they could be stronger. Like a "Blood Moon" of sorts perhaps? Though that also seems like a bit much. The Date Plugin is reliable.

I'm sure it was suggested 10 pages ago, but if you really insist on adding more cons to something considerably weak like a ghoul and other such monster playable things... 'burn' in sunlight when they don't feed after 3 weeks or something. Literally oblivion. You all played this. Tbh doesn't need anymore cons, should lose a few honestly.

I don't well understand much regarding how the server's dynamics work in function, but if it means anything at all then let me say that, even through the course of hours spent combing dozens of pages and thousands of words of lore to write my application, I've not read a more engaging piece of world/creature mythos.

Personally, I've always seen a fine line between questions that must be asked and genuine nitpicking. Certainly, especially in a review process, more of the former must exist than the latter.

What an outright shame then that so many of the questions have been poorly disguised put-downs classed distinctly in the latter category. Here's to sailing through it all and kicking that **** to the curb. Kudos for writing something that made someone smile.

4 hours ago, Grixxer said:

I don't well understand much regarding how the server's dynamics work in function, but if it means anything at all then let me say that, even through the course of hours spent combing dozens of pages and thousands of words of lore to write my application, I've not read a more engaging piece of world/creature mythos.

Personally, I've always seen a fine line between questions that must be asked and genuine nitpicking. Certainly, especially in a review process, more of the former must exist than the latter.

What an outright shame then that so many of the questions have been poorly disguised put-downs classed distinctly in the latter category. Here's to sailing through it all and kicking that **** to the curb. Kudos for writing something that made someone smile.

Esterlen and I both greatly appreciate that you enjoyed it. We hope only to make this piece enrich the server's universe.

Hell yeah, regardless if I'd ever play one, this would be a rad addition to LotC.

Esterlen is a fantastic writer and has really been able to convey this idea thoroughly and with conviction and I definitely support this lengthy and in-depth idea.